Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2008, 07:52 PM

525 posts, read 947,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
To me, a good man is someone I look forward to talking to all the time. A man with whom I can laugh, cry, meditate, watch TV, read a poem, pray, play scrabble etc while keeping in mind what he likes and what he dislikes. If he doesnt like doing something, I would appreciate if he can let me know so that I would try and make things more tolerabe for both of us. Someone who can correct me when I go wrong.

Does this description of a 'good man' describe a man worth marrying to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 08:00 PM

4,500 posts, read 2,843,119 times
I hope I can find a good man for me oneday!!

I think it is very difficult to describe what the good man is ..that is something you can feel not to talk about.

there is no definition of a good man in Unites Nations!!

Last edited by Mona Mee; 12-12-2008 at 08:19 PM..

Old 12-12-2008, 08:09 PM

Default good man vs. the guy she'll marry

I think this thread reveals that a 'good man' to a lot of US women is not what they look for when it comes to which man they'll marry.

a 'good man' is more like what someone said earlier "a sounding board" positive resource etc..

what they'll marry....

Old 12-12-2008, 08:16 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,442,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New-Mona View Post
<b>I hope I can find a good man for me oneday!!</b>

A good man is hard to find.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:24 PM

5,289 posts, read 1,232,660 times
For me a good man is someone that is willing and able to protect me if the need arises. Someone that I can feel safe around. He is someone that is fun to be with and is willing to do stuff that he doesn't enjoy (once in awhile) because he knows that I do. On the reverse he is also someone that isn't afraid to speak his mind. He is someone that I enjoy cooking for and that makes it fun to do stuff for him, because he also does stuff for me. It is someone that is a gentleman, and can be trusted. Someone that can laugh at himself and the world around us. He is someone that makes each day together just fun, and calls me on my crap.

I could go on and on, but I don't want my beloved to read this and get a big ego, because it is all about him!

Old 12-12-2008, 08:50 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
My man.

He is:

My best friend.
A take charge kind of a guy.
Makes me laugh.
Makes me happy.
He cares about me and my feelings.
He is compassionate.
Loves me 110%.
Dotes on me all the time. But he is no woos. He's a manly man. No crying in my house.
Independent.
Thinks on his own and doesn't follow the crowd.
He is a leader.
He would do anything for me.
He is smart.
He is brave.
He is willing to teach me the things he knows which is so much.
He loves being with me 24/7.
He doesn't fight or argue with me.
He believes a man is supposed to take care of his family. I call him my dinosaur.
He is the only one who can put up with me, lol.

He is simply the best and I am so thankful for our love for each other.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:51 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
OK, we got it! Quit bragging already or we'll attack him!

Old 12-12-2008, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
OK, we got it! Quit bragging already or we'll attack him!

Hey watch it there. He might like that.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:05 PM

Default wonderful!! --but

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
My man.

He is:

My best friend.
A take charge kind of a guy.
Makes me laugh.
Makes me happy.
He cares about me and my feelings.
He is compassionate.
Loves me 110%.
Dotes on me all the time. But he is no woos. He's a manly man. No crying in my house.
Independent.
Thinks on his own and doesn't follow the crowd.
He is a leader.
He would do anything for me.
He is smart.
He is brave.
He is willing to teach me the things he knows which is so much.
He loves being with me 24/7.
He doesn't fight or argue with me.
He believes a man is supposed to take care of his family. I call him my dinosaur.
He is the only one who can put up with me, lol.

You didn't say how much he makes, and how tall he is. If he makes less than 40k and is shorter than 5'8'' then I not only BELIEVE you I totally APPLAUD you!

-but

Old 12-12-2008, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanACM View Post
You didn't say how much he makes, and how tall he is. If he makes less than 40k and is shorter than 5'8'' then I not only BELIEVE you I totally APPLAUD you!

-but
Money is irrelevant because he is really, really cheap and proud of it. It's a good thing I don't like to shop and spend money or he would boot me out on my ass. He had a wife like that once. We could live on less than 20k a year if we had to. We just built an off grid home with our own hands so we are really hard workers. We did this to be more self sufficient, not have bills and to not have to rely on others. He is 5'10" and I am 5'6". If I wear heels I am taller than him and it doesn't matter. You should believe because we have known each other for over 30 years through the best and worst of our lives.

Keep in mind most women couldn't live with him and most men couldn't live with me. We just happen to be two peas in a pod.

I'm sorry if things haven't worked out for you but there are good women out there if you are a good man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships