Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 11:55 AM

39 posts, read 48,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkern1989 View Post
Have you ever done it? Or, have you ever found someone you liked who was in a relationship, so you tried to steal them from their bf/gf?

I have had it done to me once that I know of. I was dating a girl and she decided that she liked someone different, so she told me she wasn't ready for a relationship, then the day after, she started dating someone different. It sucked. BUT, on the otherhand, I have come across many great girls who I would have loved to be with. The only problem is that they had a bf already. As much as I would have loved to date them, I just couldn't try to get them to leave their bf because I know how it feels to be the bf.

Have you ever been in any of those situations?
Awww, that's terrible. If you're in a relationship it must be based on love. So to say you have found someone better...would mean you're in love with someone else. If you're in love with someone else, then you're not in love with your current partner. Therefore, it's already a superficial 'relationship', so cease the cheese.

'have you ever been in any of those situations?'
No, to be in love you're saying you have found the 'best' in your eyes. Hence, 'better' is worthless to you cause you have the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 12:08 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
I'm afraid there is one man I'd even leave Bono (yes, of U2) for. Hey. All's fair in love and war.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:09 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
No, never. I find the idea of that really disturbing.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:22 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,196,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkern1989 View Post
Have you ever done it? Or, have you ever found someone you liked who was in a relationship, so you tried to steal them from their bf/gf?

I have had it done to me once that I know of. I was dating a girl and she decided that she liked someone different, so she told me she wasn't ready for a relationship, then the day after, she started dating someone different. It sucked. BUT, on the otherhand, I have come across many great girls who I would have loved to be with. The only problem is that they had a bf already. As much as I would have loved to date them, I just couldn't try to get them to leave their bf because I know how it feels to be the bf.

Have you ever been in any of those situations?
When I was in HS I was at a skating party and my "buddy" didn't know how to skate. He had a smokin hot GF and asked me if I'd skate with her and make sure no one messed with her. By the end of the night she was in the back seat of my car going at it with me. She dumped him the next day and we "went together" for a few months after that until another girl came along. When your young that's just how it goes!

Old 10-25-2011, 12:24 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Seriously, I don't know how old you are but when you're real young and unmarried, that's just the name of the game. You're not really committed when dating--unless you're engaged. But even then, until you've taken vows, all's fair.....

Old 10-25-2011, 01:11 PM

4,164 posts, read 6,316,466 times
I dated a guy in high school and I thought we were doing "ok." We were still in the early stages but the relationship seemed to have promise...Then I found out that my (so-called) best friend's neighbor had been dating "my guy" behind my back. I was the last one to find out about it!...I went through a lot of "stuff" when I was younger. Had some "hard knocks!" i had to develop a "tougher skin!"

Old 10-25-2011, 01:48 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,788,932 times
it's okay when you're dating, not okay once you've committed to a relationship unless there is a real reason to break it off based on some incompatibility in the relationship itself...if people could just walk away like that when something better came along then commitments would really mean absolutely nothing!

Old 10-25-2011, 02:13 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
Agreed. Dating is a time to meet people and along the way you may have to end a relationship and others ended for you. Part of the dating game. If people take it to hard they must learn to have thick skin and have enough strenght to take those situations. Take care.
Or they can just quit. that should always be an option.

Old 10-25-2011, 02:17 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
trouble with an open market, open dating, employment at will and so forth
is either party can walk. usually the idea is to make it easy for only one.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:38 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times
Another question is this: Have you ever had someone try to do it to their bf/gf just to be with you? Now that's awkward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships