Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 10:32 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,975,074 times

Advertisements

That is just plain weird, OP. I would honestly just ask her, and that's not a pat answer or anything. It's because it is an absolutely weird request at that time of night and given the circumstances so how can we even theorize?

Ask her...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2011, 09:29 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,265,777 times
mitopcat...maybe she was hoping you'd snuggle with her on the couch....and when you didn't she was a bit put off...so she came up with something for you to do....just to get you out

Old 10-23-2011, 09:53 PM

1,775 posts, read 3,782,239 times
I am assuming you are male (please correct me if I am wrong, I dont see many guys posting a ton of messages on a Gardening board) but from your other thread that asked about cuddling, my guess is that you are not very good at transcending your role from "good guy pal" to "boyfriend". My guess is that you probably want to get physical with this woman and she firmly put you in the Friend Zone..

Only women who react the way she did would say and behave that way,,we call such women "a tease". If you have no problems being in the friend zone, then just let her actions roll off your back..but from your post, it seems like you have feelings for her, possibly even romantic ones..and you are falling short in your man tasks because you dont even know how to cuddle..

So...i would def think long and hard about your feelings for her..and you should tell her..its better to have loved and lost, than to torture yourself in a platonic relationship with a woman you secretly love but will never see you as more than just a friend..

Old 10-23-2011, 09:55 PM

37,565 posts, read 45,928,580 times
Weird post of the night?

Are you a girl or a guy? I started your story thinking you were both a couple of close girlfriends. So, now I gather you are looking for romance? Perhaps she was wondering if you were ever going to leave. I mean, if she is dating other people (didn't you say that she was?), she surely just considers you to be just a friend. Did you put out some vibe that perhaps made her uncomfortable? I agree with the poster above...something else happened that we aren't being told.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:37 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,904,108 times
My guess is that she is expecting you to make a move, considering the cuddling and the kind of movies. Women put out hints a lot of times. Some you maybe aren't picking up on. You think she's just being friendly and fun, but in reality she's waiting for you to make a move. Just a guess based on what you've given us, which isn't much.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:58 PM

22,652 posts, read 24,563,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitopcat View Post
So last night, my friend called me up and asked if I would help her make lasagna for her party today. I jumped on the idea because this is one person I love being with. Once I arrive, she makes us both a rum and coke, and then we start on the lasagna. We had to get our kids situated, so we didn't have to worry about them while we concentrated on the lasagna.

Anyways, a little about the past first, so you can understand why I was upset after I left. We talk on the phone for hours. I mean we can talk about multiple things; talk about what's going on in each others life, talk about work sense we work for the same store, talk about past history with people we dated. We basically can confess anything to each other without hesitation. Same goes for when we're together. However, together, and I might have gotten too used to this part, while we can talk about anything, we have cuddled quite a bit, too. I would be laying down to watch TV and she would snuggle up against me. It just feels so amazing to be with somebody and to hold them like that.

Another thing I can't resist leaving out is how much we are alike. Our beliefs are about the same; we both don't believe in pills to change how people are to act, to feel or to change their outcome, our work ethic is very much the same; we both work hard at work, even if we don't like it. I just found out the other day she has her daughter call her elder's papa; which what I do with my daughter as well. I know these are little things, but I can't help but realize how much alike we are. There are more things, too, but you get the idea.

Now, back to last night; I never had so much fun making dinner before last night with someone. I mean, we laughed, joked, touched, pinched, made a mess, it was just amazing; a night I'll never forget, and I hope she feels the same way. After we got the lasagna made and we were just waiting for the end results, we sat down to watch a movie. This is where things just did a big turnaround.

We sat down to see what movies we could watch on Netflix, which she really didn't ask what kind of movie but she would pick out movies that would involve either; marriage, two people dating, or people finding love. After finding a movie, we stay in our designated seats for a time. She gets up and moves to the couch half way through the movie. Then she says, "Can you go to the store and get something to cover the lasagna?" I'm thinking, 'OK, this can't be good. It's 1:30 in the morning and she asked me to go to the store.' The store isn't far, she actually lives behind Meijers, but to leave now only means when I get back, she'll be asleep.

Maybe I'm looking too much into what happened last night or what didn't happen, expecting more or just assuming it'll be like our previous nights that we had. I didn't want her to think I was mad at her, but I think, with the way I left, I couldn't help it.

Well, I hate to break it to you ...........but.........there is almost 7 billion people on the planet............you are not that special.

I am not saying this to be mean, it is just a fact. Kinda like cats, it will seems like YOUR cat is so, so fond of you. But the truth is, YOUR cat would probably like an absolute stranger just as much as you.....as long as that stranger did stuff (feed) for them.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:14 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,636,727 times
You said you expected it to be like the previous nights together. What were the previous nights together like?

There is something missing from your story.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:34 PM

461 posts, read 782,175 times
How were your kids situated? Blindfolded and gagged in a closet?

If you like her so much, ask her out. It's really quite simple. Man (or woman?) likes woman and let's it be known. None of this sneaky cuddling business.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:46 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,103,579 times
What a let down! Will you go to the store and get something to cover the lasagna? I thought the punch line was going to be "will you spend the night". You haven't given us enough info to comment in any helpful way. We don't know if you are male or female, black or white, young or old. We do know you have kids, but we don't know what you did with them other than situate them, what ever that is. What else transpired that you are not telling us about?

Old 10-23-2011, 11:49 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,440,891 times
Maybe she wanted to slip into something more comfortable?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships