Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 04:05 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
You seem to be missing the main point...we're talking about men using online dating, not women. There are more men on the sites than women so of course more women are going to have success. I get so tired of women bragging about how great online dating is. No kidding, it's way easier for women online. If you walk into a room with 100 men and there are only 60 other women of course you have a good chance at finding someone decent. I'm an athletic man, clean cut, no tats, piercings, employed, average height, no kids. The only women that want to talk to me online are 200 pounders with 3 kids out of wedlock. Can you explain that? I live near a major metro area (Pittsburgh) so location cannot be the issue.
What about your profile picture?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 10:32 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,622,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
If you are a male, 6 or greater in the looks department and have a full-time job, any full time job, then online dating is for you.

I don't know about that. I was having a conversation about this the other night, at dinner, with a table full of my male friends. all of us had used online dating at some point.

Some of us had more success than others, but one thing we all agreed on -- the majority of women online have this attitude of entitlement that says, "Entertain me," like we're some kind of court jester. It is really only this way when you are meeting people online, i think all that attention fuels the ego.

I've had a few legitimate conversations, but the majority of the time they sit back and wait for me to say something interesting, which takes a lot of the fun out of it.

Last edited by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus; 10-31-2011 at 11:53 AM..

Old 10-31-2011, 11:20 AM

7,829 posts, read 11,787,380 times
Quote:
I just got back from a "first meet-up" and had a blast. We talked for 2 1/2 hours, had a few drinks and in the end it cost me $20.00; that's in the DC area, by the way. She was also flattered as hell that I offered to pay for her even though it was a mere $20 between the both of us
You had a "few" drinks for $20? what type of drinks were these? Water??

Old 10-31-2011, 11:28 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,897,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
You had a "few" drinks for $20? what type of drinks were these? Water??
Yes. We ordered water. $20 was the tip.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:55 AM

7,829 posts, read 11,787,380 times
Quote:
Yes. We ordered water. $20 was the tip.
Sarcasm?

Seriously dude... $20 - tax/tip is something like $15. So if you had a few drinks let's assume 2 each or 4 drinks... 15/4 = $3.75 per drink. Perhaps not water but maybe a coke or coffee.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:08 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,897,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
Sarcasm?

Seriously dude... $20 - tax/tip is something like $15. So if you had a few drinks let's assume 2 each or 4 drinks... 15/4 = $3.75 per drink. Perhaps not water but maybe a coke or coffee.
I probably had 3 beers and she had 2.

Old 11-05-2011, 08:58 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
I don't know about that. I was having a conversation about this the other night, at dinner, with a table full of my male friends. all of us had used online dating at some point.

Some of us had more success than others, but one thing we all agreed on -- the majority of women online have this attitude of entitlement that says, "Entertain me," like we're some kind of court jester. It is really only this way when you are meeting people online, i think all that attention fuels the ego.

I've had a few legitimate conversations, but the majority of the time they sit back and wait for me to say something interesting, which takes a lot of the fun out of it.
Wow I agree with what you guys were saying I've met my share of women from online and quite a few of them had that attitude. It's like they think it's all about them and they don't have to put any effort into it...they see you as just a number and they want to see how what "you" can do for, or offer "them". I consider this subject to be a part of the flake factor when it comes to women online....and as we all know, the flake factor is real.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:04 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post

As of last weekend, add one more happy couple to the online dating success stories. A friend of mine just got engaged to a guy she met on match.com. Yes, he has a job and is decent looking and not overweight. My friend is divorced, no kids, great job, athletic and decent looking. Neither person would ever be a super model, but neither one is overweight or unemployed.

Ya know, for every woman who meets Mr. Right online, there is a man who met the woman of his dreams online.

I don't see how people can say that women have a better success rate. Just who are they "succeeding" with
There are more men on the sites so women have more to cherry pick from and as many of us have correctly stated - this causes a problem in a number of ways. A woman that is a 6 wants to date an 8 and when a 6 tries to contact her she doesn't give him a chance.

There should be a site where the ratio of men to women is controlled.

Old 11-05-2011, 10:20 AM

1,196 posts, read 1,804,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Wow I agree with what you guys were saying I've met my share of women from online and quite a few of them had that attitude. It's like they think it's all about them and they don't have to put any effort into it...they see you as just a number and they want to see how what "you" can do for, or offer "them". I consider this subject to be a part of the flake factor when it comes to women online....and as we all know, the flake factor is real.
Which is interesting because I find maybe 95% of the profiles I read just boring. Same old cliches, same old hobbies and interests, and just same old outlook on life. Not that there is necessarily anything wrong with that, but they seem boring as hell. Even worse is that they come across looking for the world's most interesting, perfect, and successful man. It could just be me and my appreciation for a little bit of quirkiness, which doesn't have to mean that flakiness or craziness.

Old 11-05-2011, 10:24 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
for the beautiful and young ---"harmony.com", works great.
its like my friend gloria on the hood used to say, huck, when you got money, every place is mardi gras.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships