Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2011, 11:59 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDream View Post

As far as having sex with my wife, the fact I never had sex with any other women, means she will be much more special to me. We will have much more passionate and love-filled sexual relations. They say sex is 80% mental anyhow. Most whoremongers and whores these days are never satisfied with sex as they just never feel the same climax they had in the beginning. Sound familiar like a drug addict perhaps? I want the deep and passionate romance with my wife to never end. There is a saying in our teachings, "Good Things Come To Those Who Wait".

Well, cross your fingers and hope for the best. A friend of my sisters thought the same thing when he married his high school sweetheart when he was 20. They were both virgins, went to the private Christian school across the street from the public school I went to and I knew both of them from a very young age.

Turns out, she thinks sex is dirty and will ONLY have sex to procreate. Oops. He's 24 now and has only had sex maybe 10 times with his beloved wife and is miserable. But hey, at least he's married, right?

And the part about feeling the same climax shows just how little you know of sex. I'm no ***** (although, since I've slept with more than one person you may think I am), but every sexual experience I've had has been different. Some have been disappointing, some have been incredible and the more sex I have and the more I masturbate the more I find out about my own body and my own emotions. I'm constantly surprising myself and love sex much more now than I did earlier on in my life.

Sex isn't something to be ashamed of, if you choose to keep it within matrimony then good for you. For me, I don't really want to get married and I'm not going to stay celibate my entire life. I have my choices, you have yours

Old 10-27-2011, 12:12 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
I'm 45. At my age, questions like this are so trite they are stupid.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:29 AM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I have a friend like that... he's slept with at least 50 women in at least 10 countries (that I know of....it could be more), but he refuses to actually date anyone who has had more than 3 or 4 sexual partners. He's actually lost a few really great women because he thought they were too 'promiscuous'.
Thats ridiculus. Everyone knows the 30/15 rule. A woman isn't a really fantastic Lover until she 30 years old and has had at least 15 lovers. It's not the quantity really, you just have to go through 15 guys before you find one that is knows what he's doing

Old 10-27-2011, 12:40 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Haha. First off, after a certain age this is such a lame thing to even worry about. Little boys and girls like their virgin fantasy but after 20 seconds that's blown and over anyway. Second, why would I tell anyone? I personally do not have a high number since I married young and stayed that way for 30 years. I can't see any reason to tell someone about somthing that happened 30+ years ago. A little mystery can go a long way and full discloure isn't always desireable.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:07 AM

405 posts, read 1,280,796 times
Quote:
Turns out, she thinks sex is dirty and will ONLY have sex to procreate. Oops. He's 24 now and has only had sex maybe 10 times with his beloved wife and is miserable. But hey, at least he's married, right?
Sex is for more than procreation, but also for spiritual bonding. I think if his wife will fail to fulfill her duties to the husband, it is grounds for separation. The wife has the duty to obey her husband and not refuse him for intercourse. I do feel sorry for a man in this situation. I, myself, probably could survive it if I felt my wife was loving and honorable, but the fact she will turn the husband away from sex, excluding health problems, I think is not righteous. Considering, in olden times, many children died in childbirth, people would have sex frequently, although abstain for certain times during menstruation, etc. In our modern day with our demand for smaller families, we need to replicate the sexual cycle so that it can simulate to how humans functioned in relationships throughout the ages. This is one reason I support the Catholic approach of Natural Family Planning, despite not being Catholic myself.

Quote:
And the part about feeling the same climax shows just how little you know of sex. I'm no ***** (although, since I've slept with more than one person you may think I am), but every sexual experience I've had has been different. Some have been disappointing, some have been incredible and the more sex I have and the more I masturbate the more I find out about my own body and my own emotions. I'm constantly surprising myself and love sex much more now than I did earlier on in my life.
I know little about sex?? Seriously, don't you think you are aggrandizing the sexual act a bit much? I use to masturbate all the time and it would feel wonderful, but afterwards I would feel empty and wasted. So, I had to keep doing it over and over. I also engaged in psychedelics and marijuana in my pagan days. Yes, each trip was so different and incredible. Yeah, I went to magical places I never thought I could be. The marijuana I smoked was just amazing. However, each consecutive time I used these drugs I felt more lost and confused. It got to the point I was addicted to these drugs, smoking lots of marijuana (best quality money can buy) and I stopped getting the long term euphoric effects. Even though each high was a bit different, it just never had the amazing climax it had the first time. You know, kind of like having sex the first time?

By masturbating what are you finding out about your body? I would like to know? Yeah, you can have an orgasm.. Have you ever tried heroine? It is better than sex. By ejaculating every day, you may help tone the prostate a bit, but you also deplete your body of essential nutrients too. Not to mention, each time you masturbate you desire to do it more and more. THe less you masturbate, the less you desire to do it. Daily masturbation is a product of modern society where we are not married young and disciplined into the spiritual mindset. I understand the needs men have for it in this modern, sex-crazed society, that doesn't mean I feel it is a great learning experience or beneficial. Personally, I find it detrimental to spiritual growth. Especially, when done all the time. I think having lustful sexual relations with women outside marriage is even worse though. Remember, you are sharing the very essence of human life with this woman. You are putting this into her body, even if most of it ends up in the condom. This is no small deal. Human life can be potentially created by this act, that is no small deal in the eyes of God, IMO.

Quote:
Sex isn't something to be ashamed of, if you choose to keep it within matrimony then good for you. For me, I don't really want to get married and I'm not going to stay celibate my entire life. I have my choices, you have yours
I never said sex itself was to be ashamed of, but rather it should be reserved for the person for whom you love and care.

Sex, sex, sex.. People are quite obsessed with their sex cravings.

Personally, I hope I don't crave sex. Sometimes I do, but then God smacks me to my senses.

With all the sex you people have had, have any of you found any happiness? Once the sex is over, do you really feel gratified? Seriously, so many are blinded.

You know what I find better than sex with some girl I met at coffeeshop/bar/dating website and known for like 2 weeks..

Let's see..
The beauty of the mountains. When I climbed to the top of them, I am struck with perpetual awe. I am having a spiritual orgasm that uplifts me. No condoms or birth control pills needed. Just a pair of legs and eyes! Such grandiose beauty strikes me deeply with the benevolence of nature.

The sparkling waters of the ocean in the sunset.. Wow, how glorious and majestic is the sparkling sea with colors contrasting from gold to purple to the black of night! Everywhere I look I am amazed with it's ambiance. My heart is uplifted and filled with bewilderment and joy; I marvel at the ocean's glamour underneath a purple sky! My memories of this beauty is orgasmic! These memories are within deep inside me.. Indeed, I could feel the presence of angels and the Eternal Spirit around me. I wonder how uplifted I would felt screwing some girl I dated a few times instead of this?

The precious blossoms of the Spring flowers. Their dazzling beauty brings the end of the dreary gloom of the Winter. Indeed, the joy of sex ends quickly and never leaves us satisfied. However, the beauty of the flower ends only to return again with even greater splendor.

The laughter and smiles of the children.. Ahh, if only people could learn to love their children, the product of sex. Indeed, all our love and passion was intended to provide life and bonding to the world. It is ashame we destroy the essensc of beauty of what sex really is, to quickly appease the selfish carnal urges of our selfish flesh.

And, the only thing I would enjoy more than all these magnificent wonders is if I could have a loving wife whom with I could enjoy all these things. Sadly, I don't know if I will ever gain that luxury, but I do feel blessed each day to enjoy the beauty of the creation.

It is like I say, as long as I can see and smell the sweet blossom of the rose before me, my orgasm is complete! There is saying in our teachings, "Where your heart is, so your treasure also."

I personally think if people took some time to appreciate the simple beauty of the Earth, they wouldn't be craving such carnal things that lead to nothing.

I would take a beautiful waterfall surrounded by giant old growth trees with an abounding display of sweet Trillium blossoms anyday then some woman, who I do not love and will not marry, whom I can use for sexual experimentation. I can guarantee you my orgasm is greater than yours! I'm sure there is many things I have done that you haven't.

I will take 9 beautiful flowers and 9 beautiful waterfalls and 9 beautiful mountains over 9 beautiful women for sex who I will soon forget, who I will no longer know and who I will no longer share my life with. I won't have to post a thread asking if anyone cares that I have 9 of each of these.

Last edited by MysticalDream; 10-27-2011 at 02:22 AM..

Old 10-27-2011, 03:13 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Sex is for more than procreation, but also for spiritual bonding. I think if his wife will fail to fulfill her duties to the husband, it is grounds for separation. The wife has the duty to obey her husband and not refuse him for intercourse. I do feel sorry for a man in this situation. I, myself, probably could survive it if I felt my wife was loving and honorable, but the fact she will turn the husband away from sex, excluding health problems, I think is not righteous. Considering, in olden times, many children died in childbirth, people would have sex frequently, although abstain for certain times during menstruation, etc. In our modern day with our demand for smaller families, we need to replicate the sexual cycle so that it can simulate to how humans functioned in relationships throughout the ages. This is one reason I support the Catholic approach of Natural Family Planning, despite not being Catholic myself.

I know little about sex?? Seriously, don't you think you are aggrandizing the sexual act a bit much? I use to masturbate all the time and it would feel wonderful, but afterwards I would feel empty and wasted. So, I had to keep doing it over and over. I also engaged in psychedelics and marijuana in my pagan days. Yes, each trip was so different and incredible. Yeah, I went to magical places I never thought I could be. The marijuana I smoked was just amazing. However, each consecutive time I used these drugs I felt more lost and confused. It got to the point I was addicted to these drugs, smoking lots of marijuana (best quality money can buy) and I stopped getting the long term euphoric effects. Even though each high was a bit different, it just never had the amazing climax it had the first time. You know, kind of like having sex the first time?

By masturbating what are you finding out about your body? I would like to know? Yeah, you can have an orgasm.. Have you ever tried heroine? It is better than sex. By ejaculating every day, you may help tone the prostate a bit, but you also deplete your body of essential nutrients too. Not to mention, each time you masturbate you desire to do it more and more. THe less you masturbate, the less you desire to do it. Daily masturbation is a product of modern society where we are not married young and disciplined into the spiritual mindset. I understand the needs men have for it in this modern, sex-crazed society, that doesn't mean I feel it is a great learning experience or beneficial. Personally, I find it detrimental to spiritual growth. Especially, when done all the time. I think having lustful sexual relations with women outside marriage is even worse though. Remember, you are sharing the very essence of human life with this woman. You are putting this into her body, even if most of it ends up in the condom. This is no small deal. Human life can be potentially created by this act, that is no small deal in the eyes of God, IMO.

I never said sex itself was to be ashamed of, but rather it should be reserved for the person for whom you love and care.

Sex, sex, sex.. People are quite obsessed with their sex cravings.

Personally, I hope I don't crave sex. Sometimes I do, but then God smacks me to my senses.

With all the sex you people have had, have any of you found any happiness? Once the sex is over, do you really feel gratified? Seriously, so many are blinded.

You know what I find better than sex with some girl I met at coffeeshop/bar/dating website and known for like 2 weeks..

Let's see..
The beauty of the mountains. When I climbed to the top of them, I am struck with perpetual awe. I am having a spiritual orgasm that uplifts me. No condoms or birth control pills needed. Just a pair of legs and eyes! Such grandiose beauty strikes me deeply with the benevolence of nature.

The sparkling waters of the ocean in the sunset.. Wow, how glorious and majestic is the sparkling sea with colors contrasting from gold to purple to the black of night! Everywhere I look I am amazed with it's ambiance. My heart is uplifted and filled with bewilderment and joy; I marvel at the ocean's glamour underneath a purple sky! My memories of this beauty is orgasmic! These memories are within deep inside me.. Indeed, I could feel the presence of angels and the Eternal Spirit around me. I wonder how uplifted I would felt screwing some girl I dated a few times instead of this?

The precious blossoms of the Spring flowers. Their dazzling beauty brings the end of the dreary gloom of the Winter. Indeed, the joy of sex ends quickly and never leaves us satisfied. However, the beauty of the flower ends only to return again with even greater splendor.

The laughter and smiles of the children.. Ahh, if only people could learn to love their children, the product of sex. Indeed, all our love and passion was intended to provide life and bonding to the world. It is ashame we destroy the essensc of beauty of what sex really is, to quickly appease the selfish carnal urges of our selfish flesh.

And, the only thing I would enjoy more than all these magnificent wonders is if I could have a loving wife whom with I could enjoy all these things. Sadly, I don't know if I will ever gain that luxury, but I do feel blessed each day to enjoy the beauty of the creation.

It is like I say, as long as I can see and smell the sweet blossom of the rose before me, my orgasm is complete! There is saying in our teachings, "Where your heart is, so your treasure also."

I personally think if people took some time to appreciate the simple beauty of the Earth, they wouldn't be craving such carnal things that lead to nothing.

I would take a beautiful waterfall surrounded by giant old growth trees with an abounding display of sweet Trillium blossoms anyday then some woman, who I do not love and will not marry, whom I can use for sexual experimentation. I can guarantee you my orgasm is greater than yours! I'm sure there is many things I have done that you haven't.

I will take 9 beautiful flowers and 9 beautiful waterfalls and 9 beautiful mountains over 9 beautiful women for sex who I will soon forget, who I will no longer know and who I will no longer share my life with. I won't have to post a thread asking if anyone cares that I have 9 of each of these.
Well, considering I'm a woman, my prostate isn't involved in many of my sexual encounters and I don't necessarily 'share my personal essence' with women

Regardless, sex is absolutely different for a man than it is for a woman. Women usually take a long time to find out what it takes to bring on an orgasm while men are a little more...raw about it I suppose. I lost my virginity at 19 and didn't have my first orgasm until I was 23.

As for your drug use...I find it funny that you don't consider non-virgin women worth your time and I don't consider people who have done hard drugs worth my time. I refuse to seriously date someone who has done cocaine, heroine or psychadelics in the past. This is my decision and only my decision.

Spirituality wise, my beliefs and my spirituality include sex and the fact that it's an amazing thing that two people can share regardless of a piece of paper the government issues. I am absolutely not ashamed of any of my sexual encounters as they've all been safe and on my terms. I've never once regretted them. As for 'god', obviously I do not share the same 'god(s)' as you, so our beliefs are going to differ.

You keep talking as if all sex is the result of a one night stand and 'screwing' someone you just met... you do realize that there are people with very healthy sex lives in long term relationships, right? The joy of sex ends? I disagree completely. One day you'll find out what I mean

As for everything else...have you ever piloted your own seaplane with your best friend and lover to see the Aurora Borealis from the sky? Then landed on a pristine lake at sunrise to just float around and relax? I've climbed mountains in Tibet, lounged on topless beaches in the South of France and spent time at my great grandparents place in Austria learning how to ski. This was all before I was 25, btw. So yeah, I've done a few things here and there and having pre marital sex hasn't diminished any of those experiences for me.

Like I said, it works for you and that's great. It doesn't work for me.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:54 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,696,927 times
Quote:
I have a friend like that... he's slept with at least 50 women in at least 10 countries (that I know of....it could be more), but he refuses to actually date anyone who has had more than 3 or 4 sexual partners. He's actually lost a few really great women because he thought they were too 'promiscuous'.
He's going to run out of 'unpromiscuous' women at the rate he's going!

Old 10-27-2011, 07:54 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,047,890 times
Quote:
Sex is for more than procreation, but also for spiritual bonding.
Agreed, although I would substitute emotional for spiritual. That does not mean that you have a limited amount of sex/bonding in your life. I will say that the more sexual experience you have, the better you are at it. Not just the physical part, but the getting to know a person part. An analogy to exercise is apt. Like a muscle which grows stronger with exercise, your capacity to love another person grows as you experience love and relationships throughout your life.

Quote:
Considering, in olden times, many children died in childbirth, people would have sex frequently, although abstain for certain times during menstruation, etc. In our modern day with our demand for smaller families, we need to replicate the sexual cycle so that it can simulate to how humans functioned in relationships throughout the ages. This is one reason I support the Catholic approach of Natural Family Planning, despite not being Catholic myself.
Or, we can use birth control, which is much more reliable. You state that there is some "need" to replicate this sexual cycle, although you do not offer any proof or reasoning for this. As a result, this is simply your baseless assertion, signifying nothing.

Quote:
I know little about sex?? Seriously, don't you think you are aggrandizing the sexual act a bit much? I use to masturbate all the time and it would feel wonderful, but afterwards I would feel empty and wasted. So, I had to keep doing it over and over. <drug stuff deleted> Even though each high was a bit different, it just never had the amazing climax it had the first time. You know, kind of like having sex the first time?
Nobody's first time is great with an amazing climax. Maybe your first time with a particular person is, but your first time overall? Not great. Barely functional.

You keep implying that we have a limited capacity for sexual experience, and that by having sex we draw from our reservoir. It does not work that way. Like pretty much everything else, we are limited only by our time and inclination.

Quote:
By masturbating what are you finding out about your body? I would like to know? Yeah, you can have an orgasm.. Have you ever tried heroine? It is better than sex. By ejaculating every day, you may help tone the prostate a bit, but you also deplete your body of essential nutrients too.
Try looking at some medical advice more recent than the 1930s. The thought that sex robs your body of nutrients is laughable.

And yes, masturbation does teach you about your body. I will grant that you learn more the first few times you masturbate when compared to the 1000th time, but so what?

Quote:
Not to mention, each time you masturbate you desire to do it more and more. THe less you masturbate, the less you desire to do it.
Maybe for some, but I doubt this overall. But even so, who cares? Masturbation does not harm anybody at all, in any way.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:57 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
Sex is for more than procreation, but also for spiritual bonding. I think if his wife will fail to fulfill her duties to the husband, it is grounds for separation. The wife has the duty to obey her husband and not refuse him for intercourse. I do feel sorry for a man in this situation. I, myself, probably could survive it if I felt my wife was loving and honorable, but the fact she will turn the husband away from sex, excluding health problems, I think is not righteous.
Who made you the expert on what sex should or shouldn't be?

This is merely your opinion and not one shared by many people here that's for sure.

As I have suggested before, if you don't like where you are, if you can't find a woman who will fit neatly into your misogynistic box, go to another country. I'm pretty certain you'll find a nice muslim woman who doesn't mind being subjugated because that is 'gods will'.

Instead you are on an American server, on an essentially American forum, with on the whole American or Westernised folk, spouting your prehistoric rhetoric about how we're all wrong and you are the only righteous, upstanding, moral gentleman.

Well guess what buddy boy, you're in the wrong place.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:33 AM

7,829 posts, read 11,788,932 times
I do care as I do not believe in casual sex, only sex within the context of a relationship and if you've had 25 relationships then...well... that is a huge red flag as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships