U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-27-2011, 12:23 PM

406 posts, read 507,740 times
Moderator cut: Orphaned comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDan
Not personal Bubba. I'm just saying that I have had chances to observe her debate skills. I'm a pretty educated man myself and I dont think i would want to debate her. But you have at friend. Should be interesting! PS-----I've never flown a plane in my life.
AH ok, sorry I saw the Capt by your name and the Jet by hers.. I thought 2 and 2 go together. Well, I am not here to debate, I am just here to share my views and opinions. However, if a person wants to debate them with me, that is fine. Considering, I have simultaneously debated like 200 people here who disagree with me it is not like I have not endured quite a bit of opposition. Even though I hate debating, my views are so controversial that I find myself becoming a champion debater by force.

Personally, I am a bit bored, but time to time, I just like to engage in these chats. If I could help one person see the light, I feel I did something good. THat is not to say I don't benefit and learn from others here as well, but a topic like this I find disturbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDan
You may want to take your meds. Figuratively speaking of course!
Indeed I have.. I take over 30 different herbal mixtures, which probably comprise over 500 different herbs. And, Ruach Elohim medicates me with the power of God.. With such a medication, all your mass-produced and toxic pharmaceuticals are nothing more then dirt. With the Power and Glory of Ruach Elohim, you can achieve amazing things.. THat was what I was trying to emphasize. But simple-minded people have a hard time grasping the deeper connotations of such allegorical discourse.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 10-27-2011 at 06:14 PM.. Reason: Orphaned comment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 12:29 PM

43,365 posts, read 51,990,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDream View Post

If I could help one person see the light, I feel I did something good.

Just a word to the wise...you attract more flies with honey than you do with vinegar

Old 10-27-2011, 12:32 PM

406 posts, read 507,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Just a word to the wise...you attract more flies with honey than you do with vinegar
And yet, honey rots the teeth. Not all that glitters is gold!

Old 10-27-2011, 12:35 PM

2,114 posts, read 1,125,470 times
Quote:
Not if you brush and use Listerine!

Old 10-27-2011, 12:57 PM

674 posts, read 640,118 times
Define irony.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:03 PM

43,365 posts, read 51,990,195 times
Quote:
And pride goeth before a fall, just FYI.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:28 PM

19,134 posts, read 13,447,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Sir--with all due respect--You may want to choose someone else to debate. She'll kick your a** AND take your lunch $$$!
Thank you sweetie

I'm about done with this debate. It's turned into nothing but one upsmanship and someone feeling the need to be superior over everyone because of his personal decisions. I'm perfectly happy with my life decisions, even the seemingly bad ones because they've shaped me into the person I am today.

An I'm a pretty awesome person

Old 10-27-2011, 01:51 PM

10,584 posts, read 4,254,166 times
A mature man of some wisdom is not going to condemn a woman for having many many affairs - as long as she has matured herself and broken herself of the bad habit and judgement.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:01 PM

2,491 posts, read 1,857,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post

My comments in red, because I am too lazy to cut and paste the quote tags.

3. Casual sex IS very dangerous today and here are the facts again, as follows ; I doubt youve never contracted an STD in your life of sexual hedonism...but if you havent, youre one lucky Playa' ! ; a freind of mine got permanent Genital Herpes from the first man she ever slept with . Note the independent Source at the bottom of this list, and that my personal name isnt listed -----

One out of 4 women and one out of 5 men have no knowledge about their sexual partners' history. So what? As long as both parties are content with this, it makes no difference. Knowledge of history, or lack thereof, does not equate to carrying an STD
Two-thirds of 1,000 women age 18 to 60 knew nothing or very little about STDs (other than HIV/AIDS) in 1995.

You are citing a 16 year old study? Get some more recent data. Any competent social scientist would say that things change dramatically in that amount of time.

The highest at-risk groups are adolescents and gays. African American and Hispanic women are also in the high-risk group.
The rate of unwanted pregnancies and incidence of disease is alarming...

Random facts and figures.
* One out of 4 women and one out of 5 men have no knowledge about their sexual partners' history.
* Two-thirds of 1,000 women age 18 to 60 knew nothing or very little about STDs (other than HIV/AIDS) in 1995.
* The highest at-risk groups are adolescents and gays. African American and Hispanic women are also in the high-risk group.
* The rate of unwanted pregnancies and incidence of disease is alarming.
* There are over 15,000,000 new cases of STDs a year. The vast majority of which are not a big deal, and can be dealt with using antibiotics.
* Over 70,000 Americans have a viral STD--like genital herpes, HIV/AIDS, or Hepatitis B. Bad, but when you consider there are over 300 million Americans, that comes out to about one in every 5000 people.
* Individuals under 25 have two-thirds of the STD cases in the U.S. Again, most are minor
* 1 out of 4 teens will contract an STD. And again, most are minor. But teaching about condom use and other sexually related topics helps.
* 1,000,000 teenage pregnancies each year. With higher proportions of these being in jurisdictions that have cut money for sex ed, or even worse, teach abstinence only versions of sex ed.
Rates of curable STD cases in the U.S. are the highest in the developed world. Yes, even though the US is the most sexually uptight nation in the developed world. Maybe there is a relationship there? How about more education to reduce this?

* There are 150 STD cases per 100,000 in the U.S. versus 3 cases per 100,000 in Sweden. And the Swedes do not promote any type of abstinence only behavior.
* Over 70,000 Americans have viral STD--like genital herpes, HIV/AIDS, or hepatitis B. Duplicate of above
* Viral STDs such as HPV, herpes, and hepatitis B are lifelong diseases. Yes, and only 1 in 5000 people get them. And herpes is not a life threatening disease, but only an annoying one.
* Many people experience no noticeable symptoms initially, but can still pass on the disease. Yes. And your point?
* Women are up to 5 times more likely to become infected and suffer more serious consequences. Than what? Men? You need to cite a baseline for this to mean anything.
Over 20,000 new cases of HIV/AIDS are diagnosed each year in the U.S. This is tragic. Education has been shown to help. But even this figure is only one in about 15,000 adults.

* 62% of those cases reported before 1996 have died (319,000 Americans). Ok. But we now have anti-retroviral drugs, so this has changed dramatically. This is the problem with your citation of such dated material.
* Women now represent 30% of new HIV/AIDS cases reported. They have to be some percentage.
* 75% of the cases are from heterosexual sex. Ok. It has jumped populations. Take precautions.
* 3 out of 5 Americans with HIV were infected as teens. Again, lets educate teens to get these numbers down.
* HIV infection rates are 10 times higher when STDs are not treated properly. Great. Treat them. More money for planned parenthood sounds like a great start.

Sexual habits reinforce the need to use condoms.
* Age of sexual maturity is decreasing; age of marriage is increasing. This is true. All the more reason to acknowledge the fact that people will have a variety of sexual partners over their lifetimes. Lets educate people and have accessible health care.
* More sex, more partners, more risk. The reality is that people will have sex. Stop moaning about it and give people the resources to deal with it. Your continual reiteration of 'keep it in your pants until marriage' is simply not helpful.
* 46% of teens (14-18) have had intercourse.
Sounds about right. This means that most teens who are 17/18 will have had intercourse, most younger teens will not. I do not have a problem with that.
* 50% divorce rate means reentering the dating scene to deal with new health challenges.
Yes. But hopefully as adults we know how to deal with these challenges. Use condoms. See a doctor once in a while. Have sex with people you like.

Sources: American Social Health Association, CDC, Kaiser Foundation.
There you go.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:05 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,361,938 times
yes, i care.

unfortunately, they usually don't, so i don't ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships