U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-27-2011, 03:34 PM

13,565 posts, read 23,049,866 times

Advertisements

OK folks.. this is NOT the place to discuss religion. Do not hijack threads it is against the ToS and if you continue you will receive an infraction

Post link not copyrighted material
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 12:05 AM

898 posts, read 726,917 times
I gave it some thought, there is one way a man can counter his insecurities about a woman's sex partner count:

And that's to match or exceed the number of partners she's had. It might take some time, but I think an even playing field is better than a one-sided one! Guys just gotta step up the game, and safety so you don't get any...

...accidents.

Old 10-28-2011, 12:10 AM

42,843 posts, read 54,814,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
My brother told me he won't date a girl who has slept with more than 5 people. I have playfully argued the subject with him on how unfair that is. Especially considering he himself has slept with more than 5 different people. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I have a friend like that... he's slept with at least 50 women in at least 10 countries (that I know of....it could be more), but he refuses to actually date anyone who has had more than 3 or 4 sexual partners. He's actually lost a few really great women because he thought they were too 'promiscuous'.
Those morons deserve to be told they're the 2nd one!

Old 10-28-2011, 08:16 AM

406 posts, read 355,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackpot View Post
I gave it some thought, there is one way a man can counter his insecurities about a woman's sex partner count:

And that's to match or exceed the number of partners she's had. It might take some time, but I think an even playing field is better than a one-sided one! Guys just gotta step up the game, and safety so you don't get any...

...accidents.
should that go for women keeping up in the playing field with their man as well?

Old 10-28-2011, 08:23 AM

6,751 posts, read 7,479,573 times
I've actually only slept with 4 guys, but the number of men and boys I've had sex with since I was 12 is just a "tad" higher. My ex knew the number was high but didn't know the actual count. It bothered him more than he knew and he let me know just how much it bothered him during each and every argument we had in the 28 lousy years we were together.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:50 AM

7,671 posts, read 4,709,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
I've actually only slept with 4 guys, but the number of men and boys I've had sex with since I was 12 is just a "tad" higher. My ex knew the number was high but didn't know the actual count. It bothered him more than he knew and he let me know just how much it bothered him during each and every argument we had in the 28 lousy years we were together.

You started having sex when you were twelve! Wow, sorry to hear that.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:50 AM

118 posts, read 102,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackpot View Post

...accidents.
Listen up...

Easy way to avoid accidents....

Actually talk to a woman before you have sex with her. They are usually pretty open if they are on any form of birth control. Also, ALWAYS have not one but TWO condoms on you (and some in your car). Two? Well, not ON you but available, it is slightly irritating when circumstances excite again, and a man goes "oooppps!" If you can and want to impress her with a third round... Have THREE. Simple. This is where many men drop the ball.

Supply your own condoms! Women have no clue what kind of condoms any particular man likes! I have had men not like my small supply, and still want to try to have sex. Again, simple... covered for both accidents: most STIs and pregnancy.

Dating, and I mean dating, a woman who is not on BC and you want to go without a condom (birth control is cheaper than a regular supply of condoms)? Simply ask her to be.

You have issues with condoms physically (very common)? Masturbate with a condom on to try to get used to them.

In my opinion... most men fight the idea of using condoms... I have never once had a STI or even suspected that could be pregnant at any point. Avoiding "accidents" are easy, but it takes TWO. This goes back to the scare tactics used with STI data (like posted on this forum)... Education and willingness to work with what you know is the best way!

Old 10-28-2011, 08:54 AM

406 posts, read 355,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
12??

I still thought boys had cooties when I was twelve.
I'm not judging you; we're all different, we all come from different places and we have all lived different lives .... but do you regret that now?
do you wish you had waited?

Old 10-28-2011, 08:56 AM

118 posts, read 102,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
You started having sex when you were twelve! Wow, sorry to hear that.

That is not uncommon (girls and boys). Many kids are walking around having no clue. I do not know NY's particular story, but it is about the home.

One thing about my home, in particular... Both parents were extremely open in speaking with me and answering any questions that I had (mostly Mom, it's a girl thing).... Arming me with knowledge (not scare tactics). I think that work more to prevent young teens (12-15) from having sex more than anything else!

Old 10-28-2011, 08:57 AM

10,578 posts, read 5,074,118 times
I really wish that younger people would commit early - and marry as virgins...why not? There is no such thing as waiting for the right person - or having to have "experience" - in my youth as an entertainer - and generally debauched hedonist - I slept with probably 150 woman....Did it do me any good in the long run? I would say NO! I was happy with my first love...but I came from a culture where all people were available sexually...Just because of availablity it does not mean that one should always take advantage of what is there - If there is crack cocaine sold on every corner - does it mean you have to take part?

People in my estimation should marry as early as possible with the support of family and extended family - and be young vibrant parents and have a wonderful NORMAL life - My life was a mistake in that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships