Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 10:59 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
We don't even have to go to this extreme. I'm a black guy who grew up in a mixed race neighborhood and the blacks in that neighborhood were more middle class than "ghetto." I don't have a lot in common with the ghetto culture either.
Exactly, a lot of people around the world including Australia have a very stereotypical view of African Americans. While I did meet blacks who sounded and acted like those in hip hop videos or gangster movies, I met just as many who were not like that at all.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:03 AM

30,995 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I don't believe the stats support your assertion that divorce rates are higher among interracial couples.
From 2009 US Census Bureau report as mod pointed out earlier
Black/White unions. at the 10 year mark Black wife/White husband marriages are 44% less likely to end in divorce than White wife/White husband couples.

I could really care less about who marrys someone else but an interesting statistic.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:12 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,083,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Not sure EXACTLY what you mean by that last statement, but I'm not sure if I'd want to be a short Scientologist who enjoys jumping on couches . But if by that you mean you want to be white, I respect your honestly. I used to wish I was white too (and at times, rather pathetically, the feeling still returns).

As for it being about 'compatibility' I would have to disagree. Do you live in America? There are plenty of Asian Americans who are culturally no different to anyone else. I don't mean to sound presumptuous but your sister is probably basing it on looks. Or maybe she only knows Asians who aren't really culturally very Western.
I don't want to be white. I do however wish I was a really good looking Asian guy. I know some really good lookin Asian dudes who pull some REALLY hot white and Latina tail. If I was that guy, then I could care less about the average white women who reject me because they don't like Asian guys.

Maybe. I really don't care. That's her problem. I gots my own problems. And I'm not gonna let some stupid thing like race get in the way if I like someone.

Date tonight with another infidel, heathen non-Asian.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:15 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
And it should not be this way, that is why a lot of black women are single.

When I say "available" I meant if they were all dating white women there should still be some who are open to dating someone in their own damn race.

It's good that there are a lot of interracial couples that are happy, but I know that I would not be happy in one.
The reason why a lot of black women are single is that there are around 1.8 million black women then black men. When you have a lot of black women who will date ONLY black men, that number obviously works against them.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:39 AM

30,995 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
The reason why a lot of black women are single is that there are around 1.8 million black women then black men. When you have a lot of black women who will date ONLY black men, that number obviously works against them.
Can't argue with that. It's not hard to find someone that is into you. The problem is finding someone that is into you that you are attracted to. If you find every group outside of your own as unattractive and there is a reduced # of males within your own select group the odds are you are going to be unhappy.

Old 10-28-2011, 12:09 PM

410 posts, read 742,750 times
Quote:
And it should not be this way, that is why a lot of black women are single.

When I say "available" I meant if they were all dating white women there should still be some who are open to dating someone in their own damn race.

It's good that there are a lot of interracial couples that are happy, but I know that I would not be happy in one.
People cannot help who they are attracted to. And I seriously doubt that there are so many black men dating only white women that a black woman cannot find a date within her own race.

Old 10-28-2011, 02:52 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,007,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jifwittle View Post
People cannot help who they are attracted to. And I seriously doubt that there are so many black men dating only white women that a black woman cannot find a date within her own race.
Even if it were a numbers game, there are simply more women in general than there are men by atleast 4 million in the US. Just based on monogomous relationships being the ideal--some women would simply have to go without a partner if everyone were paired up. Race would just be another variable.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:10 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,739,222 times
Quote:
We don't even have to go to this extreme. I'm a black guy who grew up in a mixed race neighborhood and the blacks in that neighborhood were more middle class than "ghetto." I don't have a lot in common with the ghetto culture either.
I have noticed that black guys who grew up in stuck up white suburbs tend to hate black woman the most. I think most are ashamed of their race and would much rather hang out with whites and have white girlfriends.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:21 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,397,245 times
Quote:
I have noticed that black guys who grew up in stuck up white suburbs tend to hate black woman the most. I think most are ashamed of their race and would much rather hang out with whites and have white girlfriends.
No. I don't think that's the case. I would think it's because they don't relate to their culture, and yes, culture is everywhere, not just between White and Black and Asian or whatever.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:26 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,739,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianRice View Post
No. I don't think that's the case. I would think it's because they don't relate to their culture, and yes, culture is everywhere, not just between White and Black and Asian or whatever.
I have seen it with my own two eyes. There was an Oreo in my graduating class who moved here from PA or somewhere up there. The other kids literally ripped him apart, he even talked white
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships