Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 09:45 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,175,459 times

Advertisements

I like to consider myself a fixture on the Relationships forum and I like to think I've added a lot of good threads but what I want to say today is, don't give up or get frustrated with your dating/relationship situations.

Here's what I mean........I know many of you may feel awkward approaching women or men or you may be on a dating website and the quality of the people have been disappointing to put it lightly but realize this, the world has a lot of people and a dating site does not even scrape the surface of what is actually available in terms of dating candidates.

I know dating and pursuing a relationship can be a daunting task, as much as I like to date and it's easy for me, It even takes it's toll on Ronnie Boy.

Keep at it and keep "knocking" on doors. Someone will respond and they'll be the person for you.

Don't worry about if you don't have a car, the perfect job, lots of extra cash,etc.....all those things can be acquired.

Even if you're a loner, nerdy, fat,skinny etc.....those are the things that make you special and someone is in fact looking for someone just like you.

So hang in there and keep fighting the good fight.

Ronnie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 09:51 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,120,419 times
It's only Friday. I thought the preaching was done on Sunday mornings.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It's only Friday. I thought the preaching was done on Sunday mornings.
I'm a Muslim

j/k

Old 10-28-2011, 10:06 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,995,723 times
I disagree. I think, after reading many posts here (responses in the one about just being asked out by a girl is an interesting one ) there are people who should give up....throw in the towel....become a hermit...a recluse.... join a monastery.... Thanks to the above mentioned responses, the "I'm-On-CD-Wondering-Why-I-Can't-Get-A-Date" syndrome has been officially demystified. So, yes, don't be discouraged some of you; feel free to give up. It might make things a little dull around here, but we'll get by. Somehow.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyte byrd View Post
i disagree. I think, after reading many posts here (responses in the one about just being asked out by a girl is an interesting one ) there are people who should give up....throw in the towel....become a hermit...a recluse.... Join a monastery.... Thanks to the above mentioned responses, the "i'm-on-cd-wondering-why-i-can't-get-a-date" syndrome has been officially demystified. So, yes, don't be discouraged some of you; feel free to give up. It might make things a little dull around here, but we'll get by. Somehow.
lol.........

Old 10-28-2011, 10:31 AM

244 posts, read 332,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I like to consider myself a fixture on the Relationships forum and I like to think I've added a lot of good threads but what I want to say today is, don't give up or get frustrated with your dating/relationship situations.

Here's what I mean........I know many of you may feel awkward approaching women or men or you may be on a dating website and the quality of the people have been disappointing to put it lightly but realize this, the world has a lot of people and a dating site does not even scrape the surface of what is actually available in terms of dating candidates.

I know dating and pursuing a relationship can be a daunting task, as much as I like to date and it's easy for me, It even takes it's toll on Ronnie Boy.

Keep at it and keep "knocking" on doors. Someone will respond and they'll be the person for you.

Don't worry about if you don't have a car, the perfect job, lots of extra cash,etc.....all those things can be acquired.

Even if you're a loner, nerdy, fat,skinny etc.....those are the things that make you special and someone is in fact looking for someone just like you.

So hang in there and keep fighting the good fight.

Ronnie
Agreed.

Sometimes, it's not even through a dating site or friends' introductions. Things you are interested in tend to bring people together.

Enjoy your life.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:35 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,683,701 times
Oh Ronnie, Ronnie -- easy for you to say.

Last week's date told me I looked prettier in my picture (which was a FIRST as I am not that photogenic). And after what I thought was a nice dinner, I never heard from him again.

This week's date told me I was too old -- he was expecting someone younger. This coming from a grey headed, grey beard, working on a beer belly almost 50 year old, who had posted a nice picture of himself -- when he was 41 !!!

BTW, both men got the same picture.

At first it kinda hurt my feelings a little -- now I just laugh.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:38 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,196,027 times
I agree. There's certainly a lack of patience with a lot of people. Rushing won't help you find true love faster. If that was the case, it would be much easier to to get it.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:41 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,706,199 times
I think there is also something to be said for taking a break from dating/relationships in some situations. Like if you are just so concentrated on other things (like me with working and education) or you just got out of a long relationship or a rotten one, waiting to regroup and get to a level where you can handle a SO well is a good idea.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:42 AM

244 posts, read 332,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
Oh Ronnie, Ronnie -- easy for you to say.

Last week's date told me I looked prettier in my picture (which was a FIRST as I am not that photogenic). And after what I thought was a nice dinner, I never heard from him again.

This week's date told me I was too old -- he was expecting someone younger. This coming from a grey headed, grey beard, working on a beer belly almost 50 year old, who had posted a nice picture of himself -- when he was 41 !!!

BTW, both men got the same picture.

At first it kinda hurt my feelings a little -- now I just laugh.
LOL They were just not meant to be. The 2nd guy sounds like a total jerk anyways.

I know it wasn't funny when these things happened to you, but thanks for sharing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships