Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 02:45 PM

709 posts, read 955,026 times

Advertisements

Sometimes an abuser is just an abuser. Personally, I would get out. Of course, if it were me, I would not have tolerated the abuse when it started.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2011, 05:35 PM

1,250 posts, read 2,157,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird2007 View Post
come to think of it.....maybe she has post partum depression that is common in all new mothers?

She often complains that I don't look over our son enough but its been hard on me since I go to work at 7 and don't come home till 6. I get tired. I try to play with him at least 2 hours a day during the week but I admit I probably don't give it my full 100%.
Why are you generalizing her behaviors to try to describe "all new mothers"? In another post you say, "all women like to shop". You have no clue what "all women" or "all new mothers" are like, you only have experience with ONE.

She is lonely. Clearly you do not understand her, or what it takes to parent a baby. Both of you need parenting classes and couples counseling. She needs to join a playgroup and get together with other mommies.

I am not excusing her, she is lashing out at you, clearly. My mother was like this, she took out her frustration on us. Be careful that your wife doesn't start doing that with your child/children, because the scars of that abuse never go away.

Another question: was she like this the first 3.5 years of the marriage?

Old 10-29-2011, 10:19 PM

53 posts, read 51,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
It'd be very difficult. The abuser would have to admit to their shortcomings, but the hallmark of most verbal abusers is their ability to blame everybody else around them for everything and never take responsibility for anything they ever do.
This is soooo true, the person i have been with for 23yrs always blames me for everything, has never once apoligized for anything, oh i take that back, two years ago i came home from work only to find he had packed up everything, including some of my stuff and left and took all of the money out of the bank and left me nothing, i begged him to come back and i kept saying im sorry i think he may have said im sorry too, but im not sure. He screams at me so loud all of the neighbors can hear, im embarrassed to show my face around them, this has happened in every place we have lived in, every arguement we have he blames me for, he has called me some really awful names, and said some really awful things to me. emotional/verbal abuse is one of the worst things you can do somebody. when somebody treats you this way for so long, you start to believe you are worthless, and that you dont deserve to be treated any better.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:07 PM

1,459 posts, read 3,298,103 times
update:

so there was this list of "10 signs that you have an abusive wife" and I ratted them off to the wifey in a playful manner. I think she kinda realized that she was going overboard a bit. As of late, she has been friendly and loving...almost to the point where its freaking me out lol. Like the calm before the storm.

I can tell she is trying harder not to be....even though she slips now and then.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:10 PM

1,459 posts, read 3,298,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinmigration View Post
Why are you generalizing her behaviors to try to describe "all new mothers"? In another post you say, "all women like to shop". You have no clue what "all women" or "all new mothers" are like, you only have experience with ONE.

She is lonely. Clearly you do not understand her, or what it takes to parent a baby. Both of you need parenting classes and couples counseling. She needs to join a playgroup and get together with other mommies.

I am not excusing her, she is lashing out at you, clearly. My mother was like this, she took out her frustration on us. Be careful that your wife doesn't start doing that with your child/children, because the scars of that abuse never go away.

Another question: was she like this the first 3.5 years of the marriage?

its amazing....if a woman were to say it was post partum depression she would get a dozen "reps". A guy says it? Whoa...watch out.

Postpartum Depression Is More Common Than You Think

yeah, a guy like me did research so that when and if my wife ever went into a funk I could watch out for the signs and be there for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships