Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 12:23 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,399,446 times

Advertisements

Your question confuses me, but speaking from a 22 year old perspective, emotional change is not just about controlling my emotions but growth in areas of the Eight Stages of Development (basic trust vs. mistrust, autonomy vs shame, etc). The most important lesson (for me) is learning to love myself because it allows me to grow healthy in these eight stages of development. I learn to look at people and life differently than when I was 18 even though it has only been 4 years. I think you can't limit to just experience because research says that we don't cognitively mature until 25 or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2011, 06:42 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,982,634 times
Though it was quite a while ago for me, by the age of 28 or 30, I was much more sure of myself, happier, felt like a real grown up, enjoyed sex 100% more, was more adventurous, pickier about who I would go out with, and far more worldly (I had lived in Africa for 2 years and had traveled all over the world during my mid 20s.) The difference in my maturity level between those ages was like night and day.

Old 10-29-2011, 07:13 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Comes with age and simply "Life". I think hardships in life either make you stronger or make you bitter. Knowing what is important to get upset about and what is not. To learn how to deal with others because you met these people before. Life how ever is a never ending roller coaster in which we can't get off unless we go to far. I have an "invisible mood ring that is glued to my finger. If I'm feeling great I can handle anything otherwise out comes on situations can and will fluctuate.

Old 10-29-2011, 08:42 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,761,278 times
Many thx to all who were kind enough to offer their comments/thoughts/feedback; I deeply appreciate everyone's input!

Old 10-31-2011, 11:19 AM

6,558 posts, read 12,051,033 times
One huge change I notice with women is at 20, they are likely not looking for anything serious and just want to have fun; while at 28, they are looking to settle down.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:25 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,383,442 times
Man, for me, huge differences between 20 and 28.

At 20, I was still in college, working retail and my biggest ambitions, besides finishing school was pleasing my boyfriend, drinking, partying, staying up late getting into trouble, being/looking sexy, have the latest clothes, knowing the lastest slang and trends, knowing all the latest misuc videos and artists. My whole world revolved around having fun and looking good.

By 28 I was still interested in drinking and partying but it was getting old. I really wanted to mee "the one" so I could settle down, get married, have babies. Looking good was still an interest but more interest was on furthering my career, saving for the future, becoming more financial secure and learning more about the world, politics, arts and cultures.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:29 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Aside from the maturity considerations alone, how exactly do women change emotionally, from between the ages of say 20-30?

This is one question that has intrigued me for quite some time now, if only b/c most women simply usually aren't the same as they were on an emotional level, between the two age brackets. And not just emotionally, but personality-wise as well. Something pretty fundamental seems to change, within that time frame...

What I don't quite understand though, is what is it specifically, that changes? And why? Again, aside from the obvious increases in maturity, as they get older?

Not trying to ask a dumb question here or anything...honestly just curious is all...

My friend, the difference between 20 and 28 in an emotionally healthy young lady is like the difference between the best high school football team and the best NFL team - it's HUGE.

Old 10-31-2011, 02:23 PM

244 posts, read 333,215 times
Women change just as men change.

If you go through changes yourself, you would probably know what it is and wouldn't wonder that much.

If you haven't gotten to that stage yourself, then only time would tell.

There's only so much all of us could tell you, but it would all really make sense when you go through changes yourself.

Old 10-31-2011, 02:29 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
It depends on the individual.

There are plenty of over 35's who still behave like 20 year olds as well.

Take it on an individual basis. No blanket rule for this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships