U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-29-2011, 02:02 AM

4,836 posts, read 3,076,917 times
Default Aside from maturity considerations alone, how exactly do women change emotionally, from between the ages of say 20-28?

Aside from the maturity considerations alone, how exactly do women change emotionally, from between the ages of say 20-30?

This is one question that has intrigued me for quite some time now, if only b/c most women simply usually aren't the same as they were on an emotional level, between the two age brackets. And not just emotionally, but personality-wise as well. Something pretty fundamental seems to change, within that time frame...

What I don't quite understand though, is what is it specifically, that changes? And why? Again, aside from the obvious increases in maturity, as they get older?

Not trying to ask a dumb question here or anything...honestly just curious is all...

Last edited by Knight2009; 10-29-2011 at 02:05 AM.. Reason: Corrected typo
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2011, 02:10 AM

3,622 posts, read 2,865,281 times
It really depends upon what you experience during that time. (Having kids, a career, marriage)

However...in general for me the change was night and day.

Less self centered.
More emotionally balanced.
Realistic expectations.
Less judgmental.
Less demanding.

Why? Well you just get a chance to experience life as an adult. At 20 I had pretty high expectations and hopes. You want a perfect life. At 28
you learn what is realistic to expect. You learn by then people are not perfect. You have you dreams dashed and heart broken a few times.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:18 AM

4,836 posts, read 3,076,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
It really depends upon what you experience during that time. (Having kids, a career, marriage)

Less self centered.
Realistic expectations.
Less judgmental.
Less demanding.

Why? Well you just get a chance to experience life as an adult. At 20 I had pretty high expectations and hopes. You want a perfect life. At 28
you learn what is realistic to expect. You learn by then people are not perfect. You have you dreams dashed and heart broken a few times.
Many thanks for your helpful feedback and comments lyra33!

Old 10-29-2011, 03:27 AM

54 posts, read 28,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post

Less self centered.
Realistic expectations.
Less judgmental.
Less demanding.

Though I have not hit 28 yet, I learned these lessons at a young age.

I think as I get older im becoming less and less emotional; it seems as if most women tend to get more emotional between 20-28, and more likely to settle for less after 28.

Old 10-29-2011, 05:19 AM

21,767 posts, read 25,431,154 times
Even if you're given some pointers and opinions, how will knowing any of them benefit you? I am curious about your curiosity. How would you answer the question if the genders were reversed (presuming that you're old enough to have an opinion)?

Old 10-29-2011, 05:27 AM

993 posts, read 831,519 times
Women after 28 - Less picky
Guys after 28 - More picky

Old 10-29-2011, 05:39 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,603,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityO View Post
Though I have not hit 28 yet, I learned these lessons at a young age.

I think as I get older im becoming less and less emotional; it seems as if most women tend to get more emotional between 20-28, and more likely to settle for less after 28.
OP, for me it happened at a slightly older age. I accepted that people looked out for their interests just like I did. This made me less self-centered, less judgmental, and less emotional. It also meant I had to trust my instincts, learn from my mistakes and allow others to do the same.

I quoted the above post because I do wonder if it is possible to learn this at a much younger age. I believe the answer is "yes" if given the opportunity to.

Old 10-29-2011, 05:44 AM

1,011 posts, read 558,179 times
It is not about age it is about experiences.

Old 10-29-2011, 07:03 AM

4,877 posts, read 2,360,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiippaKiwi View Post
It is not about age it is about experiences.
I agree with this. But I also think it's a bit of a combination. I find, and many of my friends have found, that you become more comfortable in your own skin, more focused on yourself and who you're becoming, regardless of what other people think. In your earlier years, you may make choices based on approval from peers, whereas in your 30s, you realize that doesn't matter anymore.

Less shallow, more centered and comfortable with myself, less concerned with what other people think of me, focused more on the big picture of life rather than just what's happening today or on the weekend. More of a devoted friend, less tolerant of other people's b.s.

Old 10-29-2011, 07:34 AM

17,397 posts, read 14,629,458 times
The main thing I can think of is stuff related to becoming increasingly entrenched in a career track, and the learning/experiences that come with that.

I would say, also the possibility of becoming more comfortable in one's own skin and less dependent upon the approval of others, but that's something that varies wildly person to person, regardless of gender. Some people never get to that point, let alone in their twenties. But many do.

Some people will doubtless say that women become more focused on biological clock stuff/beginning a family during this window, but speaking for myself, I wasn't anymore feeling like it was "kid time" at 28 than I was at 20. It wasn't a focus at either end of that age range, for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships