Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2011, 10:38 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,696,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
In that case, we might as well discredit all other statistical findings frequently used by posters to defend their claim.
When the sample size is so tiny, then sure that's a good idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 10:50 AM

6,734 posts, read 4,415,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Pretty sure that's less than 3.5 billion. Men outnumber women right?
How many billion women out there, and I cant find a single one to put down the cell phone long enough to pay attention to me so I can show you not all men out there are jerks.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:36 AM

31,016 posts, read 22,056,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
How many billion women out there, and I cant find a single one to put down the cell phone long enough to pay attention to me so I can show you not all men out there are jerks.
All men are jerks at some point.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:38 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,986,733 times
Quote:
When the sample size is so tiny, then sure that's a good idea.
True, but this is the first time I've seen anyone use this logic to refute a claim even though many findings with similar numbers have been used on this forum.

I should also mention that, from an ethical standpoint, I couldn't care less about the percentage of truly bisexual women. My curiousity piqued only after OP clarified his agenda on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
I wouldn't harp on about it if women didn't spread the myth of the "down low" male.
I'm not necessarily in agreement, but I'm interested in reading people's opinion on it.

Unfortunately, for that to happen, the survey has to be deemed "Legit."

Anyway, the fact is, a survey done on 484 women is more substantial than one or two CD poster's opinions on the percentage of women who are indeed bisexual, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

Old 11-03-2011, 06:50 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,716,406 times
Some of you say that that's what girls do: get drunk and make out.

If they need to get drunk to make out, then wouldn't you think that the alcohol brung out the suppressed desires?

If I got drunk I would NEVER kiss a dude.

Lots of yall make excuses for lesbian behavior.

A straight person would NEVER make out with a member of the same sex even while drunk.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:05 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,037,872 times
Quote:
Pretty sure that's less than 3.5 billion. Men outnumber women right?
I know women outnumber men in the US and most other first world nations because they tend to live slightly longer on average. Not sure about the world as a whole though.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:08 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,037,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Some of you say that that's what girls do: get drunk and make out.

If they need to get drunk to make out, then wouldn't you think that the alcohol brung out the suppressed desires?

If I got drunk I would NEVER kiss a dude.

Lots of yall make excuses for lesbian behavior.

A straight person would NEVER make out with a member of the same sex even while drunk.
You do realise everyone is different right? Just because YOU wouldn't do this or that, doesn't mean another person wouldn't.

I think it's perfectly plausible for a straight person to make out with someone of the same sex. Just a combination of social pressure/being egged on, feeling a bit 'wild' due to alcohol (haven't you ever felt the urge to do something outrageous while drunk?). I'm not saying approve of such behaviour, or really enough to condemn it, but that's just how I see it.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:39 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,640,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
I think every person, could find something attractive, about every other person on this planet. If they really thought about it.
nah.......

Old 11-03-2011, 08:45 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
Unfortunately, for that to happen, the survey has to be deemed "Legit."

Anyway, the fact is, a survey done on 484 women is more substantial than one or two CD poster's opinions on the percentage of women who are indeed bisexual, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.
It sounds legit, I agree. But skewed. They polled lesbians.... who sure as heck are going to answer they are attracted to/fantasized/kissed women.

Yes they polled others, but they don't give the breakdown of people who identify with what sexuality.

It's like polls that say 75% of women have been sexually harrassed. But one of the questions is "have you ever been whistled at or cat called in a public place?".

Old 11-03-2011, 09:10 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,716,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
You do realise everyone is different right? Just because YOU wouldn't do this or that, doesn't mean another person wouldn't.

I think it's perfectly plausible for a straight person to make out with someone of the same sex. Just a combination of social pressure/being egged on, feeling a bit 'wild' due to alcohol (haven't you ever felt the urge to do something outrageous while drunk?). I'm not saying approve of such behaviour, or really enough to condemn it, but that's just how I see it.
Yes but unless everyone is like ME, there is no further discussion.

Everyone can do things their way but unless you're doing things the Black Jack22 way, then you don't really get it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships