U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 10-29-2011, 09:21 PM
 
Location: Minneeeesoootah
3,489 posts, read 4,371,235 times
Reputation: 3315
Got hit by that nor'easter?
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-29-2011, 09:22 PM
 
Location: Wherever women are
19,023 posts, read 13,767,354 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Got hit by that nor'easter?
Yes, my happy days of wandering outside early in the morning, wrapped in a bedsheet to either throw trash or pick up the wall street journal, are gone
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2011, 09:24 PM
 
Location: Minneeeesoootah
3,489 posts, read 4,371,235 times
Reputation: 3315
You can still do that, just move fast.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2011, 09:26 PM
 
Location: Wherever women are
19,023 posts, read 13,767,354 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
You can still do that, just move fast.
No, I was just outside, it feels terrible with three layers of sweaters. I can't imagine going out in a bedsheet
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2011, 09:27 PM
 
Location: Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
624 posts, read 912,853 times
Reputation: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
How long have you been married?

Your husband sounds VERY similar to mine...except I've gotten to the point where I WON'T stay home anymore if he doesn't want to go. I just go without him.
Eh, my SO doesnt like to go out anymore, so Ive decided that if there's something going on that I want to do, I'll go alone, or find a friend to go with. He doesnt care, and he's happy to be left alone to do whatever.. doesnt happen too often, but neither of us have a problem with the other going and doing something on their own if one of us isnt interested..

the best part is, after awhile, he'll start to wonder what I'm up to and find a cutesy reason to text me. (not jealous or possessive, just doesnt always want to do the same stuff as I do..)

Going out and doing your own thing now and then doesnt hurt (as long as you trust each other, of course!) and it keeps them on their toes. If youre always there, they always know what to expect.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2011, 09:33 PM
 
Location: Minneeeesoootah
3,489 posts, read 4,371,235 times
Reputation: 3315
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliciaMaria View Post
Eh, my SO doesnt like to go out anymore, so Ive decided that if there's something going on that I want to do, I'll go alone, or find a friend to go with. He doesnt care, and he's happy to be left alone to do whatever.. doesnt happen too often, but neither of us have a problem with the other going and doing something on their own if one of us isnt interested..

the best part is, after awhile, he'll start to wonder what I'm up to and find a cutesy reason to text me. (not jealous or possessive, just doesnt always want to do the same stuff as I do..)

Going out and doing your own thing now and then doesnt hurt (as long as you trust each other, of course!) and it keeps them on their toes. If youre always there, they always know what to expect.
Yep, when I go somewhere, he texts me a random question. I know what he's doing.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2011, 09:34 PM
 
Location: Minneeeesoootah
3,489 posts, read 4,371,235 times
Reputation: 3315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
No, I was just outside, it feels terrible with three layers of sweaters. I can't imagine going out in a bedsheet
Bedsheet with boots, that will work.

Oh, and do not send the snow this way!!!!!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2011, 09:35 PM
 
Location: Wherever women are
19,023 posts, read 13,767,354 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Bedsheet with boots, that will work.
Tomcat in boots. Puss in boots would be a little weird

You're in MN. Reminds me of Fargo

I have some questions about the movie if you are not so bored
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2011, 09:37 PM
 
12,299 posts, read 6,968,380 times
Reputation: 9273
I actually really like boring men. The kind that like to stay at home.

What I don't like is unfeeling men.

Question: would you be happiest if he came with you to the parties? Or would you be just as happy if he didn't come but didn't guilt trip you for going without him?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2011, 09:40 PM
 
Location: Minneeeesoootah
3,489 posts, read 4,371,235 times
Reputation: 3315
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I actually really like boring men. The kind that like to stay at home.

What I don't like is unfeeling men.

Question: would you be happiest if he came with you to the parties? Or would you be just as happy if he didn't come but didn't guilt trip you for going without him?
Both, I would like him to come if he will be fun and enjoy himself and I would like to occasionally go out, without the guilt trip.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top