Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 07:48 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,783,345 times

Advertisements

Touching and I can relate.

I hope you're submitting your talent to some magazines for review. You need to be in print baby!

Old 10-31-2011, 06:41 AM

19,696 posts, read 20,221,774 times
What a nice post.

I'll admit, the title alone is what brought me here. lo

Old 10-31-2011, 06:59 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Touching and I can relate.

I hope you're submitting your talent to some magazines for review. You need to be in print baby!
Thank you Moon... In print? You think? May I ask why? You remember I was a writing fool on here a few years ago, right? Now I have to go back and read my post to see if I can see what you see.

Much love...

Old 10-31-2011, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
What a nice post.

I'll admit, the title alone is what brought me here. lo
Why thank you very much, D!

Old 10-31-2011, 08:35 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Thank you Moon... In print? You think? May I ask why? You remember I was a writing fool on here a few years ago, right? Now I have to go back and read my post to see if I can see what you see.

Much love...
Yes in print. I do remember your writing and I thought it was a very brave thing to do (put all your feelings out on display for people to evaluate). I think going through a life change is a very hard thing to do and writing is a great avenue to guide your way.

I also remember the way you wrote had a poetic rhythm to it. So yes, it's print worthy. I'm surprised you're surprised.

Start submitting, what does it hurt?

Old 10-31-2011, 08:36 AM

I knew I loved him and there were so many times I just wanted to tell him, just shout it out. Instead, I drew it back in, just as quickly as I could. He had to tell me first, I kept telling myself. I had decided that every time I thought with my heart I got hurt. Every time I let someone know I loved them I opened myself up to a world of hurt and pain and I was done with that. I couldn't do it again.

Time and time again we lay there in the darkness as he rubs my hair and face and gives me gentle little kisses. Before long we will fall asleep. I am drinking in every part of his face that the small amount of light will allow. Every once in a while his eyes open and he catches me and smiles. His eyes close once again.

I trace the outline of his face just along the hairline, circling his ear, coming down the jaw line. Moving my hand up just a bit, I run my finger along his eyebrow. I cannot help but touch him. I want to tell him so badly but I know I cannot. What if he doesn't feel the same? What if he thinks I am crazy? What if I end up just getting hurt?

He whispers good night sweetie in my ear and gives me one last kiss. I say good night and close my eyes, wondering what in the world is wrong with me.

I already know whats wrong with me, as I begin to drift away to another world. I went through years of a terrible marriage. Then another relationship where my blinders were up and no matter what every one else told me, it didn't matter. All I knew was he was everything I never had and I thought he was everything I always wanted.

Slowly but surely the blinders came down and they were all right.. It took a lot to realize it, and I even left and went back, but finally I got it.

I decided anyone else, unfortunately, would have to be looked at in a different perspective by myself, and maybe others.

After many dates I decided he was too good to be true. Something had to be wrong. I broke it off with him. This was well before the time I am talking about above. I was miserable. I didn't need him, I told myself. I even went out on a date, which was terrible, to further verify I didn't even want him.

I know I am right, I told myself. I'll go on this date and all will be fine. I will forget about him and that will be that. It wasn't. It only verified that I did want him. I sat next to this man listening to his moaning and groaning about this and that and all I could think about was him......

I told him this story last night, hoping it wouldn't make him upset. I asked if he was and he said no, we weren't together. I'm just glad you were wrong.....

I sat across from him in a Mexican restaurant just smiling at him.... "Me too" I said.....

There are times that I find myself driving a lonely road. It is a two and a half hour drive that I take on my own. It is a perfect time of reflection. Getting within my own mind and evaluating. I think of my long ago past, because I have just been reminded of it. I think about that husband and the terrible times. I bring myself to a not so very distant past now. Not the best either. Now I come to the short term past and it is wonderful.

It isn't that kind of wonderful that I thought I had with my old 'blinder' boyfriend. It is the feeling of normal, everyday life. It has been my dream to just live a normal life. To be loved, as well as to love.

As I drove down that road in the total darkness, only meeting another car every five minutes or so, I was lost so deep in these thoughts.

Then there is him. The thought of him makes me smile tremendously as I drive along, but there are also a few tears rolling down my cheek. I think of us up until now. I think of all the times I have run up to him after not having seen him for several days and giving him the biggest hug on the earth! Squeezing him so tight I never wanna let go.... I release him and he gives me that familiar "Hey you" combined with that sweet smile and a kiss.

I have no idea how I must look at that point, smiling and crying. I take a picture. Interesting. I take many pictures of many things throughout the day, one of those things myself. It's almost like cataloging my life on a day to day basis.

I think of all the nights of those sweet touches and kisses and good nights. I am torn in two. I know that I love him. I am quite sure he loves me. What do I do? My brain has overridden my heart. I won't say it! I just can't!

Old 10-31-2011, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Yes in print. I do remember your writing and I thought it was a very brave thing to do (put all your feelings out on display for people to evaluate). I think going through a life change is a very hard thing to do and writing is a great avenue to guide your way.

I also remember the way you wrote had a poetic rhythm to it. So yes, it's print worthy. I'm surprised you're surprised.

Start submitting, what does it hurt?
No one here or anywhere, my family, no one will know what writing here did for me.

I think back on it and it changed me. It helped me. It started to mold the me I knew I could be to get out. I was so afraid. I can still feel that feeling back then. Its been more than four years.

Going on those walks, meshing myself with nature, then coming back to join the two in words....

It gave me my life back. The life that ended when I met him. I have had my downfalls since then, I have ridden the roller coaster of life.

I am on the upslide now, just hoping and praying it stays this way.

Quite possibly I am surprised due to my issues of low self esteem. I am working on it, and the gentleman I write of knows.... but instead of tearing me down, like the men in my past did, he builds me up.

I actually thought that I could compile much of my writings here into a book....

Thank you kindly for your complements, there are so very much appreciated.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:37 AM

So if you are reading this thread and you are a person who pics up on very small details look at my picture above.

Notice my neck, my cheeks. They are pink in color. My lips are pretty dark. I do not wear lipstick. This picture is from the night I drove along that dark pathway. Thinking, thinking, thinking. Down through the past. Emotions gone everywhere they could go..... ending in happiness and tears......

Old 10-31-2011, 12:55 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,684,301 times
Your writing style is great. You grab my attention with the first sentence every time. I hope you do carry through and compile your writings, or even go with new ones. You have a gift.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
Your writing style is great. You grab my attention with the first sentence every time. I hope you do carry through and compile your writings, or even go with new ones. You have a gift.
Thank you so much, ROTN. I don't know if I will ever submit anything. I do love to write, and would love for something like that to happen, however lack the confidence.

So, I find myself here again. Writing.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships