Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 08:21 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,980,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr74 View Post
Ummm...well what I stated it is most certainly not inaccurate it is my point of view and relevant to your situation...may not be exactly what you agree with however this is why it is MY point of view...
Re: My English Teacher? This was a career move..she was was going for professor...hope this helps...She can teach at the lower level however her PhysD will allow her to teach at the university level which is what she was going for...

Re: The latter of your post? You are basically stating that "Money" gives a man additional dating time as well as a bigger pool of women to choose from?
Well if what you are after is a superficial woman that wants to date you based on your surplus of material possessions as well as what it is in your bank account? You may be headed in the right direction however...and it is a big HOWEVER...
DO NOT THINK for one single moment that you "have" this woman, she will stay for as long as the money is there however yet again she will always have an eye on other prospects...
hi,

facts and opinions should not be confused although they are often conflated.

it's a fallacy to assert that non-traditional students are the norm...although our numbers are increasing.

getting a Phd at 55 is....quixotic...at best. Some folks like to learn and that's awesome. this is not relevant to this thread though.

i agree that superficial women attracted by the material may not be loyal if the material is gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 04:20 PM

48,298 posts, read 34,433,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
I dont think we have the same sense of humor and i don't follow your logic although i agree that most people get what they deserve.

And you didn't answer any of my questions....

Old 11-03-2011, 04:25 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,361,859 times
Quote:
Hi,

I have big problems dating desirable American women as I appear to be very undesirable to them: an unemployed 32 year old with no college degree, no career, no car, and no property save a condo off the Vegas strip that I picked up at a firesale rate. I also have a condo in bangkok and an X-box.

However, the truth is much different.

I am erudite but lack formal education as i joined the military at 18 and have spent my entire working life in conflict zones and the developing world doing IT work. When I say that i work in Iraq the women just assume I am in the Army and loose interest.

The fact is that I am contractor and have made no less than 200k (with a high of 265k) a year since I was 23. That's not rich, but 200k a year largely tax free with no expenses equates to making three or four times that much. However American women that I meet don't really comprehend what i do unless they are the wives of military members.

I also loose "value" because many women believe that out of sight means out of mind.

I don't own a car because it makes no sense to buy a Benz and have it sit empty in a garage for 345 days per year.

I recently suffered an "accident" at work and have no interest in returning to a conflict zone although I could. I am currently unemployed but have found PT work in Vegas unrelated to my previous career--doing federal background investigations.

As a result of my accident I got a seven figure insurance check and some other wage replacement benefits as well as free medical care for life. I am in great shape and look normal. I am about a 6.5 in pure looks but am very quiet.

I am going to school next fall, possibly an elite school, but as a 30 odd year old freshman it will be hard to explain to women my age as most 30 year old undergrads are women that go to community college without a huge future.

I picked up some nice threads, a nice watch, and will buy a nice ride--Porsche Cayman or CLK Benz--but I will not spend more than 350k on house. I Nevada that's a nice home, but not a stellar pad.

I recently hopped on and even more quickly hopped off some sugardaddy type sites..one of them even invited me to be on their tv show...but that whole genre of dating is slightly beyond what I am comfortable with--I will take a girl out to nice places and spend money on her but will not pay her bills or give her cash.

I may consider an upscale matchmaker but all of the reviews I have read indicate that these are a waste of money.

Any advice on how I can date desirable women and finally start punching at my weight.
You don't sound like much of a catch outside the fact that you have money.

What do you have to offer someone a shining personality and a scrapbook of travel pictures?

Condo in Bangkok? Are you Thai? Or just a perv? Condo in Bangkok is a red flag for me - my skin is crawling right now at the thought of it.

Quote:
I am going to school next fall, possibly an elite school, but as a 30 odd year old freshman it will be hard to explain to women my age as most 30 year old undergrads are women that go to community college without a huge future.
What is THAT supposed to mean? Women in their 30's are losers who go to community college?

Nevermind about what you have to offer. I can tell you're fairly smug and full of yourself.

Good luck.

Old 11-03-2011, 04:39 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,361,859 times
Quote:
my only question was how to "show" that I am on a level which they would accept without ostentatious displays..wasting money in clubs and flashing a sweet timepiece seems silly....and then I realized that that's exactly what I will have to do if I want to swim in that pond.
You're not.

Superficial gold diggers need bait.

If you want a superficial gold digger you've got to invest in some lure.

The watch, the clubbing, the cars.

Just don't buy the 300k house and only furnish it with a computer, a desk, a big plasma tv, and an Xbox.

K? Bai!

Old 11-03-2011, 05:03 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,327,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

What do you have to offer someone a shining personality and a scrapbook of travel pictures?

Condo in Bangkok? Are you Thai? Or just a perv? Condo in Bangkok is a red flag for me - my skin is crawling right now at the thought of it.

What is THAT supposed to mean? Women in their 30's are losers who go to community college?

Nevermind about what you have to offer. I can tell you're fairly smug and full of yourself.

Good luck.
LOL I honestly think somebody put this in as a Trolling post. It reminds me of the gorgeous woman post. The one where the girl put the ad on Craigslist (supposedly) because she could not get a wealthy man while women less attractive managed to marry these loaded guys. LOL

I think the posts are fake, but it is funny to argue about them. Soo... LOL I know the OP is probably fake..nevertheless I will play.

Yes there are "hot" women who like guys with money. Look at Irina Shayk or any of the "gorgeous" models dating these rich guys, even guys not as handsome as Cristiano Ronaldo get these "hot/desirable/sexy/thin/model-type" women. The guys usually are ones w/ a lot of money.

The girls of that type generally are looking for "something." Partially because they can't support themselves or their shiny hair, lipsticked, Louboutin-wearing lifestyles on their own salaries. Simply being good-looking is not a recipe for individual success...especially for women who generally get paid less, anyway. Lingerie or "glamour" models don't make a lot of money, so the boyfriend/husband usually can PAY for everything: apartments, grooming, spending money, shopping, trips, jewelry. etc.

If you are looking for a gorgeous girl...she is probably spending a lot of time looking good...and thus is going to rely on YOU for financial security.

If you are looking for a great normal girl with financial security, and good looks...she is probably not going to be interested in a man without education..no matter how much money he makes. I mean, what are you going to talk about? Yep life experience counts for something, but there are things you can only learn in school.

Nothing wrong with a "hot" girl with no prospects, but be realistic and realize you may have to spend a lot of money.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
And you didn't answer any of my questions....
Hi,

I did not follow your posts nor your questions except the queries about where my money is. I guess the answer is that it's in bank or spent on vacations and fun. I have very little overhead.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:31 AM

Quote:

Good luck.
Hi,

You may be right that i am not that much of a catch. I don't really find most people interesting and an not inclined to entertain them. I am an introvert and although I like to have fun an travel, I don't like talking to most women in general.

for instance, if i were to speak to you, rather than disabusing you of your erroneous assertions--if I could, as many Americans are somewhat dense--I would just smile awkwardly and try to get way.

You thought I was a perv for living in Bangkok? Right. Well, the good thing about being a contractor is that a large portion of your earnings are tax free if you remain outside of the country for 11 months per year...

Thus, it's prudent for a single guy with no overhead to be domiciled abroad...

Thailand is the ideal destination for this: low cost of living with 1st world amenities, easy visa requirements, and money talks...I used to live in Germany but spent 25% of my vacation in some govt office taking care of business. If you worked in Baghdad, the last thing you want to do is spend 25% of your vacation standing in line dealing with inflexible euro bureaucrats.

This means that a ~quarter million a year goes into a bank account as opposed to the IRS.

I could try to explain all of this to you, but it's likely that you will tune me out once you heard Bangkok. For the record, I don't like foreign women from the 2nd world because it's impossible to communicate with them...even tougher than attempting to talk to someone like you.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:33 AM

Quote:
You're not.

Superficial gold diggers need bait.

If you want a superficial gold digger you've got to invest in some lure.

The watch, the clubbing, the cars.

Just don't buy the 300k house and only furnish it with a computer, a desk, a big plasma tv, and an Xbox.

K? Bai!
What more do I need in my house but the things you mentioned...a sofa would be nice though

Old 11-04-2011, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
LOL I honestly think somebody put this in as a Trolling post. It reminds me of the gorgeous woman post. The one where the girl put the ad on Craigslist (supposedly) because she could not get a wealthy man while women less attractive managed to marry these loaded guys. LOL

I think the posts are fake, but it is funny to argue about them. Soo... LOL I know the OP is probably fake..nevertheless I will play.

Yes there are "hot" women who like guys with money. Look at Irina Shayk or any of the "gorgeous" models dating these rich guys, even guys not as handsome as Cristiano Ronaldo get these "hot/desirable/sexy/thin/model-type" women. The guys usually are ones w/ a lot of money.

The girls of that type generally are looking for "something." Partially because they can't support themselves or their shiny hair, lipsticked, Louboutin-wearing lifestyles on their own salaries. Simply being good-looking is not a recipe for individual success...especially for women who generally get paid less, anyway. Lingerie or "glamour" models don't make a lot of money, so the boyfriend/husband usually can PAY for everything: apartments, grooming, spending money, shopping, trips, jewelry. etc.

If you are looking for a gorgeous girl...she is probably spending a lot of time looking good...and thus is going to rely on YOU for financial security.

If you are looking for a great normal girl with financial security, and good looks...she is probably not going to be interested in a man without education..no matter how much money he makes. I mean, what are you going to talk about? Yep life experience counts for something, but there are things you can only learn in school.

Nothing wrong with a "hot" girl with no prospects, but be realistic and realize you may have to spend a lot of money.
Hi. Good post. Makes sense.

Re education: if one is simply ticking boxes then ok, but if one believes that an education is to prepare one for life, broaden one's horizons, and enable a livielihoood I would have to disagree.

Serving one's country in uniform, working as a contractor overseas, making decent coin, traveling, reading a lot, and taking correspondence courses can provide an education too.

I worked with plenty of people who had advanced degrees and we all got paid the same and their work was no better than mine.

I do agree that a college education in general is better than not having one...but sometimes it makes sense to forgo formal education and get that $$. Like a mid-round professional athlete coming out early. If the market is hot it's hot and one should capitalize on that and go back to school later or in the off-season.

You are right that some gals who are pretty but with little vocation rely on a man to fund their lifestyle. I guess it's a fair trade if everybody knows the deal.

Old 11-04-2011, 02:29 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,576,333 times
Wow...you tell people they have a good post when they suggest you are trolling? lol.

Anyway...

1. If you want decent woman, be a decent person.
2. Stop acting like you are entitled to something because your money won't make up for your attitude and persona. (It's not that much, honestly...I consider 250 a year to be the top of middle class.)
3. You need to be a major player or have game to pull off what you want...and I just don't see it at all from your posts. A guy could be broke and not that goodlooking but if knows how to treat a woman he will get exactly what he wants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships