Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 11:44 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,989,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
What are you spending all that money on? Are you saving it? And yeah I dont really understand what you do either. You say you are not in the military but you joined the military at 18. Im confused. I think that confusion and the fact that you are home only 2 weeks a year IS really a deterrent to a relationship. I would be suspect of anyone who says oh i only get to see you 2 weeks a year? I'm in! I think you should find a way to explain what you do to make sense to an average woman, and yes, do something to fill your time while you are not working so you aren't just lazing around.
I don't blame you for not reading carefully. Facts: I was in the military for four years, and then later became a contractor. A contractor is person that supports the government yet does not directly work for the federal government.

As a contractor I normally worked for 90 days then had 15 days off....sometimes I took up to 6 months off in between contracts but sometimes no time at all....I went to Vegas often, but for tax reasons--as in not wanting to pay them--I spent most of my holidays on exotic trips around the world. Sometimes alone, sometimes with American college students or E.European ladies. I did not pay them but paid for all of their expenses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
That was my point too
I think you both missed the point. You want a really big house. You do not want an expensive house, however, as you are not going to be bequeathed a house from mom or given a house for being on a reality tv show you need to pay lots of money for said house.

My question was simple: how do I let gold diggers and other haughty women know that I have some gold if don't want to be all blingy.

I said I wanted an 8+....these women in Vegas tend to be materialistic. I felt that I possibly met their expectations but they were dismissing me because I did not successfully articulate my "value" to them.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:56 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
I think you both missed the point. You want a really big house. You do not want an expensive house, however, as you are not going to be bequeathed a house from mom or given a house for being on a reality tv show you need to pay lots of money for said house.

My question was simple: how do I let gold diggers and other haughty women know that I have some gold if don't want to be all blingy.

I said I wanted an 8+....these women in Vegas tend to be materialistic. I felt that I possibly met their expectations but they were dismissing me because I did not successfully articulate my "value" to them.

So you DO want a gold digger or materialistic woman.

I got nothing for ya, other than, when you play with fire you get burnt.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
So let me get this straight: You are not in Vegas often. It's something of a "home base" because you have a condo there, but you are away more often than you are there.

Okay, I see why you might not need a car. And not for nothing, but unless you have someone to start it or drive it regularly, the battery is going to die, anyway. However, if you are in town for a couple of weeks at a time, or even a month or two, on your income, you can rent one.

I see in your other posts that you are basically looking for someone pretty and a good conversationalist, but only to hook up with when you happen to be in town. You don't want a relationship or any strings.

Find yourself a recent divorcee and be her transitional man.

At the risk of getting strung up here, I am going to say I am speaking from experience. After my ex moved out, I wanted to get back out there (it was a civil separation and divorce, and we actually encouraged each other to go ahead and start dating). Yet I didn't want a boyfriend.

I met a terrific man I only saw once or twice a year. He was in the military, based in in a different part of the country, but then got sent all over the globe. He was originally from the area where I lived at the time, however, so when he came home for holidays to visit his parents and family, that's when we saw each other. He was extremely intelligent, good-looking, good conversationalist for dinner and drinks, and fun (wink-wink, nudge-nudge). We'd IM if we happened to be online at the same time (rare, because usually there was a 12-hour time difference), but that's about it for contact in the interim.

That went on for two years until I met my current SO, five years ago. I'm guessing that the fellow in question had women in other ports, and I certainly did not deprive myself of dates and male company. But he was always on the radar. In another place and time, maybe it would have been different.

At any rate, it worked for us until I met my SO (which is something you'd need to accept in a similar situation--the prospect that one day you might ring her up and she might say, "I met someone"), and the fellow finally got married a couple of months ago, himself.

As long as you and the woman are on the same page, I see nothing wrong with something like that. However, you need to approach it like dating, because that is what it is, just that it's casual. You have to like each other, otherwise, yes, as Djuna said, just go out and buy what you need.
more or less...i will no longer be a war zone contractor as I got injured and got some money...seven figures plus more on the way...so I will attend college next year.

vegas may or may not be my long term residence but it will be my permanent short term residence. I do want a long term relationship--well am open to it--but in the near term I want an 8+. I hate rating people like that but it is what it is.

your situation was interesting and it worked for you. I have had vacation buddies that i have taken to the olympics, grand prix, and other places and it worked out pretty well. However, most people have jobs and cant travel like I do unless I supported them and I wasn't willing to do so.

I am sure that you can comprehend the complexities in a situation like mine.

I agree, Vegas is not the place to find a decent lady.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:08 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
i am puzzled by your post. you seem a bit at loose ends. its really not about women is it? or money.
seems like your anchor is missing. ever thought about getting more in touch with your spiritual self?
just asking. i agree about the car. right now i dont have one either lots of benefits in this. more time to calm down and get centered.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
So you DO want a gold digger or materialistic woman.

I got nothing for ya, other than, when you play with fire you get burnt.
my gosh...yea, managing these types of women appears to be complicated especially if you are not willing to be a SD and have a defined arrangement....jezus, what is this world coming to when American women are bluntly asking for a $ amount per month to be your woman?

This is very sad. I dunno what's worse, that girls are selling it or that men pay it.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:51 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,099,118 times
So you want to be a sugar daddy but without paying for it on an ongoing basis, yet you want this woman to be available on an ongoing basis for travel and whenever else it's convenient. So you want her to be independently wealthy and you'll just pay for her company (in the form of comps - paid trip expenses). Ain't gonna happen and you are definitely not what a woman would be punching for if she could afford to be available for "whenever" and still be self-supporting.

Time to grow up, little boy.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:59 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,407,600 times
the op is a serious idiot...

I'm ashamed to be an American when I read about people like this...

Old 10-31-2011, 01:00 PM

118 posts, read 218,344 times
After reading this and OP's comments again... oh, I wish there were something better to do at the moment... I am thinking this has to be an "alternative reality" for the OP. It is kind of like fantasy written on paper?

It has to be, because, quite frankly, the OP is not making any sense.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:03 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,206,866 times
LOL I think this guy is trolling......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships