Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 12:55 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,989,875 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I have big problems dating desirable American women as I appear to be very undesirable to them: an unemployed 32 year old with no college degree, no career, no car, and no property save a condo off the Vegas strip that I picked up at a firesale rate. I also have a condo in bangkok and an X-box.

However, the truth is much different.

I am erudite but lack formal education as i joined the military at 18 and have spent my entire working life in conflict zones and the developing world doing IT work. When I say that i work in Iraq the women just assume I am in the Army and loose interest.

The fact is that I am contractor and have made no less than 200k (with a high of 265k) a year since I was 23. That's not rich, but 200k a year largely tax free with no expenses equates to making three or four times that much. However American women that I meet don't really comprehend what i do unless they are the wives of military members.

I also loose "value" because many women believe that out of sight means out of mind.

I don't own a car because it makes no sense to buy a Benz and have it sit empty in a garage for 345 days per year.

I recently suffered an "accident" at work and have no interest in returning to a conflict zone although I could. I am currently unemployed but have found PT work in Vegas unrelated to my previous career--doing federal background investigations.

As a result of my accident I got a seven figure insurance check and some other wage replacement benefits as well as free medical care for life. I am in great shape and look normal. I am about a 6.5 in pure looks but am very quiet.

I am going to school next fall, possibly an elite school, but as a 30 odd year old freshman it will be hard to explain to women my age as most 30 year old undergrads are women that go to community college without a huge future.

I picked up some nice threads, a nice watch, and will buy a nice ride--Porsche Cayman or CLK Benz--but I will not spend more than 350k on house. I Nevada that's a nice home, but not a stellar pad.

I recently hopped on and even more quickly hopped off some sugardaddy type sites..one of them even invited me to be on their tv show...but that whole genre of dating is slightly beyond what I am comfortable with--I will take a girl out to nice places and spend money on her but will not pay her bills or give her cash.

I may consider an upscale matchmaker but all of the reviews I have read indicate that these are a waste of money.

Any advice on how I can date desirable women and finally start punching at my weight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 01:16 AM

461 posts, read 782,471 times
I'd like to know your definition of 'desirable'. Everything you've mentioned in your post is monetary which means you like a certain 'expensive high maintenance' type. If that's what you want then you'll have to jump through those hoops.
Happy hunting!

Old 10-31-2011, 01:38 AM

221 posts, read 597,916 times
Nothing in your post convinces me you are actually interested in other people.

It's unfortunate but I've known many other IT guys who go for the gold and then end up in their thirties with an empty castle and no real social skills. I have stories, let me tell ya.

And your "punching at your weight" line -- repeated a few times -- makes me think you probably have already shown up on TheDirty.com a few times.

There's plenty of action around Vegas for paid companions. Money talks with those girls, and you can count on "punching at your weight" right out of the chute . . .

Old 10-31-2011, 02:09 AM

Hi,

It's foolish to think that women don't consider a man's career, education, home, and car when evaluating him as a potential mate. It would be silly not to. Decent, above average looking professional women, blow me off pretty quick and I want to avoid it. I want to enjoy my money a little bit and land a hottie, but want to build a relationship with a good looking, smart, attractive person...the kind that you find in DC but not so much in Vegas.

I am not interested in prostitution and am not the dirty. I have only been out with a a handful of women in the last ten years in the USA.

Old 10-31-2011, 02:46 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,011,899 times
Obviously you have not paid attention. Girls are only interested in money, you can find that out in one thread after another here. Or is that true? Hmmm. A couple thoughts. Your income is not all that high. Money cannot buy love. Mercedes are not what they are cracked up to be. Your income is only a small fraction of your "weight". Desirable women cannot be bought. You however can buy very beautiful and complaint women who will do your bidding for a price.

My advise. Money is great, gets you all manner of fun toys and you don't need to wonder whether you can afford steak tonight. What it wont get you is a girl that loves you. No amount of hot=love. Find someone you love, way better than hot. Let the money thing go, money does not=love. You're doing good there but not one of those dollars will remember you after you are dead. Or care.

Old 10-31-2011, 03:43 AM

1,410 posts, read 2,139,179 times
What does "Punching below my weight" mean? Outside of boxing...

Old 10-31-2011, 04:10 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,333 times
If you look at your post, all you talk about is money, possessions and materialistic stuff, most women don't give a crap about all this stuff, or the ones that do are not what I would call "quality women" anyways.

There were times in my life when I did not even have a car, and that never stopped me from meeting the right people, my girlfriend at the time did not care because our connection had nothing to do with material crap.

I hope you don't go on dates and brag about how much you make or what you have because women pick up on that quick and trust me, they will see you as someone trying too hard to compensate for a lack of something, there are many jokes about guys that drive nice cars to compensate for a small sized you know what, I would definitely reconsider your approach

Old 10-31-2011, 04:34 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,378,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
If you look at your post, all you talk about is money, possessions and materialistic stuff, most women don't give a crap about all this stuff, or the ones that do are not what I would call "quality women" anyways.
Exactly. Your post makes you sound like a real bore - and no quality woman is going to be interested in that.

I'm sure you have more to offer - give yourself some credit - there's got to be more to you, than just your bank account and earning potential.

Old 10-31-2011, 04:44 AM

845 posts, read 1,348,941 times
Well, sir, your post is pretty much the problem; you base everything off of material worth and money. Are you looking for a woman that only wants you for your money? Or someone that wants you?

Anyways, I'm not sure if you make this your first date approach. The first date is about you finding out about this person, but not so deep that you scare her away. Make her laugh, give little tidbits about yourself, make her feel comfortable, but more importantly make her wanting more.

As dress code, looking nice is great. Clean shaven, no wrinkled pants or shirt, good oral hygiene and breath, but you don't want to shoot the moon in a dress casual bar-setting. Again, it's to send comfortable vibes to the other person.

You can actually play it as a secret identity, like Clark Kent and Superman. The person you meet is your version of Lois Lane. You don't want to tell her your Superman just yet but every bone in your body wants her to know who you really are.

Old 10-31-2011, 05:47 AM

this post is a bit silly. if one wants to attract materialistic women one needs the materials to do so. you either play the game or you don't.

i also think that one's geographic location strongly influences what is desirable.

although I don't believe that picky people don't think that who you are does not include what you do, what you have, as success and rewards are often a sign of important personal traits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships