Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 09:17 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,620,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
I'm the poster child for what not to look like.

-Cheers.
Me too! I'm too tall, I have tattoos and surgery scars, I enjoy wearing heels here and there and I'm definitely 'one of the boys'.

Oh well

Old 11-01-2011, 09:56 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,396,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Tsk tsk, shorties can't handle the tall ladies.
I'm think Dave is on the tall side.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:30 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,739,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
This isn't absolute or anything, and I hope it doesn't offend anybody. I just want to cut through the bs and find out what guys really want (or don't want).

Mine would include:

Too short
Too overweight
Too skinny (too skinny limbs, for instance, or ribs showing)
Noticeably aberrant torso/body (torso/leg) ratio - not a supermodel or a dwarf
Weird body shape (very wide bottom, very broad shoulders, too stout rotund)
Very small breasts
A very long or very round face
Too small or too big eyes (I'm talking slits or like googly eyes)
A flat nose
Weirdly proportioned facial features
Too thin or thick lips
Skin too blotchy
Extremely dark skin (I know this could come across as being racist. I'm just not used to it, I haven't tried a VERY dark girl but I'm not totally closed to the possibility of it).
This post and threads like this usually offend me. Especially the part about dark skin. You seem racist, what is wrong with dark skin?

Old 11-01-2011, 05:02 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,423,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Tsk tsk, shorties can't handle the tall ladies.
Doesn't pay to make assumptions

I'm 6'4

Old 11-01-2011, 05:07 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Doesn't pay to make assumptions

I'm 6'4

And I'm 6'2". Tall ones are a no-no. Nothing over 5'9".

Old 11-01-2011, 05:15 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,910,758 times
This thread just shows how superficial people are. What qualities do they care about? Looks. What about, kindness, love, honesty, integrity, generosity, etc? No wonder people can't find someone, or just end up going through a series of "relationship", marriages, and FWB. After all, what happens when your "one and only" gets old, gets sick, they develop wrickles, age spots, they might limp, grey hair, etc. Gee, people today are just wonderful????????????

Last edited by augiedogie; 11-01-2011 at 05:15 PM.. Reason: punctuation

Old 11-01-2011, 05:21 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,423,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
This thread just shows how superficial people are. What qualities do they care about? Looks. What about, kindness, love, honesty, integrity, generosity, etc? No wonder people can't find someone, or just end up going through a series of "relationship", marriages, and FWB. After all, what happens when your "one and only" gets old, gets sick, they develop wrickles, age spots, they might limp, grey hair, etc. Gee, people today are just wonderful????????????

What I listed are non-preferences.....doesn't mean I couldn't fall for someone with those characteristics

Old 11-01-2011, 05:22 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,087,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillesux View Post
physical turn offs, probably nothing. but folks that "judge a book by it's cover" are a huge turn off to me. you fall in love with the person, not the body, and if you overlook someone because of how they look then you may well never truly fall in love.
Quote:
Dare to dream.

There's definitely a proportion of the population that will COMPLETELY overlook physical attraction, but it's small.

I'd throw myself in there, and it's maybe less than 1%.

Old 11-01-2011, 05:46 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,739,383 times
Quote:
True and the ones with the most demand on physical appearance are probably not even that good looking themselves

Old 11-01-2011, 06:51 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,037,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
This post and threads like this usually offend me. Especially the part about dark skin. You seem racist, what is wrong with dark skin?
I'm trying to be as honest as possible. Nothing wrong with dark skin at all. Actually I can find it beautiful, but I'm just not used to very dark brown skin (I'm not talking most black women, but like the darkest ones). If the opportunity ever arose to date such a girl, I probably would, but it might take me awhile to get used to it. Others have expressed what they don't find as attractive about certain races, which is fine and not necessarily racist. Like while I like many Asian girls, again I'm not used to ones with extremely 'oriental' features. I find a lot of white people ugly too (I find having lots of freckles in adulthood, for instance, a bit of a turn-off), of course. But it seems anything bad about black people is taboo. The difference with me is I'm open to expanding my experiences and overcoming my inbuilt preferences. I'm going to come out and say it instead of lie and say it makes zero difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships