Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2011, 07:29 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,005,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
<Grabs a beer & some popcorn>
Hehe

Old 11-13-2011, 07:30 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,627,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Hehe
Think about the life of the popcorn as you hoover it. Or the salt and butter added to it. Think of its process.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:35 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,005,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Think about the life of the popcorn as you hoover it. Or the salt and butter added to it. Think of its process.
I would be the proverbial choir SD. lol When you think about it millions of lives met their end when the had the misfortune to be under my boat. O_o

Old 11-13-2011, 07:40 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,627,599 times
Quote:
I would be the proverbial choir SD. lol When you think about it millions of lives met their end when the had the misfortune to be under my boat. O_o
I know that. I am in the same choir. And the same thing when I go fishing, or hunting. I don't waste what catch or find. I don't do a lot of hunting, in fact its been 8 years since I've been hunting. Granted I've killed a deer and a pickup in one fell swoop. It is about prudent use of the land and game.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:41 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,021,652 times
Quote:
Nah, just "damn I'm getting old"

Your husband said you eat like a rabbit, that triggered a memory about the time were feeding Cheerios to rabbits at a sanctuary we had volunteered for one year. It was funny listening to them crunch, crunch, crunch.

Gotcha...figured it was some childhood memory or something of that nature. lol

You are not only mental, but redundant as well.
LOL, I guess I am. Don't mental people repeat themselves, like Rain-man??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I'm behind in this conversation. What's going on j6us? (I just made up that nick, sorry!)
I've just kind of had the epiphany that this is why I'm miserable lately. Although I can't say it's like this for ALL of my relatioinships, just with some people.

Quote:
Kick off hot chocolate season tonight, should have watched the weather first as I'm about to roast.
Yeah, a few nights ago would have been ideal for hot chocolate. It is pretty warm out today.

Quote:
I am a carnivore, no question. To me dinner is a meat combined with other stuff. Doesn't matter how much of that other stuff is on the plate. Its not dinner without meat.
This is exactly how my husband feels.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:42 PM

7,119 posts, read 8,608,180 times
Quote:
Reminds me when I was little my mother bought live crabs home...the fish guy instructed my mom where to pierce their underbelly to kill them instantly...well long story short I took one look at the cute squirming crab and another at my mom with an the awl in her hand and screamed bloody murder!!The crabs lived another day (we brought them back)!!

Old 11-13-2011, 07:43 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,021,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Reminds me when I was little my mother bought live crabs home...the fish guy instructed my mom where to pierce their underbelly to kill them instantly...well long story short I took one look at the cute squirming crab and another at my mom with an the awl in her hand and screamed bloody murder!!The crabs lived another day (we brought them back)!!
Oh I couldn't do that either!

As far as I know, the meat I buy comes in a styrofoam package in the grocery store.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:47 PM

7,119 posts, read 8,608,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Oh I couldn't do that either!

As far as I know, the meat I buy comes in a styrofoam package in the grocery store.
Uh...remember the scene from Rocky where he practices boxing on the big hanging sides of beef...Yuck!! I also can't pick out a lobster from the tank at a restaurant!

Old 11-13-2011, 07:48 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,129,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I don't think I do...
I've shared it on this forum before. I guess I just assumed you were apart of those discussions. Any how, I'll share it again since it turned out ok.

When we met my husband was on his path, earning a decent living (50-60k), but was sort of stuck. He was a fine dining waiter. That brings a good salary, but it's problematic for a host of reasons. He had his dreams, but wasn't in a position to actualize them. When we decided to marry we had a discussion. I asked him what he wanted to do with himself and his life. He wanted to follow in the footsteps of his grandfather, who was a sugar chemist. He would go on and on about how cool his grandpa was. How his mom took dictation for one of the chem texts he wrote. How he worked with this and that famous scientist. My dh was a poor student in HS, although he was always very well read. He just screwed around very much like I did in HS. Either way, we set out to it.

He had to take a couple of years of remedial math before thinking about college. We found a local CC that had a transfer program and he did that. Calc I didn't happen on the first try either, or the second. But, once he got it down he blew through calc II, III, differential. He went to university and after some years got his chemistry degree. It wasn't easy. Financially, we would have been better off with two incomes. But, screw that. I did everything I could so he could do what he wanted to do. I can't tell you the shyte I got from both families during this time because I was robbing Peter to pay Paul some months since I decided to buy a home. The decision making around this also involved my dh. I needed to take advantage of the tax credit in part. So, lots of maneuvering, emotional support, complete financial support (which included a car to get to school), and administrative support. On that latter point I called in a favor and got him a job working in a lab while he was an undergrad, which is priceless experience. He got a poster out of it and third author on a publication. I worked for that favor.

Now, he has his first job getting the bench experience he needs to transfer to a biotech for R&D work. Given that I've always been years ahead in all these processes it's just invaluable for him. He doesn't have to make the same mistakes so many others make. I've been there/done that and if not, have plenty of friends who have, so I can offer guidance.

In part, this is a domino effect from one of my ex-bf's. I too wanted to go to college. I wanted to be a scientist. I had no idea how to go about that. On our first date my ex said to me "we probably won't work out, but you'll be left in better place". He was a computer scientist from Brown, a complete pain, and he was so right. We were together for less than a year but he kicked my ass into school and I stayed. I emailed him a thank you when I graduated with my grad degree and when my husband graduated. That's my cheesy story.

Any how, that's not a gift grown adults typically receive. It's worth a bit of abstaining imo.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:51 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,517,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I want some too. Wait, what about the feelings of the barley, the yeast, popcorn's feelings too. Think of the heat and pressure that cause that explosion, we don't give a second thought to the kernal of corn.

Considering we have been eating critters since before the discovery of fire it makes for an interesting relationship.
You can be philosophical if you want, but I'm eating, drinking, & being merry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships