Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2011, 12:18 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times

Advertisements

I can have crap food in the house and not eat it...because I'm not fast enough!

The two older boys will usually beat me to it and then put the empty container BACK. The other day I saw we still had some ice cream in the freezer so I figured after the kids went to bed I'd have some. Well I took the container out and there was about a tablespoon worth in there.

I know they ate it too...because there were fork marks in it and they don't have the patience to let it defrost some so they can scoop it easily...they just stab the fork into it and eat it from the carton...cavemen I tell ya!

Old 11-14-2011, 12:25 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post

The two older boys will usually beat me to it and then put the empty container BACK. The other day I saw we still had some ice cream in the freezer so I figured after the kids went to bed I'd have some. Well I took the container out and there was about a tablespoon worth in there.

I know they ate it too...because there were fork marks in it and they don't have the patience to let it defrost some so they can scoop it easily...they just stab the fork into it and eat it from the carton...cavemen I tell ya!
Boy no kidding! When my boys got to about the age of yours and right on through high school they were like locusts. A couple hours after dinner they would be in the kitchen scavenging. Leftovers were not left over for long. And yeah, whats up with putting an empty cereal box back in the pantry and then complaining when there is no cereal. Only three empty boxes which I guess we should have figured out were empty using our spidey parent sense?

Old 11-14-2011, 12:36 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
The Y is more expensive than Planet Fitness, but I was getting bored with the set up PF has and the Y has more variety. I was hoping it would spark my motivation again, which it did briefly. I don't know if it's me, the impending doomsday move, this s****y job, or any combination of the three.
And now eating season is upon us!
I used to eat a whole birthday cake for my birthday, not all at once, usually over the period of a week. Now, I'll just go somewhere where I can buy a slice of a sweet treat. A whole cheesecake in my house is a dangerous, dangerous thing.

I had/have a free YMCA card. I was the mechanical maintenance supervisor for a large YMCA. It had,

2-boiler rooms/pump rooms
1-gas,liquid,dry chlorine room
3-pools-1 indoor
2-large jacuzzi
2-steam rooms
2-sauna
6-racquetball courts
4-weight rooms

Gold&Blue Men's & Gold&Blue Women's Health Centers

It was a hellofa lot of work.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:46 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
I had/have a free YMCA card. I was the mechanical maintenance supervisor for a large YMCA. It had,

2-boiler rooms/pump rooms
1-gas,liquid,dry chlorine room
3-pools-1 indoor
2-large jacuzzi
2-steam rooms
2-sauna
6-racquetball courts
4-weight rooms

Gold&Blue Men's & Gold&Blue Women's Health Centers

It was a hellofa lot of work.
Ours doesn't have a raquetball court........hmmm, but you might be on to something.

Old 11-14-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Ours doesn't have a raquetball court........hmmm, but you might be on to something.
Do you play racquetball? I was taking lessons at the gym I went to. It's kind of fun but the safety glasses are quite dorky!

Old 11-14-2011, 03:48 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Quote:
Do you play racquetball? I was taking lessons at the gym I went to. It's kind of fun but the safety glasses are quite dorky!
I don't, not that I wouldn't try. Hawk's comment reminded me the Y in High Point has raquetball courts, but this one doesn't.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:14 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,570,961 times
Quote:

This is so funny!
I don't what it is but I think all parents go through this experience with boys. What gets me is when you ask them who did it and the answer is always, "NOT ME MA!!!"
Now my son is going through the same thing with his boys and we talk about it with fondness.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
This is so funny!
I don't what it is but I think all parents go through this experience with boys. What gets me is when you ask them who did it and the answer is always, "NOT ME MA!!!"
Now my son is going through the same thing with his boys and we talk about it with fondness.
See now mine will own up to it...and then say "but I left some for you!"...

like crab said, it's the empty cereal boxes too...a few pieces of cereal left in the box and they think they have done good.."but I left you some!"...yeah, 4 squares of cinnamon life!

Old 11-14-2011, 04:21 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
So good to be at home.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
So good to be at home.
as opposed to work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships