Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2011, 04:57 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Rum and coke after dinner

Dinner must be made though.
Whatcha making?

My husband took the coconut rum out. I'm having coffee...tempted to add some rum to it though.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:11 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,011,414 times
lol Thanks ans. I'm not sure there is even a place around here one could buy a spice that isn't powdered. But yeah, its homemade. I have onions and green pepper in there and then they also called for some garlic powder and onion powder in the sauce as well which you start while the meat is browning. I used rib eye steak. What else, hmmmm, chili powder, something else the recipe called for that I'm missing. I have also added cumin now. That seemed to help a lot. I buffed up the chili powder at the same time. Giving er a little more simmer time and I'm going to taste test again. I think per your suggestion if its not there yet I may try dicing some garlic up and adding that. Dont have celery on hand and I'm past store run time now.

Not that I'm going to need to eat when its done. I'm starting to get full from tasting it. lol

Old 11-11-2011, 05:15 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Whatcha making?

My husband took the coconut rum out. I'm having coffee...tempted to add some rum to it though.
we're just doing pizza tonight.

He's a gamer junkie, and he's playing in the star wars beta, and he wants pizza lol.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Not that I'm going to need to eat when its done. I'm starting to get full from tasting it. lol
I would be big as a house if I didn't have my kids as taste testers. My 11yr old is very helpful and he can tell when something is "missing" from a recipe. He can even offer realistic suggestions to improve something.

They ALL want to be taste testers when it's baked goods or desserts...even when I don't ask for a taste-tester.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
I would be big as a house if I didn't have my kids as taste testers. My 11yr old is very helpful and he can tell when something is "missing" from a recipe. He can even offer realistic suggestions to improve something.

They ALL want to be taste testers when it's baked goods or desserts...even when I don't ask for a taste-tester.
We sixy, not they. lol At least you don't have to worry about them getting all excitable and pouncing like a man would watching you cook. O_o

Old 11-11-2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
We sixy, not they. lol At least you don't have to worry about them getting all excitable and pouncing like a man would watching you cook. O_o
That is a totally foreign concept...I have no clue what you are talking about.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:52 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,567,451 times
Quote:
lol Thanks ans. I'm not sure there is even a place around here one could buy a spice that isn't powdered. But yeah, its homemade. I have onions and green pepper in there and then they also called for some garlic powder and onion powder in the sauce as well which you start while the meat is browning. I used rib eye steak. What else, hmmmm, chili powder, something else the recipe called for that I'm missing. I have also added cumin now. That seemed to help a lot. I buffed up the chili powder at the same time. Giving er a little more simmer time and I'm going to taste test again. I think per your suggestion if its not there yet I may try dicing some garlic up and adding that. Dont have celery on hand and I'm past store run time now.

Did I read your post right...RIB EYE? I don't indulge in red meat much...but rib eye steak makes me forget why I don't...

I just realized that this kind of post was why I got some flak...by appearing wishy-washy!!! I did it again, LOL!!!

Last edited by ans57; 11-11-2011 at 06:02 PM..

Old 11-11-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Did I read your post right...RIB EYE? I don't indulge in red meat much...but rib eye steak makes me forget why I don't...
I like a nice tender meat in my chili.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:
That is a totally foreign concept...I have no clue what you are talking about.
You, know, where your cooking and the old man gets kinda worked up watching and the next thing you know your not cooking anymore, at least not food.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:06 PM

Quote:
You, know, where your cooking and the old man gets kinda worked up watching and the next thing you know your not cooking anymore, at least not food.
I thought that type of thing just happened in the movies or on TV.

I usually cook in the daytime, but on the weekend, nope...never happened. I guess it doesn't turn him on...lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships