U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-14-2011, 07:14 AM

12,059 posts, read 7,914,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
I don't eat crab either. A long time ago in a galaxy far away I loved it but I did a gig on a catcher/processor somewhere back in the late 80s or so and now just the smell of them cooking is a turnoff to me. I still used to bring home a case or two a year because my wife loved it and I gave a lot of it away. Halibut and cod also. No freezer anymore though so I brought nothing home this year.
At times, on a warm summer nite, i enjoy going crawdadding with my dog pal's, to one of my fav waterway. Put a little nitecrawler ona hook, use a good flashlight, & yank them outta the water, when the dads are hunting close to shore. I've caught 100-200 sometimes, alive. I put them into my basspond, to keep up the population.

I love watching the shooting star's & ufo's. The nite critters are lurking about.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:33 AM

2,603 posts, read 1,179,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I worked at a gym and had free membership. Cancelled my membership when I quit my job otherwise it would have been $70 a month. I would have used it but I just couldn't justify the cost when I could do similar at home for free.

But, with all this cheesecake...maybe it would have been worth it to keep the membership! lol

I used to ONLY eat it on my birthday but now my daughter has decided she wants cheesecake on her birthday too...and of course I coudln't resist!
Homemade cheesecake?

Old 11-14-2011, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Hey, don't be a spoil sport there, Frogbreath.

hohohohoho...

Old 11-14-2011, 08:45 AM

Friday i had some homemade cherry cheesecake...YUM...

Old 11-14-2011, 09:04 AM

For many years i've loved boonie camping/fishing in my motorhome, & finding new beautiful scenery, to be in awe of.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:24 AM

2,603 posts, read 1,179,917 times
You're a lucky man Hawk, you have found your place. Your happiness. Good on you.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:38 AM

10,845 posts, read 5,481,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I worked at a gym and had free membership. Cancelled my membership when I quit my job otherwise it would have been $70 a month. I would have used it but I just couldn't justify the cost when I could do similar at home for free.

But, with all this cheesecake...maybe it would have been worth it to keep the membership! lol

I used to ONLY eat it on my birthday but now my daughter has decided she wants cheesecake on her birthday too...and of course I coudln't resist!
The Y is more expensive than Planet Fitness, but I was getting bored with the set up PF has and the Y has more variety. I was hoping it would spark my motivation again, which it did briefly. I don't know if it's me, the impending doomsday move, this s****y job, or any combination of the three.
And now eating season is upon us!
I used to eat a whole birthday cake for my birthday, not all at once, usually over the period of a week. Now, I'll just go somewhere where I can buy a slice of a sweet treat. A whole cheesecake in my house is a dangerous, dangerous thing.

Old 11-14-2011, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
You're a lucky man Hawk, you have found your place. Your happiness. Good on you.

Thankyou, bro.

Yep, i'm a pretty happy mountain man. I always see beauty with mine eyes.

I love the peace & tranquility living here.

Old 11-14-2011, 11:48 AM

12,402 posts, read 9,374,012 times
Quote:
Now, I'll just go somewhere where I can buy a slice of a sweet treat. A whole cheesecake in my house is a dangerous, dangerous thing.
I'm like this, too. I admire people who can keep sweets or snacks in their homes and be able to be satisfied with a normal portion. Me? I'll eat it until it is gone. I can't have junk around.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:11 PM

10,845 posts, read 5,481,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I'm like this, too. I admire people who can keep sweets or snacks in their homes and be able to be satisfied with a normal portion. Me? I'll eat it until it is gone. I can't have junk around.
I don't admire them at all because one them is my wife and guess what happens.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships