Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 02:26 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,695,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
What's the basis for these sweeping generalizations?
Gotta love generalizations.

Of course this sort of contradicts the generalization that women are much more sensitive and are better listeners than men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 02:28 PM

36,492 posts, read 30,820,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
How come women will listen to other women's problems but don't want to listen to guys' problems and then expect men to listen to their problems?

How come men always are expected to be strong and silent and never vent?

Every and always are your two problem words.

Old 11-04-2011, 02:45 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,178 times
Quote:
This isn't only about dating, just in general when dealing with interactions with women.

Why must men be the ones to always be a good listener.

Women listen to each other's problems but don't support men in general when males have problems.

Maybe this is a societal problem where we lend more support and programs for women.
I think you are either overdoing it, or doing it with the wrong women.

I have found women to be very receptive and supportive when I have problems, more so than men.

Maybe you need to work on your puppy eyes.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:18 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,566,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Cause.....that's the way it was in the cave................
Smarty pants!

Old 11-04-2011, 06:24 PM

346 posts, read 507,328 times
Quote:
How come women will listen to other women's problems but don't want to listen to guys' problems and then expect men to listen to their problems?

Omg! Men have feelings?
Omg! Men have needs?
Who knew!

Many women are not raised to believe or understand that men have feelings or needs. Shame on society and the negative aspects of the feminist movement.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:32 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,522,365 times
Quote:

As a guy myself I think your a bit confused I've found that women like a guy who will confide in them.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:47 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
I have no idea. I listen to a bunch of men ****** and whine all the time. They aren't THAT much different from us. They need to vent too.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:19 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,181,218 times
Quote:
But that's not the right way for a society to keep going.

Males need to vent in a healthy way. That's why I think so many men are in jail and prison in America.
Why aren't you there for your male comrades and why aren't they there for you? Given how you typically speak of women, the responsibility of listening to your problems should be for your pals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
I am female and almost never listen to other women's problems. My friends are all male, always have been. Women's problems are predictable and pretty boring. Men are almost always more interesting and vaired.
So, you're boring and unvaried? Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
As a guy myself I think your a bit confused I've found that women like a guy who will confide in them.
I think this is typically the norm. When something happens with/to my husband I'm always on him with how are you, how do you feel, what's going on? Half the time he's forgotten his own issue before I have.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:53 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,849,982 times
Quote:
No one likes a crybaby.

Quote:
You can discuss issues without coming across like a crybaby.

Also, early on in relationships, it's generally a good idea not to discuss any personal issues, failings, etc. as it leaves a first impression that, well, the guy has problems.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:56 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,130,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
1) Men don't have problems. We have **** we have to deal with.

2) Women don't want to hear about the **** we have to deal with until they are comfortable in the relationship and want us to open up to them.

3) When we don't open up to them, they tend to get upset and that just becomes more **** that we have to deal with.
Well, clam, if you don't want more **** to deal with, open up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships