U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 02:09 PM

42,843 posts, read 54,951,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon Cooper View Post
What is weird is that in some societies, my views would be considered normally. Yet here in the US, I am mocked and called a weirdo.
I don't think so. There is no society I'm aware of (outside of strange cults) where your views would be mainstream.

Old 11-05-2011, 02:14 PM

36 posts, read 23,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDream View Post
Fun and pleasure are in the eye of the beholder. Some people think sex is fun, other people think it is dirty and repulsive. Throughout history, more people thought of sex as a dirty and sinful act, rather then fun and exciting. It was a necessary act to have children and physically connect with your spouse.

I don't think he was boasting about his intellectual prowess, but rather was stating he lives a normal life, but is not interested in sex. Why doesn't he have the right to share his views on sex?? Why is a person so ostracized if they are against sex?

Heroine, Meth and Cocaine are fun, pleasurable as well.. Indeed, people love heroine, meth and cocaine so much, they are willing to sell all their possessions and forget about their family members to get their fix. Does this make it ethical or right, just because it feels good?

No offense, but I think your criticisms are unfounded and more based on your biased views rather than any error with his own. I'm sure a cigarette smoker would get offended if someone came on here saying cigarette smokers stink, pollute the air and sicken others around them. They would say you have no right to share your opinion. Hence, fascism is born!

Just because carnal , lustful and loose sex is the norm of our modern society doesn't make it a good thing. Last I checked, sex has resulted in quite a few bad things you probably would not like to mention: teen pregnancies, broken homes, orphans (come to Uganda where I was if you don't believe me), STDs. Now we are having outbreaks of drug-resistant strains of Gonorrhea, Herpes, HPV and Hepatitis. Oh, did I not mention HIV?? Did you know that Washington DC metro area now has a higher HIV rate than many countries in sub-Saharan Africa??? Yeah, sex has given us so many benefits for the 10-20 minutes of joy it gives us in the bedroom.
Thank you for sticking up for me. That person claims I made an illogical argument. No, there was nothing illogical about it. I simply compared things that people usually find repulsive to sex. What is the difference between finding sex repulsive and roaches repulsive? Nothing illogical about that argument.

Old 11-05-2011, 02:23 PM

42,843 posts, read 54,951,475 times
Quote:
Thank you for sticking up for me. That person claims I made an illogical argument. No, there was nothing illogical about it. I simply compared things that people usually find repulsive to sex. What is the difference between finding sex repulsive and roaches repulsive? Nothing illogical about that argument.
I just don't understand why you need to argue with strangers about whether they find it normal or not and vie for validation. If you're happy living this way, nobody has any problem with it.

Old 11-05-2011, 03:14 PM

531 posts, read 209,386 times
Feelin' a little blue here.

Sex repulsive? Well, I don't know about that. A little dangerous maybe when you're trying to keep your eyes on the road but, repulsive?

I used to think pizza was repulsive. Then I had a taste. Yummy!

Hey op, good thing for you I guess that your parents didn't find sex repulsive now huh?

Old 11-05-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny how? View Post
Feelin' a little blue here.

Sex repulsive? Well, I don't know about that. A little dangerous maybe when you're trying to keep your eyes on the road but, repulsive?

I used to think pizza was repulsive. Then I had a taste. Yummy!

Hey op, good thing for you I guess that your parents didn't find sex repulsive now huh?
Haha yeah I guess .

Old 11-05-2011, 03:35 PM

9,914 posts, read 5,312,816 times
theres probably as many Asexual people out there as their is gays. Then theres another smal percentage of the population who have sex but don't get much pleasure out of it, but still do it anyway.

Old 11-05-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
theres probably as many Asexual people out there as their is gays. Then theres another smal percentage of the population who have sex but don't get much pleasure out of it, but still do it anyway.
Post like these make me feel like less of a freak haha. Yeah I read on the asexual site that some Asexuals have sex, despite not feeling any attraction towards the other party.

Old 11-05-2011, 06:48 PM

24,691 posts, read 19,830,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post

Just a couple of points: If you have a bright, shining career, you might want to rethink using your real name on a forum like this . . . to equate sex with cockroaches is absurd and misguided. We (as a collective species) have an innate repulsion for cockroaches in our DNA, based on negative experiences, no doubt . . .If you read Jung, you could see it as an archetype of a scary monster or something . . .

On the other hand, sex is fun, pleasurable and a core need for the species to propagate . . .there is nothing about sex that is "repulsive" except the sexual perversions of twisted people - but that does not diminish the beauty and pleasure of sex.

You seemed to have missed the fact that sex is pleasurable, otherwise people would not do it. Cockroaches are not pleasurable under any circumstances.

I am surprised that someone who prides himself on intellectual prowess uses such a poor, inappropriate metaphor and illogical argument.

If you don't want to have sex, fine, but don't go onto a public forum and say it is "repulsive," without any explanation as to why you would think this. That is what I suggested needs to be examined. If you are interested in your own psychology, you might wonder WHY you feel this way. It could be that you were abused as an infant, who knows? There has to be a reason.

If you merely were asexual or had a low sex drive, it wouldn't necessarily follow that you would find the idea of sex repulsive.

"Repulsive" is the key word that you should follow to unravel your sexuality.
I didn't know Sheldon was a real person . Lol I'm assuming his name refers to Sheldon Cooper of the Big Bang Theory who is asexual.

You're right, being totally disinterested or repulsed by sex probably means you aren't wired like a 'normal' person, but if can't change it/don't want to change it and are happy being that way, who's to tell who what they should like? I find those religious groups who HAVE these natural urges but suppress them more unnatural.

Having gay sex can be pleasurable, yet people are repulsed by it. Some gay men say they are repulsed by sex with women. It's the way their brains are wired.

If SC was really interested in exploring his sexuality, that's up to him, if it's even possible.

Old 11-05-2011, 08:00 PM

17,983 posts, read 17,742,814 times
Quote:
Ok. I am repulsed by the idea and the act. We are all repulsed and disinterested in things we have never tired. So far, no one has given me a good and logical reason to have sex. I have found out through the course of this thread that I may be Asexual, hence why I said I was heterosexual earlier. I will not be pressured to do something just because everyone else in society is doing it. The question about "touching" myself is too personal on a public forum, sorry. Maybe if you private message me, I will tell some stuff.
=) No problem... Don't be sorry.

Old 11-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Status: "Life gives you what you need to awaken" (set 6 days ago)

8,790 posts, read 6,077,303 times
Anyone who finds sex repulsive is clearly not doing it right
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships