Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 09:09 AM

36 posts, read 50,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I find the smell of cabbage repulsive but I've tried it & I was right it tatse like it smell's like warmed over As! But I had to try it to know for sure.

Do you find the smell of poo repulsive? Would eat your own poo or dog poo? How would you know it is repulsive if you never tried it? Most people are repulsed by many things. Yet, because I find one thing out of all kinds of things repulsive, I am deemed a weirdo. Wow, this is one screwed up society we live in.

(Sorry for getting gross)

Old 11-05-2011, 09:13 AM

354 posts, read 616,512 times
Do I find your disinterest and repulsion for sex normal? NO! Sometimes though, It would be nice to feel the same way.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
There is more than the ooh and the ahh and falling asleep. There is the being that close the person you love. The feeling of almost 'oneness'

OP it sounds like it is the thought of the act and not the actual act, since you have not had sex.

I have to also wonder if you have never touched yourself in that area and thought for a second that it felt good.

I am not trying to be nosy or disgusting or non pg13, I am just wondering.

I really have nothing else to add because I like it just fine, and could not imagine not liking it. With this said, I am not going to also fault someone for being the opposite, but I would want to get to the bottom of it, as some have said, Humans are very sexual creatures..
Ok. I am repulsed by the idea and the act. We are all repulsed and disinterested in things we have never tired. So far, no one has given me a good and logical reason to have sex. I have found out through the course of this thread that I may be Asexual, hence why I said I was heterosexual earlier. I will not be pressured to do something just because everyone else in society is doing it. The question about "touching" myself is too personal on a public forum, sorry. Maybe if you private message me, I will tell some stuff.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:29 AM

After careful consideration I have concluded the following for me:

- I am an Asexual and a Aromantic
- I am NOT weird and I have found several guys on the asexual site who are like me
- I am NOT going to see a therapist
- I am not a mental case, I have been told I am a nice guy. I would give the shirt off my back to help a fellow human being
- I believe my lack of sexuality is actually a good thing now, seeing all the problems sex and relationships cause
- Apparently I am part of the 1% of people who lack sexual feelings
- I will not let people bully me anymore..that's it. I am naturally a passive person and sometimes let people walk all over me. I gotta work on that.
- I have a great life (career, home, great family members, my dog, etc.), why perform an act, that makes no logical sense, if I am doing fine without it?
- I know myself better anyone else, I will not let people tell me I have some aversion disorder when I could apply that same concept to many other things, such as eating roaches or holding a tarantula.
- I may have come onto the wrong forum, I think the asexual site is more accepting of me. I am not told that I have mental issues on that site.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:37 AM

10,567 posts, read 12,781,671 times
First thing you have to realize is that sex is not all about slithering natural lubrication and plumbing. Perhaps you believe as a man that your purpose is to "stick it in" - There is more to a woman than her genital area. It could be that you inheritied a value system ...or came from a family where there was no true love. Love is about tenderness - about that soft and delicate kiss - the gentle and angelic caress.

If you believe that you as a man have a duty to "penetrate" and ejaculate..Then some where along the line you had bad training. Sex would be repulsive if it were done in an animal manner. My advice as far as the opposite sex is NOT to think of sex when in the company of a woman - Think of her..think of who she is...admire and bath in her beauty - in her devine spirit......then if sex happens it will NOT be repulsive.

Or in the alternative...you might just be a twit..not capable intellectually or spiritually to understand that angelic love does exist...and if the angels on earth have sex with you - it is an extra little blessing....ALSO remember what sex is primarily for - to make you god like - and it grants the ability to create other human beings...Every woman that I ever had sex with _ I was willing to take on the responsiblity of rearing any child that might result...cos - I am a MAN.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:58 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,346,241 times
Excuse me, but hahahahahaha....pause hahahahahahaha...alright i'm done now. Carry on!

Old 11-05-2011, 10:00 AM

9,001 posts, read 10,145,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon Cooper View Post
After careful consideration I have concluded the following for me:

- I am an Asexual and a Aromantic
- I am NOT weird and I have found several guys on the asexual site who are like me
- I am NOT going to see a therapist
- I am not a mental case, I have been told I am a nice guy. I would give the shirt off my back to help a fellow human being
- I believe my lack of sexuality is actually a good thing now, seeing all the problems sex and relationships cause
- Apparently I am part of the 1% of people who lack sexual feelings
- I will not let people bully me anymore..that's it. I am naturally a passive person and sometimes let people walk all over me. I gotta work on that.
- I have a great life (career, home, great family members, my dog, etc.), why perform an act, that makes no logical sense, if I am doing fine without it?
- I know myself better anyone else, I will not let people tell me I have some aversion disorder when I could apply that same concept to many other things, such as eating roaches or holding a tarantula.
- I may have come onto the wrong forum, I think the asexual site is more accepting of me. I am not told that I have mental issues on that site.
Haven't read every page but I do know of a guy that doesn't have sex. He is a very straight laced Christian and probably will not ever have sex for the rest of his life; he has no desires to be in a relationship, ever. (Btw, he's a decent looking guy, too) Can't explain it, because I just don't get it- but to each his own

Old 11-05-2011, 10:08 AM

405 posts, read 1,277,210 times
Sheldon, I know you are an atheist, but many of the heroes in my religion (which I won't discuss in any detail) were celibate men. This is a sex-crazed society where people worship flesh and carnality. The greatest hero in my life was a man who was celibate, never having sex with women. SO, I want to let you know that you should be proud of the fact you are not sex-crazed and live a peaceful, happy life as a celibate man. I want to congratulate you and encourage you to keep this life. Obviously, you may have questioned yourself, which is why you posted on the city data relationship thread.

The only thing I hope though is that you are not inwardly lonely and want a mate, but fear a relationship because of sex-related issues. Obviously, American women are very sex-crazed and wouldn't commit to a man who wouldn't want to have sex often. However, there are some women out there who cherish a man for his heart and would be willing to a more spiritual, rather than carnal relationship. As for me, I hope when I marry, if I marry, that I and my wife would be able to have a marriage that does not revolve around sex. Having sex once a week to me is enough and never during menstruation.

If you are happy with non-conjugal relations with women, then I think you have no issues and can live like many other celibate monks, priests, sages and businessmen (like me) around the world. Look at Sadhu men in India who spend their life wandering the mountains naked and never have any sexual relations with women. Many Buddhist monks take celibacy vows, as well as Catholics. A group called the Essene Jews were also known for being anti-sex, except procreation. Many of them never had intercourse with women.

Sheldon, you may also be interested to talk with a ultra-Orthodox Hasidic rabbi, not about religion, but to share your views on sexual matters. The religious Hasidic Jews are also very repulsed by sex. The Hasids are not allowed to look at their spouses naked bodies. When they have sex, they put a sheet between them and the spouse and cut a hole in the sheet where the genitals meet. They have sex only for procreation, as for as I know. Anyway, if you were to talk with them, you may find many like-minded individuals. It is good to be able to relate to somebody, even if you don't share religious beliefs. You can just know you are not alone with your views.

I am trying to train my mind to hate sex. To me carnal sex is the downfall of this society. People are behaving like animals and running to their hormonal urges and have little shame or decency. Whatever happen to the days when people were civil, modest and had self-control and respect?

Old 11-05-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDream View Post
Sheldon, I know you are an atheist, but many of the heroes in my religion (which I won't discuss in any detail) were celibate men. This is a sex-crazed society where people worship flesh and carnality. The greatest hero in my life was a man who was celibate, never having sex with women. SO, I want to let you know that you should be proud of the fact you are not sex-crazed and live a peaceful, happy life as a celibate man. I want to congratulate you and encourage you to keep this life. Obviously, you may have questioned yourself, which is why you posted on the city data relationship thread.

The only thing I hope though is that you are not inwardly lonely and want a mate, but fear a relationship because of sex-related issues. Obviously, American women are very sex-crazed and wouldn't commit to a man who wouldn't want to have sex often. However, there are some women out there who cherish a man for his heart and would be willing to a more spiritual, rather than carnal relationship. As for me, I hope when I marry, if I marry, that I and my wife would be able to have a marriage that does not revolve around sex. Having sex once a week to me is enough and never during menstruation.

If you are happy with non-conjugal relations with women, then I think you have no issues and can live like many other celibate monks, priests, sages and businessmen (like me) around the world. Look at Sadhu men in India who spend their life wandering the mountains naked and never have any sexual relations with women. Many Buddhist monks take celibacy vows, as well as Catholics. A group called the Essene Jews were also known for being anti-sex, except procreation. Many of them never had intercourse with women.

Sheldon, you may also be interested to talk with a ultra-Orthodox Hasidic rabbi, not about religion, but to share your views on sexual matters. The religious Hasidic Jews are also very repulsed by sex. The Hasids are not allowed to look at their spouses naked bodies. When they have sex, they put a sheet between them and the spouse and cut a hole in the sheet where the genitals meet. They have sex only for procreation, as for as I know. Anyway, if you were to talk with them, you may find many like-minded individuals. It is good to be able to relate to somebody, even if you don't share religious beliefs. You can just know you are not alone with your views.

I am trying to train my mind to hate sex. To me carnal sex is the downfall of this society. People are behaving like animals and running to their hormonal urges and have little shame or decency. Whatever happen to the days when people were civil, modest and had self-control and respect?
Thank you showing maturity in your post. The idea of visiting a rabbi would not be a bad idea. What is weird is that in some societies, my views would be considered normally. Yet here in the US, I am mocked and called a weirdo. I see now that the term "weirdo" or "normal" are very subjective terms. I have to say, I am deeply disturbed by how sex crazed people are these days. Society seems to purse superficiality instead of intellectual pursuits. Seems to me that people have sex without even thinking about why they are doing it also. Sex also makes no logical sense to me. I have to ask you though, is the "sexual urge" as strong as people say it is? I often wonder if people actually ask themselves why they are having sex. Good luck on training your mind to hate sex.

Old 11-05-2011, 10:34 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,692,835 times
I was always under the impression that an asexual was a person who wasn't attracted to either sex, not a person who finds women attractive but is repulsed by the idea of sex.

Thinking about it, I can kind of see how the idea of sex may be repulsive to some. I'm repulsed by the idea of sex when it comes to probably 75% of the women I see. Another 20% I'm not interested in sexually even if the idea isn't entirely repulsive. But the other 5%...oh boy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships