Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 03:11 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
"society" isn't "making it gay" for men to be friends, YOU ARE.
Really...guys are always friends with other guys and hang out with eachother...what is your problem!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 03:15 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,120,864 times
Quote:
Is bromance like going to the mall with another dude to go shopping for new clothes?
There's plenty of homoerotic potential there (he said half-jokingly ).

Old 11-08-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Really...guys are always friends with other guys and hang out with eachother...what is your problem!
Men hang out with other men and usually there's no big gaylord dilemma. I think the gaylord dilemma happens when a man in the company of other men gets paranoid about what might be his own nascent homosexuality. Is it situational? Maybe. Can a heterosexual man have a man-crush on another man? I know I have. But I'm not gay.

Old 11-08-2011, 03:26 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Men hang out with other men and usually there's no big gaylord dilemma. I think the gaylord dilemma happens when a man in the company of other men gets paranoid about what might be his own nascent homosexuality. Is it situational? Maybe. Can a heterosexual man have a man-crush on another man? I know I have. But I'm not gay.
What? How is that possible? Could you explain this whole "man-crush" tag to me? Its not a part of my vocabulary so i really dont know what it means?

Old 11-08-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
What? How is that possible? Could you explain this whole "man-crush" tag to me? Its not a part of my vocabulary so i really dont know what it means?

Once again, Seinfeld takes it away to explain akwardly hilarious aspects of modern life. Enjoy.

Seinfeld Clip - George's Male-Crush On Tony - YouTube

Old 11-08-2011, 03:47 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times
Got it...thanks

Old 11-08-2011, 04:46 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
I'm not sure I get this the OP won't hang out with a gay guy because society says it's bad?? As a straight make I have just as many gay friend's of each gender as I do straight. I hang out with them with no thought to what society (whatever that mean's) think's.

Some people really need to get over what other's might or might not think about them.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:42 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,949,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Had a party at my place last night and some random dude came over, friend of friend. So I noticed his class ring and he clearly went to VT and I found out we literally had everything in common. We talked for like 2 or 3 hours and hung out the entire time, totally platonic by the way (I know I've posted some "bicurous" threads here so just know it's 100% platonic). So the party ends and it's like an awkward "nice meeting you, I want to give you my number but don't want to come off as weird so hopefully I bump into you again."

I'm totally in need of some bro-time but can't get over the concept that I might be perceived as weird.
Go for it, give a number and add a line like "I like you cologne", to makes sure it stays platonic

Old 11-08-2011, 09:49 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,487,090 times
Quote:
Had a party at my place last night and some random dude came over, friend of friend. So I noticed his class ring and he clearly went to VT and I found out we literally had everything in common. We talked for like 2 or 3 hours and hung out the entire time, totally platonic by the way (I know I've posted some "bicurous" threads here so just know it's 100% platonic). So the party ends and it's like an awkward "nice meeting you, I want to give you my number but don't want to come off as weird so hopefully I bump into you again."

I'm totally in need of some bro-time but can't get over the concept that I might be perceived as weird.
I've done it before. It's not weird. Those who think it is wish they would have the guts to do this and/or weren't so anti-social so that they wouldn't have to sit alone at home all day long. I msut say that I never asked for the number right away. You don't know that guy. But I've been asked and asked for their number after I had met them 2-3 times. Anyway, If I thought he was cool, I'd do it anyway. For me, it just takes time to find out. Btw. I read this guy's ( below ) comment after I wrote this, but he totally proves my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Not trying to judge the OP but I think this whole thing is kind of weird. I do not have any male friends, I find most guys my age really dumb, immature and I really don't know what a "bromance" is, and maybe I don't want to know.

Is bromance like going to the mall with another dude to go shopping for new clothes?

I am sorry but society is trying so hard to water down homosexuality and keeps coming up with these "cute" terms to describe something that is obviously homosexual in nature, by reading your thread, I would think you are at least bisexual.
Ya, I am not surprised you don't have any friends. Nobody will think you are sane when you think men who have male friends are gay. And nobody wants to befriend the insane. Seriously, nobody does.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:42 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:

But if you had nothing but female friends, then what would that say about you? If you had both male and female friend in equal measure, then what would that say?

Get over it.

[not everything is sexual or romantic in nature]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships