Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 06:52 PM

41 posts, read 47,024 times

Advertisements

Don't do it until you feel ready, then don't do it anyway. It'll mess with your relationship & your head.

If you find a women whom you love enough to get married then sex will be a amazing fulfilling bonus. If your 100% commited to each other you'll have the best sex life ever, so just wait.

I am never giving it up again...hmm yes reformed. I know this cos I am sitting here balling my eyes out.

Sorry prob just a rant on my part & no doubt all a load of bulls...hit. Move on past this reply
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 07:03 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,357,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELLE1180 View Post
Don't do it until you feel ready, then don't do it anyway. It'll mess with your relationship & your head.

If you find a women whom you love enough to get married then sex will be a amazing fulfilling bonus. If your 100% commited to each other you'll have the best sex life ever, so just wait.

I am never giving it up again...hmm yes reformed. I know this cos I am sitting here balling my eyes out.

Sorry prob just a rant on my part & no doubt all a load of bulls...hit. Move on past this reply
She will Not right now but trust me, she definitely will....

Belle its okay, he'll be back or you'll meet someone better. Wipe your tears and grab some ice cream.

Old 11-05-2011, 07:07 PM

1,738 posts, read 845,679 times
Well, Badger- I can tell you this: while making love to someone that you are IN LOVE with is a beautiful and important part of the relationship- having a sexual relationship with someone you have just begun to get to know will put a whole new spin on the relationship, and not necessarily a good one, either. If she is of the same religion as yourself- then she may have certain expectations that will come with the "gift" that she gives to you. And if she isn't and/or sex is not new to her- how will YOU feel when it's over if she is not "the one"? Will you be okay with the guilt of not saving yourself for your eventual wife?

If you are prepared for ANY possible consequence of having pre-marital sex with this girl and can live with the guilt of breaking a covenant with your church and of potentially disappointing (or worse) your future bride--- go ahead (USE A CONDOM.) But, Sweetie- the fact that you are asking us already tells me that God has spoken to you and put the doubt about what you are considering on your heart. More than anything--- wil you be okay with YOURSELF if you do this now?

Old 11-05-2011, 07:10 PM

41 posts, read 47,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
She will Not right now but trust me, she definitely will....

Belle its okay, he'll be back or you'll meet someone better. Wipe your tears and grab some ice cream.
I hate ice cream. No he won't be back. I will not do the same thing again. Tried dating after the relationship with father of my beautiful son ended and guess what it's not worth it. Its my boy & I from now on.

Back to the original thread.

Old 11-05-2011, 07:10 PM

607 posts, read 855,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by js1mom View Post
Well, Badger- I can tell you this: while making love to someone that you are IN LOVE with is a beautiful and important part of the relationship- having a sexual relationship with someone you have just begun to get to know will put a whole new spin on the relationship, and not necessarily a good one, either. If she is of the same religion as yourself- then she may have certain expectations that will come with the "gift" that she gives to you. And if she isn't and/or sex is not new to her- how will YOU feel when it's over if she is not "the one"? Will you be okay with the guilt of not saving yourself for your eventual wife?

If you are prepared for ANY possible consequence of having pre-marital sex with this girl and can live with the guilt of breaking a covenant with your church and of potentially disappointing (or worse) your future bride--- go ahead (USE A CONDOM.) But, Sweetie- the fact that you are asking us already tells me that God has spoken to you and put the doubt about what you are considering on your heart. More than anything--- wil you be okay with YOURSELF if you do this now?
Thank you. This is very helpful.

Am I a hypocrite if I don't have an issue with oral sex?

Old 11-05-2011, 07:14 PM

1,738 posts, read 845,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Someone please give this fellow a cookie

see what i mean OP. Do you want to sound like this guy? Come on...do it!
And do you REALLY want to sound and be like THIS guy????

Old 11-05-2011, 07:19 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,321,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post
Thank you. This is very helpful.

Am I a hypocrite if I don't have an issue with oral sex?
Well, oral sex is still sex.

Old 11-05-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Well, oral sex is still sex.
I guess I disagree.

Old 11-05-2011, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by js1mom View Post
And do you REALLY want to sound and be like THIS guy????
lol no. i didnt play any mind to that comment.

Old 11-05-2011, 07:34 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,683,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post
Hello, everyone.

I am a 22 year old male, who believes in God, and follows my religion. For instance, it prohibits alcohol and drugs, and I follow this rule. The reason I follow this, is because I believe alcohol and drugs to be harmful However, my religion, which I would rather not disclose here, says no sex before marriage. Sex, IMO is not harmful.

I am wondering everyone's thoughts on this?

I don't understand if 2 consenting adults are being safe; why that is considered "bad."

The reason I ask, is because I have been seeing this woman recently. I really like her, and I assume sex is going to come soon.

I've always told myself I would first have sex with someone I really liked; not a 1 night stand with a drunk woman.

Well, here am I faced with this dilemma.

Any thoughts would be helpful!
Here is the short answer: It's not bad unless you believe it is.

Religion--the way I look at it--is between you and your god. And that is all. If you don't believe it's bad, then you are free to overlook that part of your religion, and doing so does not preclude you from believing the rest of it (as you already articulated with drugs and alcohol). If you want to have sex, then nothing is stopping you. Reconcile that with your religion however it works for you. I think getting to know a person before marriage is an important part of knowing whether you have the right person. It's not a requirement, but I think it helps out a lot.

This is just a theory, but I believe that some religions strongly discourage (or outright prohibit) premarital sex to coerce the flock to get married ASAP. That's not the only reason, but it's one. Once married, if you are having sex, you'll get some kids pretty soon, and then they'll be members of the same religion. Then repeat the cycle.

Anyway, I don't think that anyone can tell you if it's right or wrong for you, but if you can handle your religion while perhaps not living exactly by the book, then you'll be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships