Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2011, 10:46 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,553,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I guess we just aren't hanging around the right people. I guess I should try finding some more bitter, angry people to hang out with - then I guess this kind of trash would make more sense to me.
There is precious little barfed forth on this forum, as far as quite a few posters are concerned, that comes anywhere near resembling any actual real-life discussions or interactions that I've ever had, that's for sure. The temptation to spew forth untempered idiocy is a lot greater when you're not face-to-face with a general populace who would look at you like you had three heads and walk away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 05:29 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,185,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tegota View Post
You're absolutely correct. In that we all tend to live in our own "bubbles" or frames of references. One can go ten miles in any given direction; and what individuals have agreed upon as being socially acceptable behavior/conversation. Differs, or common words take on slightly differing nuiances.
Given this fact it makes no sense, then, to generalize the genders. Especially in a negative way, but that's what people do.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:54 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,342,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Given this fact it makes no sense, then, to generalize the genders. Especially in a negative way, but that's what people do.
I agree. I said this on another thread, but pretty much every problem brought up on the relationship forum can be solved by not hanging out with society's dregs. That includes the cheaters, the golddiggers, the game players, the boss hogs, etc.

Many of these discussions baffle me because I don't associate with people who act like that.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:06 AM

3,006 posts, read 3,869,664 times
1. Only fuglies are available
2. All the fit available ones are crazy
3. Not enough money

Old 11-07-2011, 08:27 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,265,486 times
Quote:
Eating cereal for dinner? lol I have yet to date a woman of my generation that can outcook me. All of my married male friends, most definately know how to cook where some have wives that cannot or will not cook at all.
ZOOOOOOOOM, right over your head. Many, many women do not WANT a big meal, and would be happy with a bowl of soup or cereal, without some man nagging them about dinner. Heaven forbid a woman is around between the hours of 5:30 and 8:00. "What's for dinner? Oh, you don't want to cook? Okay, we'll go out. You don't want to go out? Okay, let's order in. No? Not in the mood? Okay, well, I can cook then. Wait, what do you mean you're not hungry? But what are we going to do for dinner then?"

Your post is indicative of someone who takes himself and these boards entirely too seriously. Thanks for saving someone in the sistahood the trouble of divorcing you.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:04 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,688,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
ZOOOOOOOOM, right over your head. Many, many women do not WANT a big meal, and would be happy with a bowl of soup or cereal, without some man nagging them about dinner. Heaven forbid a woman is around between the hours of 5:30 and 8:00. "What's for dinner? Oh, you don't want to cook? Okay, we'll go out. You don't want to go out? Okay, let's order in. No? Not in the mood? Okay, well, I can cook then. Wait, what do you mean you're not hungry? But what are we going to do for dinner then?"

Your post is indicative of someone who takes himself and these boards entirely too seriously. Thanks for saving someone in the sistahood the trouble of divorcing you.
you people need bigger appetites

Old 11-07-2011, 10:56 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,160,393 times
Quote:
You're absolutely correct. In that we all tend to live in our own "bubbles" or frames of references. One can go ten miles in any given direction; and what individuals have agreed upon as being socially acceptable behavior/conversation. Differs, or common words take on slightly differing nuiances.
The differences I'm talking about have little to do with geography and more to do with types of people. I'm a nice, friendly, positive person. Most of my friends - whether single, involved, or married - are also nice, friendly, positive people. I think you attract what you put out there. If you are filled with sourness and bitterness - that is probably what you will attract.

And words like nag and whine and so forth are pretty much considered negatives wherever you go.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:57 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,160,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I agree. I said this on another thread, but pretty much every problem brought up on the relationship forum can be solved by not hanging out with society's dregs. That includes the cheaters, the golddiggers, the game players, the boss hogs, etc.

Many of these discussions baffle me because I don't associate with people who act like that.
Exactly.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:11 PM

479 posts, read 835,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post

oh, but

You sound like such a "prize catch."

Old 11-07-2011, 07:40 PM

479 posts, read 835,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
The differences I'm talking about have little to do with geography and more to do with types of people. I'm a nice, friendly, positive person. Most of my friends - whether single, involved, or married - are also nice, friendly, positive people. I think you attract what you put out there. If you are filled with sourness and bitterness - that is probably what you will attract.

And words like nag and whine and so forth are pretty much considered negatives wherever you go.
Even nice, friendly, positive people are human and are capable of some pretty horrendous behavior under the right circumstance.

The article is written for a demographic audience of 20-something; college aged and/or city dwelling males. Based upon elements of their post and comments on Askmen.com.

Strong marriages create happy families. Happy families are important to society. Some of us, simply prefer not to do those things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships