U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-09-2011, 02:22 PM

1,296 posts, read 1,195,522 times

Advertisements

Most of those issues are due to the result of marrying the wrong person. Marriage itself isn't really the problem.

Really, some of those things listed are ridiculous. If man chooses to marry a women insisting on a $10,000 ring to show off, then he's an idiot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 02:23 PM

11,268 posts, read 11,183,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC
Really, women donít need to put any effort or money to have sex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole
Really, you can repeat that phrase as many times as you like (which seems to be a staple in your posts), but that doesn't make it true.

Quote:
Men KNOW that it is true. Women are too embarrassed to admit it.
Maybe true for skanks that dont care what nasty dude they crawl in bed with, but normal woman put effort into it. They want to attract the most attractive man to bed and there is often competition for that. Thats why the fashion and cosmetic industry is aimed at women.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:30 PM

5,083 posts, read 2,498,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But you're still operating under the assumption that "getting sex" is the ultimate thing that women want from men, and for the most part it isn't. So, fine, it may be easier for a woman to "get sex", but if what she wants is a good relationship with a compatible partner, being able to have sex with any willing guy isn't any sort of benefit.
Great point!

If the goal on both sides is "just sex", then the comment about how women don't have to do anything to get it seems to be more of a slam against men. It comes across as a woman just has to be breathing for a male to want her...and why wouldn't a man have higher standards than that?

Old 11-09-2011, 02:32 PM

5,045 posts, read 2,840,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But you're still operating under the assumption that "getting sex" is the ultimate thing that women want from men, and for the most part it isn't
Uuuuh no. I am saying that when women want to have sex, theyíll have it. They wonít need to wine/dine a man, take him out, send him gifts, spend money on him, or do whatever to CONVINCE him to have sex compared to all the hoops men do have to jump through to have a woman accept to have sex with him. Women are the gatekeepers of sex pretty much.

As for looking for a relationship or not, thatís another topic. Women get sex easier than men, thatís it.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:35 PM

5,045 posts, read 2,840,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Great point!

If the goal on both sides is "just sex", then the comment about how women don't have to do anything to get it seems to be more of a slam against men. It comes across as a woman just has to be breathing for a male to want her...and why wouldn't a man have higher standards than that?
Men having higher standards or not I think you are getting the point on how it's easier for you to have sex just for the fact that you are a woman. You will not have to do anything for it really, no effort nor money needed. It doesn't make women bad or anything. It just works your way .

Old 11-09-2011, 02:36 PM

1,301 posts, read 1,544,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Uuuuh no. I am saying that when women want to have sex, theyíll have it. They wonít need to wine/dine a man, take him out, send him gifts, spend money on him, or do whatever to CONVINCE him to have sex compared to all the hoops men do have to jump through to have a woman accept to have sex with him. Women are the gatekeepers of sex pretty much.

As for looking for a relationship or not, thatís another topic. Women get sex easier than men, thatís it.
Uh DUH because women have a vagina. Get over it.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:48 PM

1,557 posts, read 2,589,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
Men KNOW that it is true. Women are too embarrassed to admit it.
It is absolutely true. Some women may privately confide this to you. A woman I was sexually involved with and still shows some level of care for me lets me in her personal life enough to admit to me that the above is positively true. I don't think anyone is arguing the veracity of the above, except women who deny it, IN PUBLIC.

The reason this is an important contention point is that such disparity in access to sex may actually be one of those "chicken or the egg" dynamics. This is to say, men are accused of being more sexually demanding than women, where women are much more temperate in their discretion to have sex. It could be asserted based on this disparity of access that the only reason women have THE DISCRETION to associate sex with higher order needs is because of the very expanded access to sex they enjoy in the first place and NOT because they're more righteous like they believe themselves to be, thence making it [sex] less primal to their decision making process when it comes to companionship. If I had the same discretionary access to sex women enjoy, I too would be sitting on my high horse declaring my altruistic and exclusionary reasons for pursuing sex for higher order reasons than physical release. Make no mistake, women have their physical release MET, men don't. This makes for an uneven playing field at the dinner table, which yields said miscommunication and the appearance that men and women's motivations in relating to each other are of an antagonistic nature.

You can't discuss higher order needs with another person when that person doesn't have their lower tier basic needs met. Basic Maslow's Hierarchy. I can't talk to you about marriage and fundamental reasons for establishing a relationship, when I'm in a life situation where I am not meeting my basic needs. This ex-sexual partner of mine doesn't have that problem. Her concern is that all men she meets want sex as a primary motivation. Go figure. She doesn't feel she should be the female equivalent to the side F--- buddies she keeps herself for this very primal and temporal purpose. She expects virtue from the men she seeks for life companionship while never giving a thought about the men she uses for sexual release, but then gets miffed when there is the mere suggestion she could be that very 'side plate' for a man looking for the same level of primal access to sex as she enjoys in her private life. It's completely hypocritical of women, which is why they'll never admit to it in public.

In essence, if women had to cough up the same level of effort in attaining sex [and lets debunk this already, women have the same sexual need for release and pleasure as men, enough said about that, their tendency to associate nesting feelings with sex arises ONLY out of the fact they have the discretion to do it, i.e. they're not starving for release at that point like men are] as men, they would be as picky and non-committal about marriage and monogamy as the male archetype they accuse. Bottom line, speak to me about altruism when you're starving, not when you're fat dumb and happy and in a position to outlast my own resolve in the matter.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:51 PM

16,241 posts, read 8,644,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post

But you are still acting under the assumption that sex is the goal. If sex weren't the goal - then you wouldn't be talking about the wining, dining, gifts, money, etc.

So what you are saying is that it is the goal of men to have sex. If it weren't - then your whole post would be null and void. So - you are implying that the only reason that men wine and dine women, buy them gifts, etc. - is to get sex out of them. And that all of these things are necessary for a woman to have sex with a man.

I would say this - for certain people, getting sex is easy. For certain people - it isn't. Regardless of gender, some people can get laid whenever they want to, some people can't, and some people are looking for more than just sex.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:54 PM

16,241 posts, read 8,644,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Great point!

Yes! This is what I don't understand! All the men on here are making it seem like men are victims because they can't get sex as easily as women can - when by saying that women can get it whenever they want it but men can't - it makes it sound like men have no standards or morals when it comes to sex. I don't get why they are playing the victim card. Seems to me they are degrading their own gender!

Old 11-09-2011, 02:56 PM

8,681 posts, read 7,637,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tegota View Post
You sound like such a "prize catch."
I've had no problems attracting and keeping good men. I must be doing something right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships