Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2011, 04:10 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Nope. Not what I was talking about. I was talking about your little eyeroll. You have disdain for women on several levels, including what they do when they are alone
This is what you want to say. I could say you have a disdain for men like others in the forum. Just carry on and continue with the debate. Disdain for women who masturbate? That would be almost everyone. I have supported women who come up with threads complaining because their man made an issue about them masturbating.

Quote:
That is probably why you have such a difficult time with them. Women tend to pick up on misogyny
Men can pick up on misandry too. And I don’t have problem with women. I even date americans when I am in the USA.

Quote:
And no, "we" are not talking about how difficult it is for people of either gender to get sex. You are talking about that to the extent that you are hijacking this thread. The article is about different reasons some men prefer to be single. Their alleged ability to have a "sexual smorgasbord" is one of them. There are seven others.
This was brought up when women said men will have more sex once they get married. Which I disagree with and brought my reasons. Interesting how its women who say men are fine with sex when they get married but we don’t hear the same from married men. Sure, there are exceptions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 04:27 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
This was brought up when women said men will have more sex once they get married. Which I disagree with and brought my reasons. Interesting how its women who say men are fine with sex when they get married but we don’t hear the same from married men. Sure, there are exceptions.
Women didn't say it, the studies linked said it. It's not an opinion and it's not anecdotal. It's just reality. It makes no difference who agrees or disagrees with it.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:12 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Women didn't say it, the studies linked said it. It's not an opinion and it's not anecdotal. It's just reality. It makes no difference who agrees or disagrees with it.
I wonder if there's one out there that studies unmarried couples (living together and those not living together) for a year and then compare it with married couples and compare the results.

Last edited by onihC; 11-09-2011 at 05:20 PM..

Old 11-09-2011, 05:45 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
I wonder if there's one out there that studies unmarried couples (living together and those not living together) for a year and then compare it with married couples and compare the results.
You're free to dig up the research if there's any to be found. I'll lend a clue in case you're not sure how to go about it. There are general .com searches in google, as you well know, but those aren't always helpful. It's hit or miss and that's where you will at least find news reports. A lot research can be found at uni's or via pubmed, the NIH, etc. To find something coming from a uni put in your search terms and end the statement with site:.edu. For example, sex and marriage site:.edu. The only results that will populate will be from .edu's. Same for .gov, which is where NIH and gov publications can be found- sex and marriage site:.gov. If you want to find something on a specific site, like census.gov, do a search - divorce and age site:census.gov.

That's not to say it will be easy, but it will make investigations a little easier.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:52 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
The men who prefer to be single probably had a history of very low standard and poor quality relationships with atrociously selfish and greedy women. Just because it's a relationship doesn't mean it's good or high quality or nurturing.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:07 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,307,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
The men who prefer to be single probably had a history of very low standard and poor quality relationships with atrociously selfish and greedy women. Just because it's a relationship doesn't mean it's good or high quality or nurturing.
there are plenty of men who just want to throw down and keep it at that. Men (and women) who are in low quality relationships aren't that perceptive to their own actions that put them in those situations. In places like the states where a good majority of women don't have any redeeming feminine qualities, you have lots of thirsty dudes. You also have a lot of dudes who behave like submissive women. Its a masochistic pairing, with pain comes certain realizations although nowadays the cowardly advice of "its cheaper to keep her" is a bit too prevalent.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:51 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Married people have sex? Hard to believe, Harry.
Not much but they lie about it a lot to researchers. Then Braunwyn reads these flawed studies and tell us all that we are off base...

Old 11-10-2011, 02:12 AM

994 posts, read 1,681,868 times
There are men who have *issues* with women masturbating????? WHYYYYYY????

Old 11-10-2011, 02:48 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,426,017 times
I have issues with women masturbating. It occurs, when they don't invite me to watch or join in.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:14 AM

994 posts, read 1,681,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
I have issues with women masturbating. It occurs, when they don't invite me to watch or join in.
Bahaha good one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships