U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-10-2011, 10:08 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,742,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
True but more people want to be in one than not
Those are people that can't handle being alone, they base their happiness on another person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Only the bad ones.
It also applies to the good ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeeighty2 View Post
I am sorry but I disagree... being alone and single DOES NOT mean you are lonely, or that you have some sort of mental or sexual dysfunction. It simply means you are not ready to be in a long term committed relationship, and contrary to popular believe, being single is OK.
Co-sign. You have more freedom to do what you want with no thought to another person. You don't have the same freedom being in a relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 10:11 PM

16,560 posts, read 9,064,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904 View Post
It also applies to the good ones.

If you had a good relationship - you wouldn't say that. The right person makes your whole life better. If you haven't found that person - you wouldn't understand. There is no way to overrate that kind of happiness. I hope you find it someday!

Old 11-10-2011, 10:32 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,742,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
If you had a good relationship - you wouldn't say that. The right person makes your whole life better. If you haven't found that person - you wouldn't understand. There is no way to overrate that kind of happiness. I hope you find it someday!
Yes, the right person does make your life better; no denying that at all. I'm just saying that relationships are touted as the end-all be all of life. If you aren't with someone, your doomed to sorrow and misery bla bla bla. If you're single, you can have just as good a life as someone in a relationship because all you really need is a good support system, that's it.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:40 PM

16,560 posts, read 9,064,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904 View Post
Yes, the right person does make your life better; no denying that at all. I'm just saying that relationships are touted as the end-all be all of life. If you aren't with someone, your doomed to sorrow and misery bla bla bla. If you're single, you can have just as good a life as someone in a relationship because all you really need is a good support system, that's it.
Gotcha! I think it also depends on the person. I think it's in my nature want to find that special someone - and I did! My favorite aunt was single her whole life - and she was one of the most wonderful people I have ever known. She seemed happy to me! My mother was happily married for a little over 30 years. My father passed away almost 10 years ago and my mother has no plans of ever dating or getting married again. And it's not like she's depressed or anything. She loved my father and knew that he was the right one for her. She's a very happy person with lots of close friends and family members. I know she misses my father but she still has a full life filled with love and laughter.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:55 AM

8,524 posts, read 8,379,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
1. the heartbreak of divorce
2. the expense of divorce ($100,000 and up)
3. the elation to know on the 1st of the month no giant surprises, only bill u get is yours.
4. the onus put on women to behave or stay home that comes with not being married, living alone.
5. the sex you now get, which was non existent when married.
6. you cook and clean less bek u r not "helping her"
7. the baloney factor in life is now limited to your job.
8. old house was a 3 bedroom, 2700 sq ft. but u used to live at the work bench in the garage 36 sq ft, rest of the house was her turf.,, u only now have a granny flat 400 su ft. but its all yours. feels like a mansion.
Huck, I told you in another thread already......you're on a roll

I can't give you reps back to back..........now I'm 2 posts behind.

Keep this up and I'll have to give you all of my earned reps.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegota View Post
LOL yeah, there's always been a purpose for the "tool shed."

I don't know what happened with GenX. But I've known more male friends who cook vs. females I'd dated who were lucky to work a toaster. Holy cow, and I'd cringe if they'd try to "help" with my laundry.

uh, no...please don't try to wash my clothes. Or "scortch" my shirts.
Same here, I cook and sure as hell clean way better than most women. I only need a gal for one thing.......dropping out my shoes at the shoe shine shop. If she does that right, maybe I'll give her "some".

Old 11-11-2011, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
One of the things I love about being single is being able to travel anywhere you want. I went to Europe twice this year and it would have been impossible if I was married and had kids.

Traveling to a new country, meeting new people and experiencing a new culture on your own just does not compare to a stereotypical "family vacation", with wife and kids.

It will take a very, very, very special person for me to want to give up on this lifestyle.

Amen brother!

I'll just stick to dating and leave it at that.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:25 AM

1,891 posts, read 1,312,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
No sane person perferes to be single - unless you have some sort of mental and or sexuall dysfunction. Everybody needs some body...to love...as the song goes. Being alone and single and saying that it is great is like being a stuggling poor person and telling the world it is wonderful - it simply is not!
You've got some mental issues if you truly believe that.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:51 AM

19,081 posts, read 12,666,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Same here, I cook and sure as hell clean way better than most women. I only need a gal for one thing.......dropping out my shoes at the shoe shine shop. If she does that right, maybe I'll give her "some".
How gross to read in the morning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Amen brother!

I'll just stick to dating and leave it at that.
Promise?

Last edited by Braunwyn; 11-11-2011 at 07:09 AM..

Old 11-11-2011, 07:13 AM

1,047 posts, read 847,171 times
The article is on point and I e-mailed a copy of the article to my son.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships