Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 02:18 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,732,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
But if that number of sexual conquests raises above, say, Keanu Reeves' IQ, as did mine...
Heck, that's not such a high number. I've probably eaten more pizzas than that in the last week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 03:56 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,998,362 times
Get a handle on my insecurities and never 'settle'.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:01 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,011,402 times
I'd have allowed cynicism to blossom in my soul one hell of a lot sooner and avoided much of the unnecessary pain I put myself through by wanting to believe when I should have been paying closer attention rather than bending over backward to provide excuses for others.

Never make a priority of someone for whom you are nothing more than an option.

Old 11-06-2011, 09:05 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,757,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealtite View Post
Was she hot? If so, shame on you for not nailing her.
Nope...as vile as she was, I have to give her credit for this at least...she was 100% pre-maritally celibate, as am I (and I respected her wishes, since I feel exactly the same way).

ETA: she was actually pretty hot...but her psycho personality pretty much overruled her looks tho

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 11-06-2011 at 09:31 PM.. Reason: Adds

Old 11-06-2011, 09:29 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,757,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Sounds like painful times for you, & we all have our painful stories of being burned. But don't let it sour you, looking back for too long makes you miss what's ahead...
Thx for the kind words believe007 No worries my friend; I have since moved on I try not to think about that much these days...just sometimes can't help it lol, as I can be rather introspective sometimes

Old 11-06-2011, 09:56 PM

3,734 posts, read 4,544,831 times
I really regret not marrying a dear, sweet, wonderful guy who really cared for me and wanted to marry me when I was in college. At the time, I was too immature to appreciate him. It wasn't until many years had passed, and life had chewed me up and spat me out that I realized that what a treasure I had let slip through my fingers. I never met another man who treated me so well again.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:33 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,186,006 times
I wish I had gone to college after high school. It's not something I dwell on because I wouldn't have my two kids if I had done anything different, but it's something I really pushed my own kids to do.

Old 11-07-2011, 06:06 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,011,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie1249 View Post
I really regret not marrying a dear, sweet, wonderful guy who really cared for me and wanted to marry me when I was in college. At the time, I was too immature to appreciate him. It wasn't until many years had passed, and life had chewed me up and spat me out that I realized that what a treasure I had let slip through my fingers. I never met another man who treated me so well again.

One day my mother and I were driving along the highway and we passed a huge, GORGEOUS home on a hillside which could be described in no other way than "a mansion". As we passed, my mother heaved a sigh which was clearly regretful, and I asked her what was up.

She told me about a guy she went to school with who was intelligent, crazy about her, caring and sweet -- who had a speaking impediment because of something wrong with his front teeth, with the result that although he spoke well enough, he spit a bit when he talked. According to her it "wasn't really even that bad a problem, only a little, but none of us girls took him seriously because of it."

She went on to tell me how this guy had always treated her like a queen and she'd spurned his advances pretty cruelly because of his problem, regardless of his wonderful actions and behaviour.

"He got his teeth fixed after graduation, worked hard and became a success. That's his home up there, and I hear he has a wonderful family. I'm happy for him, but it let me know how stupid I was."

We all live, and some even learn; but virtually none of us get to go back and un-f*** our mistakes.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:00 AM

1,549 posts, read 4,255,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
If I lived my life over again, I would not have married my ex husband. That was a very poor decision on my part. I can't even blame him, as he was always consistent.
Me too..hindsight is a mother I tell ya!

Old 11-07-2011, 07:32 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,942,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi61 View Post
What would you have done differently in your relationships..with time, hindsight and wisdom (hopefully! )
I think if you are going to live in the past and talk about how things could be different your future will turn out bad.

When you put your hand to the plow you don't look back or you will get crooked rows.

Keep making adjustments and keep making them positive.

We all would probably push the do over button and then after some time start day dreaming on how we didn't have it so bad after all and wished we had never hit the do over button in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships