Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 09:04 AM

12 posts, read 27,811 times

Advertisements

Ok what am i doing wrong, 2 relationships! 2 strikes hmmm not sure where i'm going wrong regarding relationships so perhaps you guys can put me right, relationship number 1, I meet a really nice women so we decide to settle down together, 4 years into the marriage she cheats on me!! so once the trust has gone you can't get it back so we divorce,
Relationship number 2, I meet another lady some two years later, everything goes well for another two years then bang it happens again hmmm
Ok i'm no tom cruise but hell i work hard earn a good salary and think i deserve better, i have always respected what my father told me when i was growing up, always protect a lady and never harm them, and thats what i have always done,
So i am relocating to maryland from the uk with a new job, think i will call it a day regarding relationships and take up fishing instead
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2007, 09:10 AM

786 posts, read 1,170,574 times
Not much upside to getting married, is there.

Old 08-26-2007, 09:15 AM

12 posts, read 27,811 times
Not really

Old 08-26-2007, 09:21 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,123,890 times
What irks the crap out of me is when a man thinks he has to "protect" his little lady. No thanks. Does he feel that he has to "protect" his working buddies? Of course not. He treats them as equals. If he has a female supervisor, does he feel he has to "protect" her as the weaker being? If he does, he had better not show it.

Any man that feels that somehow he is the Big Strong Protector and she is the Weak, Helpless Lady, is just asking for trouble. She's going to find someone that treats her as if she had good sense.

Treat everyone, male or female, with respect. Assume everyone, male or female, has a certain amount of dignity and can manage to live without your "protection," whatever that is.

Old 08-26-2007, 09:26 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,834,515 times
I don't think the OP meant any disrespect to women in saying that he believes in protecting his wife. He's not married to his coworkers, or his supervisor. I love my wife, and would protect her from harm if need be, what's wrong with that?

Old 08-26-2007, 09:46 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,123,890 times
Nothing is wrong with that. Nothing at all. And most women would do the same for their husbands. Protect them from harm, not life or the day to day world.

However, some men manage to project this attitude that the woman is the weaker one that NEEDS a man's protecting arm in every way. That is where the problem is. Would you like it if your wife went around with the attitude that her husband would be incapable of functioning if it weren't for her? Unfortunately, many men act exactly that way towards their women.

Old 08-26-2007, 09:53 AM

10 posts, read 41,316 times
Hey jeddie, I'm also a "two-striker", welcome to the club!! One brief marriage (don't think she cheated, but PLENTY of other reasons it wouldn't work) and a 2 1/2 year relationship where she ended up screwing around with some jerk from her distant past while keeping me in limbo (uhh DERRR!).

Thomas Edison said that he had the same reaction to mathematics and women-he could not understand either! What a cool dude!! Believe he mostly slept alone in his laboratory.

Old 08-26-2007, 10:13 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,834,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
Nothing is wrong with that. Nothing at all. And most women would do the same for their husbands. Protect them from harm, not life or the day to day world.

However, some men manage to project this attitude that the woman is the weaker one that NEEDS a man's protecting arm in every way. That is where the problem is. Would you like it if your wife went around with the attitude that her husband would be incapable of functioning if it weren't for her? Unfortunately, many men act exactly that way towards their women.
Well, I don't think the OP meant from life or from the day-to-day world. My wife is perfectly capable of functioning in every aspect of day-to-day life as well or better than any man. I think that the OP meant what he said in exactly the manner that you described; protect her from harm. There are plenty of men that have the cheauvanistic attitude of which you speak, but I think the OP was just trying to say that he respects women, and treats them accordingly.

Old 08-26-2007, 10:52 AM

306 posts, read 1,241,186 times
maybe u are being drawn to the same type of woman..go out of your realm and see what happens..........i always say it hits ya when ya least expect it..Don't give up yet..U sound like a very caring person who has alot to give someone..and a friend first can be a wonderful relationship..and ya fish too..wow.......hey do ya hunt.....we got some great single women up in WV who are looking for a strong caring working man.............

Old 08-26-2007, 11:02 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,042,431 times
jeddie
it would be interesting to see how much in common your 2 exes had.
It's called the "cookie cutter" syndrome.
If your tend to date the same type of woman it maybe time to "step out of the box"
Believe me there are tons of women who would appreciate a really nice guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships