Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 07:48 PM

1,250 posts, read 2,158,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Oh we know that.

Soon as we feel a tremor we know she's gunna blow soon.

We never can say those three letters in a row for why she's being like that.

We also cannot make light of it either...

"Who lit your tampon fuse anyways???"
2 things --

the way you are "making light of it" is just crude. Tell ya what, if a guy I dated talked like that, it would be a short relationship. I would not sit around saying "Nothing's wrong", you would know EXACTLY what's wrong.

Second thing is -- a girl should be able to joke about it, and say "Just leave me alone right now, I'm just having a PMS moment". If he keeps badgering her, he's been warned!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 08:31 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,197,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinmigration View Post
2 things --

the way you are "making light of it" is just crude. Tell ya what, if a guy I dated talked like that, it would be a short relationship. I would not sit around saying "Nothing's wrong", you would know EXACTLY what's wrong.

Second thing is -- a girl should be able to joke about it, and say "Just leave me alone right now, I'm just having a PMS moment". If he keeps badgering her, he's been warned!
Crude, but it was a joke.

Anyways, you may be the exception rather than the rule but please keep in mind that a great majority of women (at least in my personal experience) will either get really pissy and say "nothing's wrong" and then get on a guy's case, or just shut down completely.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:48 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,158,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Crude, but it was a joke.

Anyways, you may be the exception rather than the rule but please keep in mind that a great majority of women (at least in my personal experience) will either get really pissy and say "nothing's wrong" and then get on a guy's case, or just shut down completely.
Doesn't matter -- it was a crude joke. My point being: if he makes jokes like that, no wonder he has relationship problems.

Yeah, I am not much of a 'brooder'. I say my thing and then I'm done and I move on. However, why is it I always wind up dealing with men who pout and brood? It's like -- just say what you mean, and mean what you say. Who has time for sitting around acting all emo.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:46 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
LOL...I've used "fine" before...but mostly I'll say "I don't know".

Typically, it IS something I'm willing to talk about but it's too soon to discuss because I haven't got it figured out in my head yet.

I don't go ballistic on someone though, for not reading my mind.

Thankfully my husband learned long ago that I will come to him when I'm ready, but if he keeps nagging me to talk about it and I'm not ready, I have gotten pissy with him. Sometimes "I don't know" means just that.
This. My BF, too, has learned that sometimes, he just has to wait until I know how to verbalize what I am thinking.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:25 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Every guy knows what I'm talking about. You've probably had a girl at some point in your life who is very obviously upset about something, and when you ask her about it she says everything's fine.

You then either keep pressing the question and she flips out at you, or you shrug it off because she DID say she was fine, and she blows up at you a few hours later saying you never care about her emotions.

Why the hell does that happen? If a person is upset they should just talk about it, or not act hurt when they say they're fine and people take their word for it.
I think this is insanely immature. I am a woman and I don't engage in this practice. I don't tolerate it from others. If someone looks upset and I ask them, "Are you ok? What's up?" and they say, "I'm fine. Nothing," then I will say, "Ok. I asked. You said nothing was wrong. I guess we are done discussing this incident and/or emotional moment. I brought it up. You shot it down. We're done with it." Amazing how NO ONE will drag sh** up from the past if you preempt it with that. And I mean in the relationship - assuming it's something between us. If it's a friend and they are upset and I have just walked in the room and have no idea what is going on, I will tell them I am sorry they are upset and they can come to me any time to talk about it.

My answer if someone asks me? Either I answer them honestly, "You really p*****ed me off when you XYZ...that was a real dick move" OR, "I'm really angry right now, I don't want to talk about it, and if you give me 10 minutes, I'll get over it and we can get on with our lives."

But this stupid emotional manipulation "Oh, ask me again and again about how I feel until finally I bless you with the favor of unburdening my soul upon you" bullpucky is not how I roll.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:34 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinmigration View Post
Doesn't matter -- it was a crude joke. My point being: if he makes jokes like that, no wonder he has relationship problems.

Yeah, I am not much of a 'brooder'. I say my thing and then I'm done and I move on. However, why is it I always wind up dealing with men who pout and brood? It's like -- just say what you mean, and mean what you say. Who has time for sitting around acting all emo.
Wooooaaaah!!!! Beep Beep...Back the truck up!!!!

I heard that comment on the radio and cracked up. I would never say that to a woman although I laughed at it in my car.

You have no idea what I deal with in MY relationship everyday thank you very much. If you walked my shoes for one week you wouldn't react as nice as I have been...believe me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships