Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would I annoy you by being to bubbly?
Bubbly women don't bother me. 20 42.55%
Bubbly women are irritating. 20 42.55%
I feel like they have another agenda. 4 8.51%
I wish I could be more like that. 3 6.38%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 02:52 PM

550 posts, read 2,824,937 times

Advertisements

I have always been very outgoing. I have been told that I sometimes may give the wrong impression to females when talking to "their guys". I have never tried to be overly outgoing so I don't really notice it. I am not a touchy person but I guess my facial expressions make me more outgoing?? If you were at a get together and a woman was talking to your man in a happy but innocent way would you not like her? I have never had many female friends, maybe this is one of the reasons? I definitely don't avoid females, I am equally as chatty, they just don't seem to like outgoing girls.

I am short, cute and bubbly. I don't like to feel like I have to ignore guys or change my personality to please insecure women. I thought asking the women of CD would help clear up this question I have wondered for years. Thanks for your honesty!!

Oops, the word "to" in my poll should read "too"

Last edited by skoe; 08-26-2007 at 02:56 PM.. Reason: spelling oops!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2007, 03:03 PM

345 posts, read 1,578,020 times
i guess i would want more information....i know a lot of bubbly women and they don't bother me.... they can talk all they want to "my guy".... i would have to see you in action because if you have never had female friends then something has got to be wrong....i cannot imagine that there are that many insecure women out there... when you are talking to "their guy" do you allow the girlfriend/wife into the converation or do you just ignore her?? sorry, i really cannot say without more information....

Old 08-26-2007, 03:08 PM

820 posts, read 2,867,895 times
Having my husband (when I had one) or a significant other talk to other women in no way disturbs me.... well, unless it's after hours at work in a locked office... but that's another story!

If you trust your spouse/SO, then there's nothing to fret about. If a woman is talking to "your man" and making a fool of herself going overboard in a flirtatious way... then others see it and it's her problem. If a woman is jealous of another woman simply talking to her loved one, then she's rather insecure and the relationship has it's own problems IMO.

I talk with married friends all the time... male and female. I also have boundaries though in those conversations to make sure I never send the wrong message to anyone.

Old 08-26-2007, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoffive View Post
i guess i would want more information....i know a lot of bubbly women and they don't bother me.... they can talk all they want to "my guy".... i would have to see you in action because if you have never had female friends then something has got to be wrong....i cannot imagine that there are that many insecure women out there... when you are talking to "their guy" do you allow the girlfriend/wife into the converation or do you just ignore her?? sorry, i really cannot say without more information....
I actually make it a point to include the SO in conversation if they walk up. I have had female friends but not like some women who have 6 or more close friends at a time. I have more like one or two at a time and it is not for lack of trying. When I was younger I tried to talk to women more but they never really took an interest in getting to know me. *If I can whisper this really low, I sometimes wondered if being native scared them off......*

Old 08-26-2007, 03:29 PM

345 posts, read 1,578,020 times
sorry, here i go again, what does that mean??

Old 08-26-2007, 03:33 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,175,023 times
I find the males much more interesting than the females. So I make it a point to ignore the MALE half of a couple. I talk to the female. There's no point in being "bubbly" (which I HATE) to the male. I can interest them any time I want to. It's not because the other female is insecure, it's because I would be butting in on a couple's territory.

You may think you are bubbly, cute and outgoing, but you may be coming across as a perpetual teenager, loud and pushy. Sorry, Yes, I would find you annoying. But not for the reason you think

Old 08-26-2007, 03:41 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
skoe
I have also been called "bubbly"
lol Hubby and I will be in vancouver on sept 7th & 8th
so there will be another bubbly person in town

karla

Old 08-26-2007, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoffive View Post
sorry, here i go again, what does that mean??
I agree, it is a very confusing subject! My last statement was whispered because the "why and what if" has always popped up in the back of my mind. There is no doubt some people may avoid me due to my race, personality or even the way I dress but with this thread I wanted to know the opinions of women in terms of my personality. I would never be able to get honest answers face to face I don't think.

Old 08-26-2007, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
skoe
I have also been called "bubbly"
lol Hubby and I will be in vancouver on sept 7th & 8th
so there will be another bubbly person in town

karla
That RIGHT!!!! What are your plans? Where are you staying?? PM me, maybe I can manage a trip into Vancouver for a coffee! Nice to meet another bubbly gal!

Old 08-26-2007, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
I find the males much more interesting than the females. So I make it a point to ignore the MALE half of a couple. I talk to the female. There's no point in being "bubbly" (which I HATE) to the male. I can interest them any time I want to. It's not because the other female is insecure, it's because I would be butting in on a couple's territory.

You may think you are bubbly, cute and outgoing, but you may be coming across as a perpetual teenager, loud and pushy. Sorry, Yes, I would find you annoying. But not for the reason you think
Thanks for your honesty. The only thing I have to correct you on is I am bubbly to male and female, whoever I happen to be talking to. I don't do it in a "look at me, swing my dress around and wink atchya!" I just like to talk to anyone whose game! So, the reason I think you don't like me is because I may be more outgoing then you and it makes you mad that I feel it's okay to talk to men and women alike. Is that correct?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships