Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 08:30 AM

8,934 posts, read 20,354,280 times

Advertisements

Hummmmmm, interesting, DEFINITELY WRONG!

True, I could dance, was darn good at it and she liked that. In fact, on our first date to a Country-Western nightclub (she asked me to go with her), her sister and niece were there. After seeing us 2-step, her niece walked up to her and said "he is definitely a keeper!" to my wife. But, it sure wasn't just the dancing that my wife liked about me, it was that I could saddle/handle a horse and a rope! A few years later, I got her interested in firearms and now she loves shooting her own handgun and rifle!

Bottom line is, at 50 yrs old (me), when I met her, she seen a very exciting, outgoing, humorous "cowboy" type that she had wanted. Later, a power boat came into view and our marriage got that much better!
Oh, did I mention that she LOVES my cooking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader44 View Post
I strongly dissagree with you Loveboating.Of course you brought something other than your personality.You bring a an underated archetype that alot of women go nuts for, boyfreind that can dance well.Its an ego fantasy women love.Her and her boyfreind out on the dance floor everyone looking at how pretty she looks and at how well she dances.Girlfreinds are envious of her and she gets to brag that her man is a wonderfull dancer.My dad became a very good ballroom dancer and has only work sporadiclly and part time for the past 15 years.Why, he dates slightly older rich women who love to ballroom dance,and they foot the bill for most everything and lives with them.But they don't care because they can still brag about him because hes such a good dancer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 08:39 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,705,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
But, it sure wasn't just the dancing that my wife liked about me, it was that I could saddle/handle a horse and a rope! A few years later, I got her interested in firearms and now she loves shooting her own handgun and rifle!
I suspect the OPs is looking for more in a partner than cartoonish stereotypes though.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:52 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,657,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I suspect the OPs is looking for more in a partner than cartoonish stereotypes though.
I feel a big OUCH! In rebuttal, I don't think the OP knows WHAT she wants or needs and I don't see a "cartoonish stereotype" in Loveboat's description.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:53 AM

677 posts, read 1,537,669 times
Quote:
You're not from Texas are you?

Old 11-15-2011, 08:55 AM

As a matter of fact, I am--born and raised in Big D.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:26 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,670,772 times
I'm 66, just got married, met her online, 8 months ago, I'm happy, content, and you could be too.

This whole idea of dating is so out of focus today, we expect to "get something", that's the American way. I went out with a lot of women, I didn't have much in the way of expectations, I just wanted to meet others and have a dinner, drinks and a few laughs.

You can expect to go out a lot if you can leave the baggage at home, be friendly, be honest, it's a date not a commitment. My wife of thirty years had died, I was really lonesome, I felt lost in the new world of relationship forming, but, I finally just up and invited a lot of women out and it wasn't long before I met the right one, as the saying goes......You gotta get out there, so, you can always act first, don't wait for men to do the asking, we aren't all put off by a woman who knows her own mind...

Old 11-15-2011, 10:56 AM

37,566 posts, read 45,928,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
I feel a big OUCH! In rebuttal, I don't think the OP knows WHAT she wants or needs and I don't see a "cartoonish stereotype" in Loveboat's description.
I don't either. And I think Zentropa needs to get out more.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:49 AM

"Cartoonish stereotypes".......just where in the He** did you get that from?

The lady wanted a COWBOY, so what's wrong with that? She had even placed a Personal Ad in a local magazine looking for that. I didn't see her ad, but she seen mine talking about rodeo and other things. I said in my ad that I had no body piercings or tattoos AND she told me when we met "I like that!" Now you'll probably say something about her wanting a man that doesn't have body piercings and tattoos......right?
As far as the firearms went, she always wanted to learn how to hand a gun safely and shoot. I knew about both, but didn't own any firearms when I met her.
"Cartoonish stereotypes"........geeshhhhhhhhhhh!

Quote:

Old 11-15-2011, 11:54 AM

Yea, I know some World Champion PRCA cowboys from the Texas Circuit! Wonder what they would say about your "cartoonish stereotypes" statement.
Naw, you wouldn't want to know what they'd say!

Quote:
As a matter of fact, I am--born and raised in Big D.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:16 PM

I think you got my point. When someone is looking for a life partner, I would hope they are digging deeper than "I want a cowboy!" or "I want a fireman!" Or "I want a race car driver!"

I would hope. But that's just me.

Last edited by zentropa; 11-15-2011 at 12:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships