Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 06:46 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
So I have exchanged some emails with this girl online and she seems really nice so I suggested chatting on the phone. However, I received a response saying that she cannot due to bad experiences in the past but we should meet up instead. This is the first time I have had this happen. Is this excess paranoia?

I want to meet her but how exactly is this going to work? When I get to the venue I can't even call her in case there is a problem (I'm delayed due to traffic or we can't find each other etc. - it's happened before).

And when exactly would she give me her #, after the 1st date or after N number of dates?? Or maybe after a background check and secret clearance?
She appears to be on medication so just move on the next girl and not worry about it. I'm not communicating with no girl who doesnt want to take the conversation to the next stage. Anyone who wants to continue chatting online is on medication.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 07:01 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I bet she's a he...
exactly any man would be a fool to meet someone without talking to them on the phone first.

Old 11-11-2011, 07:18 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
As we know, just "meeting" doesn't always cut it. Just kidding. If the problem was the voice, it'll be revealed anyway. Maybe she doesn't like how she sounds on the phone... Who knows... We all have our idiosyncrasies. Up until the donotcall option came around a few years ago, many telemarketers were asking me if Mommy or Daddy were home!
Good one...hahahaha

Old 11-11-2011, 07:22 PM

37,614 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineleith View Post
Maybe she has been duped before by people saying their age, weight, looks, etc weren't what they indicated on their profile - you know, like posting 10 year old photos and stuff.

This way, she gets to show up and see you arrive and decide whether to meet or just disappear into the mist.
This could be true for anyone meeting someone from an online site.... what does that have to do with her not wanting to talk on the phone? Talking on the phone can give you much more insight to a person, and sometimes, can even provide enough for you to know that there is no need to meet them at all. Been there, done that.

Old 11-11-2011, 07:36 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
This could be true for anyone meeting someone from an online site.... what does that have to do with her not wanting to talk on the phone? Talking on the phone can give you much more insight to a person, and sometimes, can even provide enough for you to know that there is no need to meet them at all. Been there, done that.
Plus you get to hear his sexy voice.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:40 PM

37,614 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Plus you get to hear his sexy voice.
Or his gay voice. Been there done that one, too.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:46 PM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
I had a guy online offer to give his number, I could call him, with my number blocked. I didn't think that was necessary, but I thought it was considerate.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:57 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I had a guy online offer to give his number, I could call him, with my number blocked. I didn't think that was necessary, but I thought it was considerate.
I say that a lot too since so many women are so paranoid

Old 11-11-2011, 09:03 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Women are paranoid because there are lunatics out there!

Old 11-11-2011, 09:05 PM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I've had both a stalker, and a peeping tom... both complete strangers. I'm not paranoid, but there are a lot of strange people out there. I know a lot of women who are careful, none who are paranoid.

You must be a magnet for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships