Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 08:26 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,571,918 times

Advertisements

You know, not too many people who have a Masters or Bachelors actually have JOBS but are drowned in college DEBT. So the fact that having a degree makes you soooo important is ridiculous!

You guys should check out the National Inflation Association, especially the YouTube video. It all makes sense. I'll get you guys the link to it though....if you have an hour to kill that is.

Here: College Conspiracy - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 10:06 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,303,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
How come women stereotype and many times put a guy in creep status unless he proves himself?

I notice that in America, women act like a guy is a creep unless he has a degree.

I have a degree myself and have noticed that women will force you to prove yourself worthy to be on equal footing with them.

I see this a lot among younger women who will treat a guy like he's nothing until he proves himself with a degree or other assets.
Women of this board including myself have very clearly and specifically described men we see as creeps creepy or creepers SO many times. We are always ignored or our words are twisted completely to suit whoever's own idiotic view. So here's another of the same damn thread. Ugh

Old 11-12-2011, 10:10 AM

4,576 posts, read 9,160,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
I've met women who actually DID discount me immediately and even dismissively for the fact that I do not possess a degree...

And I've met women who still dated me, but held over my head the fact that they possessed a degree while I did not...

And I've met women who possessed post-Graduate education and Master's and Doctorates who dated me and didn't give a damn that I do not possess a degree...

To say that "women do this" means a few things:

1. There ARE arrogant women out there, and you've met a couple... MAYBE. We have your word on this and take it in the spirit in which it was meant, but have NO idea what you actually have to offer. Perhaps you have looks and intelligence BUT are horribly unskilled socially, and put women off regardless of what you possess.

2. Different people find different things sexy and attractive. Some are all about the looks, some are all about getting to know someone for who they really are... and some are just happy to find an erect schwanstucker to rough-ride for a few hours and some just want to be left alone.

Get over it.

3. You can WASTE your life worrying over this, or you can get busy being your own man and LIVE, and see what happens. The fact of the matter is that so long as you're bent out of shape over "female unfairness and injustice" your wasting valuable, FINITE time, and more importantly, you're allowing some bad women to DEFINE you and your views.

That last one...

Is that the plan of action for a MAN? Answer yourself on that one, not me.

Glad to see you posting here again Urban.

Old 11-13-2011, 01:30 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,055,531 times
Genetics.

Old 11-13-2011, 02:59 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
Because they (anyone with an agenda) will sell you this "Rose colored glasses" idea that beauty is what's on the inside that counts, and you are judged by what type of person you are, and not necessarily the clothes you wear, the car you drive, or the money in your bank account. In the real world the material makes the first impression and the rest comes later. Oh yeah nice guys do finish last and therefore you have to know how to stand up for yourself without being a doormat.
But doesn't the source of being able to stand up for oneself without being a doormat come from within?

Old 11-14-2011, 01:04 AM

1,237 posts, read 1,948,765 times
Quote:
I notice that in America, women act like a guy is a creep unless he has a degree.
That's because Americans believe that you're a worthless piece of garbage if you didn't go to college. This all started with my parent's generation. My father for example, admittedly attended college to avoid being drafted during the Vietnam war. Coupled with the allure of the whole counter-cultural movement of that time, college enrollment skyrocketed.

A generation later, everyone was basically expected to attend college after high school....since that's what our parents did. I remember being in 3rd grade and the teacher asking the class how many of us planned on attending college. Everyone (myself included) raised their hands. Attending college is still the acceptable norm in America to this day.

What most people fail to realize however, is that college has completely lost it's prestige in America. Since everyone has a degree, it's not such a big deal anymore. People also fail to realize that these universities are a business, and they're more than happy to take your money. There are so many useless "junk degrees" out there now, that it isn't even funny.

Fifty years ago, a person would go to college only as a means to an end in fulfilling their occupational aspirations. For example, if someone wanted to be a doctor, lawyer, engineer, etc....They'd attend a university to attain their degree. Back then, College wasn't the 4 year party to "find yourself" as it is today. I laugh when I think of all the idiots who went to school, got their degrees, then wound up living in their parent's basements because they were one out of 800 applicants for every job they applied for. There aren't enough white-collar, pencil pushing cubicle jobs out there for everyone coming out of school these days! Ha ha, and the jobs that are out there don't pay as much as they used to because they're so easily staffed! Employers don't have to look far for corporate fodder anymore like they used to. Welcome to the big American corporate meat grinder, suckers!

Old 11-14-2011, 06:43 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Everyone does not have a degree. Roughly 30% and the numbers are going down.

Old 11-14-2011, 06:45 AM

37,608 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Hmmm, never saw this. None of the women I know judge a person based on the degree they hold.

Maybe you are hanging out with the wrong crowd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I never treat anyone that way, man or woman.

I have actually had a relationship with two PhD's and I much prefer my blue collar man, while he is in management, I still much prefer him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
American women, eh? All of us? Most of us? A minority of us? I don't think degrees have much to do with it. There are plenty of guys with degrees who are creeps and plenty without who aren't creeps.
What they said.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:17 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times
Quote:
How come women stereotype and many times put a guy in creep status unless he proves himself?
same reason men do
not true...lottsa creeps have degrees
I have a degree myself and have noticed that women will force you to prove yourself worthy to be on equal footing with them.
You need to be worthy of their trust
I see this a lot among younger women who will treat a guy like he's nothing until he proves himself with a degree or other assets.
I see a lot of guys who'll treat a woman likes she's nothing if she doesn't have the ASS ETS he's looking for.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:57 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Everyone does not have a degree. Roughly 30% and the numbers are going down.

I don't have one either and I was making as much as college grads when I was 18. As sad as it sounds, you're probably better off going to a trade school or learning a trade at a young age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships