Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 06:45 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times

Advertisements

Life is too short not to live it.

Don't be so concerned about it being a good time, in the right place....etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 07:11 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,778,287 times
You're a woman, so you have more leeway in regards to financial stability (although some men might not be into....but many will still give you a chance).

Another thing is even though you are in your 20s, your 30s will be coming up quickly. I spent my 20s casually dating and engrossed in school and career. Now I'm 32 and all of a sudden I'm an "older woman" in the dating pool (at least in my area). Luckily for me (and I do feel lucky) I found a serious boyfriend. Although I'm not in a "perfect place" in life (far from it actually), I'm done with holding off!

Old 11-12-2011, 07:17 PM

494 posts, read 1,609,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShona View Post
You're a woman, so you have more leeway in regards to financial stability (although some men might not be into....but many will still give you a chance).

Another thing is even though you are in your 20s, your 30s will be coming up quickly. I spent my 20s casually dating and engrossed in school and career. Now I'm 32 and all of a sudden I'm an "older woman" in the dating pool (at least in my area). Luckily for me (and I do feel lucky) I found a serious boyfriend. Although I'm not in a "perfect place" in life (far from it actually), I'm done with holding off!
This is true.

So yea, get out there if you really want to do it, men are generally more open to women being broke than women are to men being broke. It's sad but it's true

The question you really should be asking yourself though are you mentally prepared for a relationship? I'm not, so that's why I'd rather wait too along with the other crap.

Old 11-12-2011, 09:19 PM

71 posts, read 162,922 times
WOW, Im getting a totally different vibe here.... I think its the perfect time to date. MAybe a support system would help you get things up and running. Someone to motivate you and really get that kick in the azz to succeed in your business. I love my job, but I would loved to have had the ambition to start something so young as you.

Go for it...dont EVER hold back, youll regret it

Old 11-13-2011, 07:52 PM

479 posts, read 835,572 times
I suggest dating is a good idea, builds experience, etc. For males who attended college they're more likely to become open to commitment around the age of 26. I think the average age for a male to marry today is 28.

So basically there's an open window of opportunity between 26 and 33 year old males. If a young lady is wanting to find herself in a relationship that leads to marriage. You might date someone just a couple of years ahead of the curve, or "on it."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships