Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 07:12 PM

66 posts, read 195,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Just some little statistics about violence;

'As reported in 2004, she found 32 per cent of Kiwi women had suffered physical violence from partners - higher than in Japan or the only other developed nation in the WHO study, Serbia and Montenegro (23 per cent), although lower than the nearest developing nation in the study, Samoa (40.5 per cent).'

'Half of women' tell of emotional violence - Relationships - NZ Herald News

Be careful about those 'warrior' cultures.
That's sad... but it doesn't mean you can't find any good guys of those races.

My dad and grandpa has been abusive to me, both physically and emotionally. I've gotten beaten, and my self esteem was **** until I was about 15 and my mom and I moved away for a while, away from those bastards. And we're from a white, Christian, Eastern European culture.

It's not all about race or culture. You can find good and bad everywhere.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:19 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyg999 View Post
If you are a White guy, you would have no trouble in picking up the Asian women of your choice, one of my best friends is an Asian woman and she loves/almost worships White guys, she hates men that are Asian btw and told me that she exclusively dates White men, so you would find a lot of them to choose from
You are way off course" she's a White Woman......sorry

Old 11-13-2011, 07:20 PM

84 posts, read 153,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
You are way off course" she's a White Woman......sorry
I didn't mean her personally, I just meant in general.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Those in the various sovreighnty (sp) movements do generally.

It's more of a case of mainland people moving here not realizing, and adjusting to, the fact that the culture here is a mix of polynesian and asian mentalities. The culture here is VASTLY different from the mainland and a lot of people do not adjust well.

It's the reverse of the mainland where people feel the minorities and immigrants should learn english and adjust to the existing culture, here the caucasians have to do the adjusting (they are the minority), and for some, that don't sit too well.

I was an African - American US Coast Guard on combat training , moored at Hickman Air Force Base in 1976 - 1977 for about 2 months . The Polynesian Bro. didn't have a problem with me " because my attitude was Hey It's Your Country " I'm just passing thur - I wasn't the ones who took over Hawaii , and I adjusted to the situation well.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:34 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
I was an African - American US Coast Guard on combat training , moored at Hickman Air Force Base in 1976 - 1977 for about 2 months . The Polynesian Bro. didn't have a problem with me " because my attitude was Hey It's Your Country " I'm just passing thur - I wasn't the ones who took over Hawaii , and I adjusted to the situation well.
It wasn't your color, it probably more of your attitude. I know LOTS of whites who get along fine with Hawaiians, heck, the majority do.

But YOU were the ultimate minority here, probably not on base, but everywhere else! And we're not a country, and it's not THEIR country.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:35 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,195,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespolynesians View Post

It's not all about race or culture.
Funny, I thought that was the point of this thread, whether it was explicitly stated or not. Then again, that's out of context, I just found it funny that something like that would come up in the posts.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Funny, I thought that was the point of this thread, whether it was explicitly stated or not. Then again, that's out of context, I just found it funny that something like that would come up in the posts.
Bleh. I meant, personality isn't all about culture. My main issue is that I'd like to be with someone I find physically attractive. And I seem to be attracted to many Polynesians.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
It wasn't your color, it probably more of your attitude. I know LOTS of whites who get along fine with Hawaiians, heck, the majority do.

But YOU were the ultimate minority here, probably not on base, but everywhere else! And we're not a country, and it's not THEIR country.

What I meant was that a lot of the Polynesian Men out in the tourist area and hotels and clubs were checking people attitudes to see where a person was coming from....and some white Military personnal got jumped because some polynesian men felt it was their's country , but in reality it's one of the 50 United States of America.

Old 11-13-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespolynesians View Post
Bleh. I meant, personality isn't all about culture. My main issue is that I'd like to be with someone I find physically attractive. And I seem to be attracted to many Polynesians.
Being with the person that's turn you on doesn't make you a racist in the least bit...that's one thing that I take off the table.." abusive behavior toward another race make you a racist" sexual and love relationships are private and nobody business but your's.

Old 11-13-2011, 09:34 PM

Thanks for all the replies... sarcastic or not. <3
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships