Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 09:36 PM

66 posts, read 195,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Being with the person that's turn you on doesn't make you a racist in the least bit...that's one thing that I take off the table.." abusive behavior toward another race make you a racist" sexual and love relationships are private and nobody business but your's.
Exactly.

Being attracted to certain physical features that are more likely found in a certain race is not racist. It's having preferences. Just like if someone preferred a certain weight, that's not discrimination, that's a preference. People won't want to be with someone they don't find attractive. That's just how it is.

But being a dick to people because they don't look like you(not the same race as you...) is racism.

Old 11-13-2011, 11:58 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespolynesians View Post
Well, I guess it depends on the ethnicity. I do know a few Pacific Islanders... I was in love with a Maori a while back. Polynesians are genetically related to Khmer... (I used to study genetics and things like that a while back), and certain ethnicities look more Asian.

I've seen a lot of them, though(not all IRL, obv)... the looks vary, but they tend to be very attractive.

I'm really considering this.

Funny thing is, he isn't really that attractive to me. XD

Micronesians are hot too, I just haven't seen enough of them.
Probably because his dad is black........

Old 11-14-2011, 12:03 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
I was an African - American US Coast Guard on combat training , moored at Hickman Air Force Base in 1976 - 1977 for about 2 months . The Polynesian Bro. didn't have a problem with me " because my attitude was Hey It's Your Country " I'm just passing thur - I wasn't the ones who took over Hawaii , and I adjusted to the situation well.

That's how it was for me. Didn't hurt that I look really local - and went out of my way to cultivate that (hairstyle, dress, language, etc.) It got to the point that people would walk up to me speaking pidgin, looking for help in a store, asking for directions, etc.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:56 AM

30,996 posts, read 22,045,160 times
A little over the top lovespolynesians. I'm gonna change my name to "Lovesmixed" because that is what most people are, even though humans are clanish and like to associate them selves with specific groups.

Old 11-14-2011, 10:24 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I hate to tell you this, but from having lived with/among Polynesians, lots look really black. I don't know where you get your image of Pacific Islanders from, since you don't know any. I'm black, and I got taken for Polynesian a lot.

sigh.......no. Only certain idiots hate all members of a race simply because they're of a certain race.

Move to Hawaii, California, Las Vegas, Oregon, Washington state, even Alaska. Lots of Polynesians in all these places. Or, on the East Coast or the South, live near a military base, as there are lots of single Polynesian men in the military. Or even join up yourself.
You must be mixed bacause Poynesians/Samoans definitely don't look black. You think Troy Polamalu looks black?

http://infopuck.com/wp-content/uploa...-polamalu1.jpg

Last edited by Keeper; 11-15-2011 at 06:12 AM.. Reason: celebrity pictures are copyright

Old 11-14-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
A little over the top lovespolynesians. I'm gonna change my name to "Lovesmixed" because that is what most people are, even though humans are clanish and like to associate them selves with specific groups.
Nah, a person can be 100% one race... I've taken an ancestry test and I'm fully white. However, it doesn't matter what race someone is, we're all human, but that don't make me attracted to every human.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
You must be mixed bacause Poynesians/Samoans definitely don't look black. You think Troy Polamalu looks black?
He's so hot. And he doesn't look black at all...

Old 11-14-2011, 04:17 PM

30,996 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespolynesians View Post
we're all human, but that don't make me attracted to every human.
"we're all human" We are all decendants of people from Africa so we are all African.

"but that don't make me attracted to every human" Thats for sure. I kind of like mixed myself. Best features from multiple cultures

Old 11-14-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"we're all human" We are all decendants of people from Africa so we are all African.

"but that don't make me attracted to every human" Thats for sure. I kind of like mixed myself. Best features from multiple cultures
Yes, and in the long run, the descendants of those Africans are bacteria... so we're all bacteria. Really, not a good comparison. I'm not African. Do I have a problem with Africans? Nay.

Old 11-14-2011, 06:42 PM

Derp... made one of those profiles on some interracial dating site. Feel like a weirdo for using it, but then again, I am... c: everyone seems to fuggin old for me though, lol.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:16 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,981,092 times
I'm with you on the Polynesian men thing. I spent some time in Tonga for work and while there, met a Fijian man who was attending a training session I was co-leading. I wasn't exactly supposed to be cavorting with the people we were training, however, the temptation was too great. I was doing fine until he climbed over other people's balconies to get to mine late at night. There was a knock on the balcony door and I'll leave the rest to your imagination. It was memorable .

This was many years ago, btw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships