Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 08:52 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times

Advertisements

Your main responsibility is to your child, both physically and emotionally. I hope that you are receiving financial child support from your son's father. If not, please file for it immediately as your boy is entitled to it. All the best to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 09:02 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godservant View Post
i have a son with a man who has good qualities and i care about him.. but he is very unstable and does not treat me the way i want to be treated..he is very insecure and always thinks that i am with other men.
i wanted him to change and i tried to make it work but i have lost the love feelings for him.

i want true love and i know that is out there, but i am scared to let go. he is the father of my son and i cant seem to let go the fears and the what ifs

any advice
thanks
Well to freakn bad!!

Your life is not a chess match. You cannot move people around on a board and have them do and say what "YOU want them to say!!" Goodness gracious!!!!

Sounds like YOU are the unstable one. You leave with your son and then talk about how "true love" is out there for you? Wow! What~~~ever!

What you should do is be honest with yourself and find out what triggers you and your husband to argue or fight? Find out why he feels the way he feels.

You be the better woman and find out what is the deep seated issues here. Are YOU the needy controlling woman and he is just playing your card by acting like you about "thinking you are with other men?" Maybe that is what you are doing in a sense just to get attention you think you deserve.

Just some things to think about.

Old 11-14-2011, 03:47 PM

322 posts, read 317,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Well to freakn bad!!

Your life is not a chess match. You cannot move people around on a board and have them do and say what "YOU want them to say!!" Goodness gracious!!!!

Sounds like YOU are the unstable one. You leave with your son and then talk about how "true love" is out there for you? Wow! What~~~ever!

What you should do is be honest with yourself and find out what triggers you and your husband to argue or fight? Find out why he feels the way he feels.

You be the better woman and find out what is the deep seated issues here. Are YOU the needy controlling woman and he is just playing your card by acting like you about "thinking you are with other men?" Maybe that is what you are doing in a sense just to get attention you think you deserve.

Just some things to think about.
hmm ok thanks for the response although it was a bit atttacking.. i will look past that .

he was in a mental instituion the other day he smokes marijuana alot and was diagnosed with paranoia and possibly schitophrenia. he was hearing voices and having very erratic bahaviour.
i wanted to be there for him and i was for a long time but he abuses me verbally infront of my son all the time.. it has become a habit.

i tried many times to support this but i believe that me and my son are suffering because of his instability.

i never leave my son.. i dont go out and i have no social life.. i spend all my time taking care of my son and running my business from home.
and i deserve love..and i will find it.. even if you dont think i will.

take care

Old 11-14-2011, 03:54 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Your husband (or whatever he is) is suffering from a serious mental illness and you are wondering why he doesnt treat you right and meet all your needs? Really?

Look, you need to decide if you can live with a mentally disabled man, with things being exactly the way they are now, because they will not improve and will likely get worse.

So what will it be, yes or no? Make a decision and stick to it, for the sake of your child.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:14 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godservant View Post
hmm ok thanks for the response although it was a bit atttacking.. i will look past that .

he was in a mental instituion the other day he smokes marijuana alot and was diagnosed with paranoia and possibly schitophrenia. he was hearing voices and having very erratic bahaviour.
i wanted to be there for him and i was for a long time but he abuses me verbally infront of my son all the time.. it has become a habit.

i tried many times to support this but i believe that me and my son are suffering because of his instability.

i never leave my son.. i dont go out and i have no social life.. i spend all my time taking care of my son and running my business from home.
and i deserve love..and i will find it.. even if you dont think i will.

take care
^^^Yeah^^^ What Zentropa just said.

If it is that serious then it is the point of safety for you and your son.

Till he is stabalized by medication or you just cannot deal with the swings. You have to make the choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships