U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 08:12 AM

23,932 posts, read 20,319,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I was going by his reply to the other poster, as perfect symmetry
being something that makes a woman pretty.

I agree with you on the lips. I was in no way judging her looks, just his response to the perfect symmetry post.

My lips aren't jacked up either. I think something that turns me off of some womens looks has got to be make up. Not sure. I guess I was in a way judging her looks because I said I didn't think she was pretty.

Well, I don't. In that picture, she seems to look rather 'too perfect' but I was drawn to her lips. Mine are the same way. I also have a crooked smile that I cannot stand..... But is me and nothing I am about to try and change...
That crooked smile is one of your best features.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 09:49 AM

17,906 posts, read 17,472,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
That crooked smile is one of your best features.
Well thank you so much Lucario!

Old 11-17-2011, 10:04 AM

2,997 posts, read 2,773,036 times
Quote:
Well I haven't worn make up in a good twenty years, and if it is make up that makes a woman pretty guess I'm just sol!
It may make a woman prettier or it may not ; Ive seen women with no makeup (or very little) who look fresh, vibrant, cute, vivacious , and desirable . I think some of it has to do with things other than facial makeup such as the smile, the teeth , the hair, and how clean her nose is inside . Personally as a Male, I find it unattractive when women wear makeup that looks like an avalanche just occured or you need a Putty knife to scrape it off afterward.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:13 AM

104 posts, read 35,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
It's subjective for me. But I'm not most men.

I'd say pretty usually means traditionally attractive facial features. In other words, a step above cute. A lot of men would not hesitate to call almost any girl cute, but reserve the term pretty.

Probably the equivalent of a woman calling a man 'good looking'. Woman usually reserve that for those guys with traditionally handsome features.

What these adjectives are ... they are really just ways to quantify general beauty.

As a man, I have been called cute a bunch, hot maybe once or twice, and handsome by my aunts and mother's friends .

I have been called good looking by platonic friends trying to pump up my ego but never by a woman who wasn't a friend.

My conclusion. I'm not the best looking guy in the world. Who cares? F@ck it. Don't spend time dwelling on what 'category' or 'tier' you fall into. Waste of time.
I agree. I consider myself in my own category. I am still in high school and I am not one of the 'pretty' girls, but I think I am sexy as hell! I have my own style goin on and I think pretty is whatever is in for the moment. I usually don't like it, so I guess I am not "pretty".

Old 11-17-2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaela<3 View Post
I agree. I consider myself in my own category. I am still in high school and I am not one of the 'pretty' girls, but I think I am sexy as hell! I have my own style goin on and I think pretty is whatever is in for the moment. I usually don't like it, so I guess I am not "pretty".
If i may make a suggestion ; if youre sold on using your 'sexiness' to attract and keep a guy which will mean youll have to keep on dishing out the 'sexiness' since that was the critieria you used intially to get the guy .... if you wake up and find yourself pregnant one day, please remember that your developing Baby (a seperate Person) started at conception and is trusting in you safely bringing him/her down your birth canal . I say this because nowadays, THE most unsafe place on earth is a Mothers womb and i hope you would never choose self centered entitlement to do the unthinkable .... a choice which causes many to suffer endless regret and guilt . Hope you dont mind me bringing this issue up, but, its a reality today for young people who buy into the cultures pressure to have illicit sex .... the catalyst being portraying abundant sexiness as determined by a could care less Culture .

It behooves a lady to focus on becoming prettier , rather than going over the top by using her sexual prowess.

Old 11-17-2011, 11:22 AM

1,745 posts, read 1,350,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
If i may make a suggestion ; if youre sold on using your 'sexiness' to attract and keep a guy which will mean youll have to keep on dishing out the 'sexiness' since that was the critieria you used intially to get the guy .... if you wake up and find yourself pregnant one day, please remember that your developing Baby (a seperate Person) started at conception and is trusting in you safely bringing him/her down your birth canal . I say this because nowadays, THE most unsafe place on earth is a Mothers womb and i hope you would never choose self centered entitlement to do the unthinkable .... a choice which causes many to suffer endless regret and guilt . Hope you dont mind me bringing this issue up, but, its a reality today for young people who buy into the cultures pressure to have illicit sex .... the catalyst being portraying abundant sexiness as determined by a could care less Culture .

It behooves a lady to focus on becoming prettier , rather than going over the top by using her sexual prowess.
Do you think this much before eating an egg too?

In sparta they used to decide if a baby was good enough after it was born, that a way to be able to get a "refund".

Old 11-17-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
Do you think this much before eating an egg too?

In sparta they used to decide if a baby was good enough after it was born, that a way to be able to get a "refund".
Nahh...I eat an egg at anytime, but I prefer it be scrambled . Such choices as eggs, donuts, which coffee creation im going to have at Starbucks tomorrow morning are all viable and innocent options --- not so when it comes to the most precious of all things, human life especially when it comes to being ones own offspring in the development stage.

We dont live in the Sparta era ... we are supposed to be living out a much greater civil, moral, ethical existence now.

Old 11-17-2011, 11:49 AM

12,980 posts, read 18,720,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
I see so many of you saying you are attracted to pretty women. Just what is meant by this? Is it something subjective? .
I dont speak for all men, but I can speak for myself and for the most part all of the men who are my friends. Pretty women are attractive but I and most of the guys I know, prefer SEXY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
I am just curious as to what "pretty" actually means.
You may have already seen by the responses here, that people's definition of pretty varies, so again, I am going by what I (and most of my friends') think of as pretty:

Pretty - Young, as in 18-29 years old. Usually what you would refer to as "girls" or "chicks". Women when they get to about 30 really arent "girls" anymore so pretty is not really applicable as they become "attractive". Pretty women have shiny hair, sparkly eyes, and are usually always thin (not rail thin) and never fat/overweight. They have what would usually be called a "nice body". Nice as in not sexy (i.e., curvy) but there could be some overlap depending on her personality as well. Some "sexy" women are also called "pretty" like Camille Leblanc-Bouchonet (sp) in Crossfit - she's both pretty and sexy. I must add, that overweight/fat/obese women can also be pretty, BUT, ONLY their faces can be pretty so they are described as "She has a pretty face, but........"

Old 11-17-2011, 12:09 PM

17,906 posts, read 17,472,654 times
oh goodness. I have shiny hair and a sparkle in my eye and I am almost forty! Red alert! heehee

Old 11-18-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
oh goodness. I have shiny hair and a sparkle in my eye and I am almost forty! Red alert! heehee
The girls all get prettier at closing time ! According to one Country and Western singer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships