Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 12:37 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,789,929 times

Advertisements

Its very subjective. For me, the physical definition of pretty is a woman who is physically fit, long dark hair, and a clear complexion. Its a woman who looks good with or without makeup. She looks good in a dress or a baseball cap and jeans. SHe takes care of herself. Thats what I want. As for personality, intelligence, loyalty, honesty, and sense of humor are very important. Great looks without these mean nothing to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 12:39 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,986,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
I think pageant contestants would be much prettier if they didn't have those plastic, strained, fake looking smiles on their faces. It just makes them look less happy.
The point I was trying to make is that the word has a negative undertone when used to depict an adult woman. I wouldn't use it to describe a woman I'm interested in.

Old 11-16-2011, 01:17 PM

54 posts, read 143,027 times
I only use the word "pretty" to describe a particular aspect of somebody. I would not say "she's pretty", but would say "she has pretty eyes".

Old 11-16-2011, 01:22 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times
There's a good chance I have some Haitian in my blood. My family history is way too confusing. My mum's from Chile and her grandparents (and I think even great grandparents) are from there, but they definitely trace back to Europe because they look more like white hispanics than native Chileans (lighter skin tone, different facial characteristics). I think Italy and Spain.

On my dad's side, well, they are all Canadians but also with some Dominican thrown in (great grandpa was a diplomat down there and my grandma was born there), and who knows what else, but I believe it traces back to mainly Scotland and England. I know my surname is English and my middle name is Scottish (supposedly). If I had the money I'd do one of those genealogical analyses just to find out.

Old 11-16-2011, 01:40 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,769,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
I see so many of you saying you are attracted to pretty women. Just what is meant by this? Is it something subjective?

I am slim and petite, but I would not say I am "pretty." Rather on the plain side. I am just curious as to what "pretty" actually means.
Its subjective for the most part although im sure most every guy would consider Farah Fawcett 'pretty' especially in her younger days when that 1970's popular photo of her was widely circulated around the world.

Males, as you probably know, are very visual oriented and with the male 'pretty seeking' apparatus that the Creator put in us...we find a pretty lady rather intoxicating --- again this is based on what THAT individual has in terms of standards of prettiness . It mostly has to do with the face but not in all cases ; a woman can be pretty just in the face or pretty just basically in the rest of her body . For most men though, i think they would agree that its the face that one finds the most prettiness in. As a normal Male, I find a pretty woman to be intoxicating to look at and it often causes a fluttering inside my chest , subtle panting, and a desire to want to get close to her ., locationally, for a more careful analysis of the situation at hand.

I think an average looking woman has all sort of things at her disposal to portray this element of prettiness including the right makeup , how she dresses, how she smells, talks, and how she carries herself as examples. This post reminds me of a time i was in a Coffee Shop in Illinois at 9 a.m. and in walks this 30 ish looking Lady in a well fitting Business Suit ; her looks were very stunning , she moved across the floor like a carefully rehearsed Panther , and her voice was as delectable as expensive Italian chocholates melting in your mouth....she stayed for only 10 minutes and when she left to get into her car, 4 Patrons in the coffee shop all huddled in front of the huge window for a final and closer look at what must have appeared as heaven coming down to their corner of Earth --- kind of like 'a Scorpio rising' experience

Hope that gives you some insight. Any followup questions ???

Old 11-16-2011, 01:45 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,684,301 times
No. Us mere mortals can never live up to that. LOL

Old 11-16-2011, 01:47 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,769,430 times
[quote=Red On The Noodle;21740984]No. Us mere mortals can never live up to that. LOL[/quote..

Maybelline has some good ideas to get you there ! ... lol...

Old 11-16-2011, 02:23 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Well I haven't worn make up in a good twenty years, and if it is make up that makes a woman pretty guess I'm just sol!

Old 11-16-2011, 03:57 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Hey Red! This is me a million kazillion years ago with big hair and make up.

with make up

20 years later no make up

Old 11-16-2011, 04:43 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,684,301 times
You are adorable! That big hair has got to go though LOL! So glad that decade is over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships