Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 06:18 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,708,086 times

Advertisements

I say...don't get any deeper...
I probably would bring up a discussion about moving too fast and possible residual past feelings for exs.

Then make the next decision...whatever that is.

He may of just been locked on her because he didn't know there were other great people out there.
I think his comment to her shows he doesn't have feelings the same way and had values that were violated. And his comments to you were not socially appropriate but an out loud comparison to the past he is now seeing as a bad thing compared to what you guys have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 07:16 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
This is an easy one. He's over he ex. What one of the problems for him was the ex's antisocial behavior toward his family. His family is important to him, and he'd like a future wife? to fit and an be able to at least socialize with his family. If you like this guy, it would be a good idea to take the first invite to meet his family, and have a good time.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:32 PM

20 posts, read 34,338 times
You guys have no idea how much I want to simply say to him that I can't do this anymore and that he should focus on his ex. He calls, texts ....hold my hands whenever we go out. I'm a weak girl, if a guy can do all that to me...yet still hung up on his ex. It's no go for me. I know that he has it better with me...but when you compare everything together. She still beats me beat by 3 years...I'm so lost.

The only thing that's holds me back from giving up is the feeling that he gives me...

Last edited by milliongirl417; 11-21-2011 at 06:46 PM..

Old 11-21-2011, 07:20 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliongirl417 View Post
You guys have no idea how much I want to simply say to him that I can't do this anymore and that he should focus on his ex. He calls, texts ....hold my hands whenever we go out. I'm a weak girl, if a guy can do all that to me...yet still hung up on his ex. It's no go for me. I know that he has it better with me...but when you compare everything together. She still beats me beat by 3 years...I'm so lost.

The only thing that's holds me back from giving up is the feeling that he gives me...
If you can overlook these two are in "negotiations" stages and continue to listen to his backhanded compliments comparing you and the ex and willing to risk being deeply hurt, well then, hang in there.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:22 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,783,345 times
Quote:

Looks like your heart is making all your decisions and logic has left the room. Good luck.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:48 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,567,451 times
Quote:

I'm sorry to say this but, I think you're in denial milliongirl417 rather than being lost. If what he's shown you so far gives you (I assume) a good feeling, then you should just keep on being with him and adapt the "come what may" attitude. You will find out soon enough whether or not you've made the right decision.
No amount of advice...especially from strangers, can change a lovesick heart. We've all come across this feeling at one time or another.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
I'm sorry to say this but, I think you're in denial milliongirl417 rather than being lost. If what he's shown you so far gives you (I assume) a good feeling, then you should just keep on being with him and adapt the "come what may" attitude. You will find out soon enough whether or not you've made the right decision.
No amount of advice...especially from strangers, can change a lovesick heart. We've all come across this feeling at one time or another.
Yes, if I didn't know about his history with his ex, then I could definitely say he's doing a very good job at the 'TALKING STAGE'. DEFINITELY successful in making a girl feels special. When I come to this forum, I'm not looking for a direction to follow...but rather I want different opinions on what SHOULD/COULD be. It helps me sort out how I feel about it. I'm glad you guys are able to help.

My heart has definitely taken over ....which makes me super scared.

Old 11-21-2011, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Yes, if I didn't know about his history with his ex, then I could definitely say he's doing a very good job at the 'TALKING STAGE'. DEFINITELY successful in making a girl feels special. When I come to this forum, I'm not looking for a direction to follow...but rather I want different opinions on what SHOULD/COULD be. It helps me sort out how I feel about it. I'm glad you guys are able to help.

My heart has definitely taken over ....which makes me super scared.
The negatives have been pointed out...May I ask what he says that makes you feel special?

Realistically look at whats happening with your head and not your heart.

He apparently has the capacity to make more than one women feel special at the same time. That, should scare you. When what someone says and does don't match up, it indicates they can't be trusted.

Last edited by virgode; 11-21-2011 at 10:07 PM..

Old 11-21-2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
The negatives have been pointed out...May I ask what he says that makes you feel special?

Realistically look at whats happening with your head and not your heart.

He apparently has the capacity to make more than one women feel special at the same time. That, should scare you. When what someone says and does don't match up, it indicates they can't be trusted.

Hmm, in answering your question. Whenever he does one of these, I feel happy? it's not much....but it's a signs he likes me. yes?

-his morning texts
-his calls before or after certain activities
-or talk to me whenever i drive home alone
-when he holds my hand in front of his close friends
-or when he fight to pay for the bill
-when he tells me he misses me
-open iphotobooth to take webcam pics with me
-put a caller id for me. (i know its nothing, but he doesn't have it for anyone. until i briefly said i had one for him. so he should have one for me. 2 weeks later i noticed i had one)
-invites me to lunch

...i don't know?

Old 11-21-2011, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Hmm, in answering your question. Whenever he does one of these, I feel happy? it's not much....but it's a signs he likes me. yes?

-his morning texts
-his calls before or after certain activities
-or talk to me whenever i drive home alone
-when he holds my hand in front of his close friends
-or when he fight to pay for the bill
-when he tells me he misses me
-open iphotobooth to take webcam pics with me
-put a caller id for me. (i know its nothing, but he doesn't have it for anyone. until i briefly said i had one for him. so he should have one for me. 2 weeks later i noticed i had one)
-invites me to lunch

...i don't know?
It sounds like hes a good friend, at the same time he looking out for his own interest by playing two women.

Hes not going to let you go until he has a firm commitment from his ex to make sure he won't be alone, but he doesn't care where that leaves you.

You are the only person who can look out for your interests, I don't see you taking that as serious as you should.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships