Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 11:16 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,206,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
It is none of my business.....the situation was thrown at me.....Im not gonna say what I feel because it would hurt feelings and as a previous poster stated....its not about me it's about you.....However, personally I think she is 'playing herself.....why cater to a man because u r lonely and like having some testosterone around the house.......... Have a little more self respect.....cmon now.

Good luck finding your rich dumb poor sucker. Again working in a respectable profession 3-4 days a week as work permits and contributing around the house are not negatives....

While you ladies expect men to provide for you with showers of monetary gifts, complete emotional understanding, utter pampering, and whatever other BS expectations you can throw in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 11:32 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,477,811 times
Ya know what? The OP sounds like she just may jealous of this guy. She seems to be particularly envious that the BF may be paying rent in "services rendered." What else could explain this bizarre post?

Old 11-18-2011, 11:47 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,131,185 times
Quote:
Do you think there is anything wrong with a relationship that involves a guy, who is not the money maker in the relationship. The sole breadwinner is the girlfriend. Boyfriend only works part-time. They stay together in her house(not his). This situation has been going on about 2 years. I means it's obvious who's footing the biil for bills.....Guy pays no rent(he may contribute to one bill and thats it....) He's probably contributing in other ways.....(if you get my drift)...I mean I know if you love each other you'll overlook a few things here and there...but cmon on this is ridiculous.....
If you have to ask the question, then yes.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:12 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,154,869 times
Quote:
Do you think there is anything wrong with a relationship that involves a guy, who is not the money maker in the relationship. The sole breadwinner is the girlfriend. Boyfriend only works part-time. They stay together in her house(not his). This situation has been going on about 2 years. I means it's obvious who's footing the biil for bills.....Guy pays no rent(he may contribute to one bill and thats it....) He's probably contributing in other ways.....(if you get my drift)...I mean I know if you love each other you'll overlook a few things here and there...but cmon on this is ridiculous.....
Is he cheating on her? Using her money to buy drugs? Just trying for a green card? If not - I don't really see how she is being used. Why is it ridiculous? I don't see what things she is overlooking? Are they happy? Does this work for them? What else matters?

Old 11-18-2011, 01:30 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,803,489 times
Look people..not trying to be a downer on her relationship.....Yes..I am single..but not one of those people who thinks everyone thats in a relationship should be single like me....Have nothing but the best intentions for them.....Its just sometime I wonder.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:34 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,098,842 times
Quote:
It is none of my business.....the situation was thrown at me.....Im not gonna say what I feel because it would hurt feelings and as a previous poster stated....its not about me it's about you.....However, personally I think she is 'playing herself.....why cater to a man because u r lonely and like having some testosterone around the house.......... Have a little more self respect.....cmon now.
Really.

And all this time I was thinking it was your situation you were asking us about, not a friend who "threw it at you."

Old 11-18-2011, 01:38 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,676,096 times
Quote:
Look people..not trying to be a downer on her relationship.....Yes..I am single..but not one of those people who thinks everyone thats in a relationship should be single like me....Have nothing but the best intentions for them.....Its just sometime I wonder.
I get where you are coming from and believe you are well intentioned

I too would worry about a friend, male or female, who appeared to be so afraid to be alone that they volunteered to be financially used. And it does appear that might be what is happening here.

Since your friend has outright asked for your opinion that means to me she is having her own doubts about the relationship. I'd recommend being honest about what you see but careful not to tell her what to do about it (doing so could very well backfire on you).

Old 11-18-2011, 01:40 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,305,676 times
your a typical caddy woman, you really need to mind your own business. If she was really your friend you wouldn't come on a message board trying to justify c blocking her situation.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:40 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,998,362 times
I used to care about stuff like this with people in my life but I've learned the hard way to choose my stresses more wisely. I'm sleeping so much better now.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:42 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,262,835 times
Quote:
Only works 3-4 days a week in his respectable field...because he cant find anything else.
In a robust economy, I'd say it's their business and their choice. I certainly couldn't do it when I was married while he futzed around deciding what he wanted to be when he grew up and taking part-time jobs so he could take elective after elective without ever actually finishing his undergrad.

But now? It's still their business, and it might still be their choice. But it might not be a choice, either, as a lot of people can't find work in their fields these days.

Either way, it's not for anyone else to judge but them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
your a typical caddy woman, you really need to mind your own business. If she was really your friend you wouldn't come on a message board trying to justify c blocking her situation.

Caddy woman? OP, you into golf?

Oh, Word must mean "[URL="http://www.thefreedictionary.com/catty"]catty[/URL]."

Meow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships