Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 07:25 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times

Advertisements

Good looking man you got there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Lips
Teeth
Jawline
Bone structure
Nose (not too big)
Symmetrical features
5'10"+

so... like my husband. :P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2015, 07:31 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Nice teeth, friendly face, pretty eyes, nice smile.

Old 06-03-2015, 07:35 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,375 times
I'm not so sure I'm attracted to people similar to me looks wise. I think I'm attracted more to what I don't have, which explains why I like a nicely shaped mouth so much. Mine is just average in my opinion. I am attracted to someone with a similar personality only more guyish.

Old 06-03-2015, 07:53 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
I'm not so sure I'm attracted to people similar to me looks wise. I think I'm attracted more to what I don't have, which explains why I like a nicely shaped mouth so much. Mine is just average in my opinion. I am attracted to someone with a similar personality only more guyish.
I know I'm not. I don't like my looks on myself. lol Let alone on a man.

I would like a guy who shared some good common interests with me, along with being respectful and an overall good man.

But I prefer opposite with other things. I am very shy. I would prefer a guy who's more forward. I can get a bit neurotic. So a guy who's more calm would be nice. I am short. A guy who's taller than me is nice, and being only 5'0, I don't think that's too much to ask. Along with a few other things. Again, I would prefer that. But prefering and actually getting are separate. lol

Old 06-03-2015, 08:18 PM

468 posts, read 483,747 times
I get shy ONLY when it come to the guy I like.
I'm always the friendly, sunny and bubbly girl with the sweet smile on my face. I have no problems talking to the opposite sex, I have no problem making friends with the opposite sex, as long as I'm NOT sexually attracted to that guy.
Once I start to fall for a guy, I get shy. It weird like that.

Here at the neighborhood where I live, I'm always nice to the neighbors and nice to their kids.
I help the neighbor’s kids with homework. I give them ride to school early in the morning when their mom have emergency.
I buy neighbor’s kids pizza on their birthday, buy them little presents on holiday, etc…
When neigbors have BBQ outsdide, I pitch in food to help them.

On holiday, I help out in to give food to homeless shelter. What I really want was one day to go to third world country to do volunteer/charity works, help those hungry/orphaned childrens there.

I try to get along with all the neighbors here, I love the little kids here.
I’m sure that was one of the reason why my husband attracted to me in the first place, it because I get along with his folks. Prfffff!! Pretty sure he wouldn’t married me solely just because I have a pretty face.

Men are not stupid, for girlfriend they go for the beauty. BUT for a wife to married, it beyond the looks, she needs to get along with his folks and get along with his mother.

Old 06-03-2015, 08:45 PM

720 posts, read 500,821 times
I guess I would be considered rugged. I don't know. I don't think I'm anything special in the face. I have full lips, a goatee, and kind of a broad face. I've been told I have a hard stare sometimes, which makes me sound like a crazy man, but I think it's because I've made it a habit to look everyone in the eye. I have a broad smile, though. And since I use that Zone teeth whitening thing, I'm not afraid to show off the pearly whites!

Old 06-03-2015, 08:53 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,405,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanzakura View Post
A huge proportion of people pick partners with similar facial features.

You only have to look at pictures of couples for a few minutes before you realize how remarkable it is that so many of them could be brother and sister.
They don't even need to be the same coloring or even race. They are attracted and reassured by the familiarity of their own features and the similar distance between them.

Therefore you shouldn't get too hung up on a critical assessment of your own face compared to society's current ideals because that's not the primary attractant for many people.
Extremely TRUE in my case! You need a hundred reps for this. I feel instantly more connected and attracted to someone who has at least one similar feature as me. Besides coloring.

Old 06-03-2015, 08:57 PM

372 posts, read 534,004 times
Symmetry, clean teeth, clear serious eyes, healthy.... and presence.

Nothing else matters.

Old 06-04-2015, 01:12 AM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,247 times
I love a face that's tell a story, great smile & kind eyes..I like Javier Bardem .....Not into pretty men, I like substance and intelligence, a hidden spark within that comes forth...

Old 06-04-2015, 10:36 AM

20,392 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmil View Post
I guess I would be considered rugged. I don't know. I don't think I'm anything special in the face. I have full lips, a goatee, and kind of a broad face. I've been told I have a hard stare sometimes, which makes me sound like a crazy man, but I think it's because I've made it a habit to look everyone in the eye. I have a broad smile, though. And since I use that Zone teeth whitening thing, I'm not afraid to show off the pearly whites!
Sounds like you're pretty dang attractive! Got any tattoos?

(I'm kidding ya.)

But seriously, eye contact, assuming there is enough attraction between two people to go forward on, is very sexy. One of the most captivating moves a guy has ever laid down on me in the opening stages of a courtship, was the old gentlemanly "kiss the hand" business, but with solid and challenging eye contact. But then...my first crush as a kid was Bowie in Labyrinth, so that whole vibe, that stalky, dominant thing he does...it's something I always liked.

About the liking faces with some notes of similarity to one's own...

I totally see that. One reason I got so attracted to my ever-so-unavailable friend, is that he has a certain resonance...not only his hair color but texture/thickness, his facial hair thickness and patterning, his skin tone...all of these things are familiar and feel like "family" to me. In fact he shares a very similar genetic mix to my Dad's side of the family, with some strong French and Irish roots. But unlike the men in my family he is much shorter, he is in fact my own height of 5'4". We are like peas in a pod, I sometimes think, he and I. But I'm coming to a comfort level with just being close friends, because that's really what we need to be.

Yet people are also drawn to exotic looks which bear little similarity to their own. Some seem wired to appreciate the ones from their own genetic "tribe" and others seem wired to go for the exotic and mix up the gene pool, which can also be healthy from a reproductive strategy standpoint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships