Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Whats body type are you most attracted to in either males of females. I like m/f who:
Female who are: Heavy (50lbs overweight) 3 2.73%
Females who are: Slightly heavy (20 lbs overweight) 15 13.64%
Females who are: Thin (not flabby but not toned) 26 23.64%
Females who are: Thin (and toned, but not bulky muscles) 30 27.27%
Females who are: Buffed (lift weights most days and has large muscles) 1 0.91%
Males who are: Heavy (50lbs overweight) 1 0.91%
Males who are:Slightly heavy (20 lbs overweight) 5 4.55%
Males who are: Thin (not flabby but not toned) 2 1.82%
Males who are: Thin (and toned, but not bulky muscles) 22 20.00%
Males who are: Buffed (lift weights most days and has large muscles) 5 4.55%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 06:41 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,740,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
what I'd like to know is how often certain people on here shovel Big Macs and other such foodstuffs down their throats, given a lot of the "as long as she looks healthy" posts
I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't actually know where the McDonald's is in my town. I'm assuming there's one somewhere out in the suburbs where I never go, but I haven't actually seen one. That's not to say that I eat only healthy food all the time, but it's not hard to eat reasonably healthy food the majority of the time. And for most people, it's not hard to maintain a reasonable weight if you simply leave the car keys on the counter and walk places on a regular basis. Even just a little exercise can make a world of difference as long as you do it regularly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 06:50 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,784,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespolynesians View Post
Exactly.

I know fat people who eat very healthy and are more active then the average thin person.
hmmm I'd be curious to know what you define as "very healthy" and "active". This logic defies the law of thermodynamics. I haven't met a "fat" person who eats very healthy and maintains an above average activity level. They must eat VOLUMES of food.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:42 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
hmmm I'd be curious to know what you define as "very healthy" and "active". This logic defies the law of thermodynamics. I haven't met a "fat" person who eats very healthy and maintains an above average activity level. They must eat VOLUMES of food.
I can tell you that they exist, because I fit the description. In college, where I played football, and afterward, where I wrestled and did martial arts, I weighed 300-plus with bodyfat around 20%. For several years I daily worked out as hard as any pro athlete. I, and my doctors, considered me very healthy. And yes, I did eat a whole lot of food.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I can tell you that they exist, because I fit the description. In college, where I played football, and afterward, where I wrestled and did martial arts, I weighed 300-plus with bodyfat around 20%. For several years I daily worked out as hard as any pro athlete. I, and my doctors, considered me very healthy. And yes, I did eat a whole lot of food.
Would you consider yourself healthy today?

Old 11-23-2011, 08:11 PM

66 posts, read 195,209 times
Quote:
Not everyone's body is the same. Some people just have a very good or very bad metabolism.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespolynesians View Post
Not everyone's body is the same. Some people just have a very good or very bad metabolism.
There is a very, very rare disease that you can be born with where the bodies metabolism doesn't work at all. It cause's one to be constantly hungry. It's called prader-willi syndrome, it's not very common, and usually affects the sex organs as well.

You can also have an under active thyroid which can cause weight gain as the body ages, but you can take a synthetic thyroid pill and it will correct itself.

If someone has starved themselves in their younger years they will have a slower metabolism, but they can manage the damage so to speak.

The body's metabolism will slow as the body ages, particularly after age 40, you loose bone and muscle. If one is pro active this can be prevented by weight training.

I agree that not all bodies are the same, but I've seen very plump bodies transform into very ripped, lean bodies. Those same people once thought they were just born "plump" and that was just the way it was.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:09 PM

56 posts, read 88,067 times
i like semi athletic and lean with booty. i don't like flat booties. and you can't be taller than me. i also like potential. i'm not into the on again, off again in shape person. I like someone who maintains a healthy body year round but doesn't let it control them. you need to live a little.

Old 11-24-2011, 08:15 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
I know a lot of guys who are like this. But have never in my life seen any woman like this. Think this is one of those few things that is different between women and men. Maybe you are just thinking of women?

Old 11-24-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I know a lot of guys who are like this. But have never in my life seen any woman like this. Think this is one of those few things that is different between women and men. Maybe you are just thinking of women?
Maybe, I know I more experience with women than men so you could be right.

It's been my experience with men and women who are overweight by 100 pounds that they have a mindset that they were born this way and there isn't much they can do about it. I happen to disagree. I had a girlfriend in college who was 300 lbs and was able to to get down to about 160. It took many years mind you, but she did it. She was a chubby baby, overweight child and adult and was able to make a significant difference in her body. I attended a few weight watcher meetings with her and they taught what I believe, which is that people have the power to change, but are the willing to do it or do they want to make an excuse not to change. The number one excuse I hear is "I was born that way, I can't change that"

I have another close friend from childhood who was not chubby growing up, she was quite thin sz 8 through high school. She got up to 300lbs during her 20's and just had gastric bypass surgery last spring. I hope it works for her but I have a hard time with it, but I support her decision.

I know I'm on a soap box but I just have to pipe in about this. I think you know me well enough to know that I'm not trying to be rude. I just have never met someone who I didn't believe could change if they really wanted to. I have to believe in people, that's just what I do.

Old 11-24-2011, 08:08 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,724,143 times
Brunette, but she any hair color works. Big booty with thick thighs and medium to large breasts but I'll take a big booty over breasts bc I need something to hold. She needs to a have small waist and flat to somewhat flat stomach as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships