Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 10:04 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times

Advertisements

In response to what a poster said on the body type thread, wondering, for both men and women, which physical and personality types do you find are attracted to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 10:13 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
I have not noticed any certain 'Type' I have been approached by men of different types. Different races, but at this point in my life, they are mostly white men from the ages of about 17 to 55 maybe?

When I was younger, a lot of black men approached me. During my marriage, I don't think anyone really did.

Physically, all types. At my current age, I have had many "intelligent" type men approaching me.

I have no idea, Lucario. Kinda a little of everything.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:18 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I have not noticed any certain 'Type' I have been approached by men of different types. Different races, but at this point in my life, they are mostly white men from the ages of about 17 to 55 maybe?

When I was younger, a lot of black men approached me. During my marriage, I don't think anyone really did.

Physically, all types. At my current age, I have had many "intelligent" type men approaching me.

I have no idea, Lucario. Kinda a little of everything.
Interesting.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:23 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
In response to what a poster said on the body type thread, wondering, for both men and women, which physical and personality types do you find are attracted to you?
For the most part, very undesirable males- i.e. not attractive, not educated, or just too old. Occasionally, there will be a few decent ones with college degrees, faces that don't crack mirrors, and not more than 10 years my senior.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:47 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,231,327 times
ones that get sick of me because i like them too much or ones i would never date for whatever reason. no particular physical type.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:47 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,122 times
single overweight educated women with good jobs. these women know that good looking guys with money have no interest in them but they aren't afraid to aproach a good looking guy that works in a tire shop or service guy working on there house.
I used to do cable tv way back in the day and I would always get hit on by these single 30 something succesfull overweight women.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:20 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,263,675 times
Quote:
Oh, my milk shake brings alllll the boys to the yard.

Well, except the ones who can't handle a woman who tells it like it is. If a man wants a mealy-mouthed little girly-girl who will be submissive and sit there prettily while the world goes to chit, he will not come on to me. The men who dig me will say, "I like you. You're smart and you don't take anyone's crap." Which is how my mama raised me.

If there is a "type" that has come on to me over the years, it's strong, independent men who know how to disarm and kill me in a variety of ways. I think my current SO is one of a very few men I've been with who did not do time in the military, and he's in law enforcement, so there you go.

Catch is, I seem to reel in the liberals and free-thinkers in professions where few are. The ex was an Army man before we met, then deployed with the National Guard, and he was as progressive as they come. Another fellow who is a field grade officer questioned US involvement in Iraq and switched his MOS from flying a desk as an engineer to combat rescue "because at least I can get some of them out of there alive." My SO is an atheist and pretty socially liberal with respect to things like gay marriage. Where he works? Unusual, to say the least.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:24 AM

748 posts, read 1,313,798 times
Hmmm... I have no clue, I have not have a guy flirt with me in over 3 years...

Old 11-21-2011, 12:39 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
What kind of guys do I attract... Well - I've been hit on by everything from homeless guys to very successful guys, from skinny guys to fat guys, from tall guys to short guys, from educated guys to not educated guys, etc. The guys that I have chosen to date or be in relationships with have varied physically from 5'6" to 6', from chunky to skinny, from fair to dark, etc. Personality wise - the guys I dated have all been nice, funny, silly, and for the most part, fairly intelligent. They were all what I consider to be very good people.

Old 11-21-2011, 12:44 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
I think people like us Lucario who are in the top 95th percentile as far as looks go, attract all different types. Its just part of being generally and universally attractive. We attract young, old, fat, fit, thin, etc.

Its just that I end up CHOOSING to be with only a small portion of women who find me attractice. Most of my life, its been latina women and asian women who seemed to particularly find me irresistable. Of all the girlfriends Ive had in my life, Id say the largest number of them were latina (or of hispanic origin). Then asian and a potpourri of other types mixed in - European, white, islander, black, middle eastern, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships